Change in park opening times

I've seen them change park hours at the last minute. It does not affect FP or ADR. You have what you have, regardless of when the park opens.

I would keep checking as you get closer. We're going July 3rd and have BBB reservations and need to check in at 8:30, which was pre-park opening and we were so excited. I checked the other day, and they have already changed the MK opening for that day to 8:00 and staying open until 1 a.m.! Glad I checked because we will have to make sure to be there a little earlier to get in the park and get through the crowds up Main Street for our appt.! Other times, we have found out the day before that a park was opening earlier or staying open later. A cast member told us it all depends on crowd levels.

I just checked and they moved MK opening time up on June 3rd to 8:00 AM, and I have a PPO BOG reservation. I'll just cancel, but curious if anyone has ever seen them move the hours back to 9:00 AM after being moved up.

When they do change the hours, is it reflected on the MDE app? Just wondering what the best way to find out is. Thanks in advance.

I just checked and they moved MK opening time up on June 3rd to 8:00 AM, and I have a PPO BOG reservation. I'll just cancel, but curious if anyone has ever seen them move the hours back to 9:00 AM after being moved up.
will not say has not happened but I have never know to go back to later opening.

We've had morning hours change up to the night before and evening hours change the same day.
We've had the closing time change same-day before, which is fun. We got in a couple more rides and a Dole Whip after Wishes!

Ever happened? No. Can it? I suppose so. But will it? I don't think so.

When they do change the hours, is it reflected on the MDE app? Just wondering what the best way to find out is. Thanks in advance.
Yes, App, web site both

Very unlikely WDW will decide on the spot (day of) to open an hour early. You'll have some advance notice as long as you keep checking the park hours daily. You can cancel a dining reservation up until midnight the night before the ADR. I would say there is a 99% chance you will know at midnight what the park hours for the following day are.

We will be at MK on September 3rd. I read somewhere that the park will close at 6pm for regular admission due to the Halloween party. Does that mean, if we
do not have special tickets for the Halloween party, we will not be able to watch the 9pm fireworks from inside the park ?

We will be at MK on September 3rd. I read somewhere that the park will close at 6pm for regular admission due to the Halloween party. Does that mean, if we
do not have special tickets for the Halloween party, we will not be able to watch the 9pm fireworks from inside the park ?

September 3 is not a date for MNSSHP, so you're good to watch fireworks (regular HEA, not the special Halloween show) inside the park.

If you were there on a night when MNSSHP is scheduled, you'd have to leave at 7:00. Anyone with a tickets gets a bracelet to wear. CMs make sure anyone without a bracelet leaves the park. Our favorite place to watch fireworks outside MK is from the boat launch area at the GF. Not the same as being in the park for sure, but it's a nice view (and not nearly as crowded as park viewing)!

September 3 is not a date for MNSSHP, so you're good to watch fireworks (regular HEA, not the special Halloween show) inside the park.

If you were there on a night when MNSSHP is scheduled, you'd have to leave at 7:00. Anyone with a tickets gets a bracelet to wear. CMs make sure anyone without a bracelet leaves the park. Our favorite place to watch fireworks outside MK is from the boat launch area at the GF. Not the same as being in the park for sure, but it's a nice view (and not nearly as crowded as park viewing)!
Thank you so much for your reply. I was getting worried. It is our first time at Disney and we wanted to end it with a big bang

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter