Change in HS FP+ tiers as of Aug 29

If you want to ride more than one tier 1 ride using a fast pass, you have to burn off the two tier 2 rides/attractions. After August 29, if you only prebooked SDD (for example) and then tried for RnRC after riding SDD it would give you an error message.
ah damn, so I would have to just pick two other things scan everyones then I can book another tier 1 and repeat after using that one as well?

Hopefully this is temporary. It means people with avoid the park altogether unless they want to do SWGE. So I guess that's one way to keep the crowds manageable.

Would I have to book all 3 or can I just book one for SDD and keep refreshing the day of for TOT or RnR? Or does Disney make you book 3 first? I have no desire to book 2 for shows you can pretty much walk on to at all times lol
You have to use three before you can get another tier 1.

If you have a good strategy this would be awesome for same day FPs earlier in the day. If you can actually get the tier 2 passes.

Do you actually have to tap in though, or can you just let your fp window expire for the Tier 2's that you've booked to add your 4th fp of the day? Lets say you book a show from 9-10 am, a show from 10-11 am, and SDD from 11-12. You don't show up to either show and you ride SDD and 11:30. Can you add another Tier 1 at that point?

Do you actually have to tap in though, or can you just let your fp window expire for the Tier 2's that you've booked to add your 4th fp of the day? Lets say you book a show from 9-10 am, a show from 10-11 am, and SDD from 11-12. You don't show up to either show and you ride SDD and 11:30. Can you add another Tier 1 at that point?

Best to tap in, so you can book a 4th faster.

Why wouldn't you? If no one has a FP the line will actually move.

When I go in January, I'll be going with my mom, who has limited-to-no interest in Star Wars as an IP but will still want to Do Things Together. I don't think she'll be game for standing in line for an hour to ride a ride she just Doesn't Get.

I plan on rope dropping, RnR and TOT hoping to get a FP for Slinky(60 days out) then fill in my day around that. Possibly be done with 4 rides by 11-12. I am assuming the entire morning crowd base will be most likely waiting in line to get into SWGE, so hopefully my plan is solid. I am seeing Star Tours will supposedly be in Tier 2 so at least we get 1 ride there. The only the other ride Id want to go on is TSM and obviously spend the rest of the afternoon in the new land. Anyone think my plan could work?

I plan on rope dropping, RnR and TOT hoping to get a FP for Slinky(60 days out) then fill in my day around that. Possibly be done with 4 rides by 11-12. I am assuming the entire morning crowd base will be most likely waiting in line to get into SWGE, so hopefully my plan is solid. I am seeing Star Tours will supposedly be in Tier 2 so at least we get 1 ride there. The only the other ride Id want to go on is TSM and obviously spend the rest of the afternoon in the new land. Anyone think my plan could work?
If they do a virtual queue, I'd bet it'll be completely full for the day soon after rope drop. If you didn't want to spend any time in SW:GE then I think the plan is good.

If they do a virtual queue, I'd bet it'll be completely full for the day soon after rope drop. If you didn't want to spend any time in SW:GE then I think the plan is good.
really, you think they'll close the whole land off for the entire day? I thought by mid afternoon, it would be easier to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!