• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chance of Lightning & 25 Other Friends at Connor's First Birthday, Birthday Party!

Crap finally explained where the tall Asian man came from. He was the husband of the lady in the pink sweater. Their daughter was the girl in blue. The Mom and daughter stood in line while the Dad went on a ride. Once the Dad finished his ride, he relieved the Mom and daughter who went off on their own never to be seen by us again. It was still fun to tease him, because he was in almost the exact same spot I last saw him in after a bit of time went by.

After Lolo and I finished teasing Crap, we walked to the front gates to wait on my family who claimed to be in the parking lot. Lolo was entitled to purchase six military tickets that week. He had only purchased two so far, since his was purchased the previous month. In addition to getting tickets for us, he was going to get tickets for some of my family members.

That is why I was roaming around not doing much of anything. Even though I asked everyone who needed tickets to be there before 8am, I knew it would never happen. No one in my family runs on time, except my Dad. As he pointed out the night before though, he was staying with other people who were perpetually late. If we were to get in a ride line, I knew the call stating they needed us at the front gates would come. Thus, we waited for the late birds without doing much of anything other than taking pictures. It was better than the alternative of having everyone wait at the front gate for us to complete the ride. I actually threatened to do that, but my family obviously knew I would not.

After sitting near the front gates for over 10 minutes, I remembered reading in another trip report that Buena Vista Street was handing out free papers pertaining to the new opening. I grabbed 25 papers to hand out as souvenirs during Connor’s birthday lunch. The Chamber of Commerce (Guest Services) stamped them with the current date. This was only the seventh official day Cars Land was open to the public. We made it within the opening week. Unfortunately, I forgot to hand the papers out at lunch. I still have them in mint condition and plan on handing them out eventually.

While I was getting the papers stamped, Crap called to say that he finally received the fastpasses. It was 8:50am. He stood in the fastpass line for 55 minutes! Who knows how long it would have taken if he got in it right at 7:45am? Please ensure you find the line before rope drop and do not stand behind the rope with the other cattle. Getting in that line ten minutes earlier probably would have shaved way more than ten minutes off the wait, because lots of people poured in after us. Anyway, there was no need to harp on that. Lesson learned. Now that my papers were stamped, I joined Lolo and Crap with the boys. It was finally time to get an actual photopass picture with our whole family. The spot in front of Oswald’s would serve as our first ever family picture (that included Connor) at DLR.

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

My family sans my Dad arrived around 8:55am. My brother told me where my Dad was, but I did not remember. Lolo and I got our hands stamped and went to the ticket booths with my sister. It was just after 9am when we re-entered the park. Everyone was finally in tow, except of course my Dad. We had been in the park for over an hour and 15 minutes. While a few people ran off to the restroom, my Dad finally appeared from wherever he was.

Dad and Billy
163.jpg

My Dad was happy to see the birthday boy and promptly gave him a wad of cash.
168-1.jpg

Apparently, he learned that cash was a good thing sometime within the past two hours. Rather than throwing it, he seemed happy to have it. My Dad likes to give the money in all ones (he says it seems like more to kids), so that would not have been fun if he threw it. Maybe my Dad was onto something, because Lolo’s stack (while more money) was smaller, since it consisted only of 20s.

Billy was happy to see him too.
166-1.jpg

Meanwhile, I called my MIL to see where they were. She said they just arrived in the parking lot. After waiting over 20 minutes for my family after they claimed to be in the parking lot, I was not interested in waiting another 20 minutes. We would just see them at lunch or sooner if we should happen to pass by them (which we did twice). Plus, they did not need Lolo’s help entering the park, since my SFIL was also in the military. Everyone was finally out of the bathroom. It was finally time to see Cars Land. We had been waiting four years, since the plans were first announced. Let's not forget the hour and 15 minutes we waited for everyone to arrive.

Being in the park for well over an hour before I got to see it seemed like an eternity. Thank goodness I was able to see pictures before I arrived. When we turned the corner, I had to take a deep breath. It was more beautiful and spectacularly done than I imagined or the pictures gave credit. This was a sight to see. Everything looked exactly the same way it did in the movie. The imagery was absolutely fantastic, and the imagineers deserve a round of applause.

This welcome sign often had lines of people waiting to have their picture taken.
169-1.jpg

I preferred this welcome sign.
170-1.jpg

Fillmore’s was a snack stand that served mostly healthy snacks. We did sneak in there later and see that they sold a few unhealthy things, like coke. There were a lot of fruits and juice drinks here.

172-1.jpg

173-1.jpg

Sarge’s Surplus was the go to place to find Cars Land stuff geared toward kids.
176-1.jpg

This building did not appear to be open to the public
175-1.jpg

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree had a 50 minute wait posted. Cars Land had been open for over an hour. I’ve heard from the lucky few who were there before us that the ride was not worth a wait that long, so we just kept moving down the street. At this point, there were 15 of us roaming up and down the land together. Every time I turned around, people were disappearing. Some people were taking pictures. Others were looking over their maps. My older sister said she wanted to get in line to ride Tow Mater. I told her that we would ride it later and would be happy to meet up with them at lunch. After someone else dissented, all 15 of us moved past the line.

174-1.jpg

The Cozy Cone Motel consisted of five cones where one could buy snacks. The office in the middle was not open to the public.

178-1.jpg

194-1.jpg

Cadillac Range looked awesome in the distance. People were everywhere, so this was a difficult shot for Crap to catch.

179-1.jpg

Mater just drove by. He was actually driving down the road. Xander loved this, since he had never seen him drive anywhere else other than Radiator Springs.

193-1.jpg

Flo’s V8 Café is a lovely themed quick service restaurant.

183-1.jpg

180-1.jpg

It even had gas pumps near the outdoor tables, which was a lovely touch.

181-1.jpg

This sign speaks for itself. I always got excited when I saw it.

182-1.jpg

Radiator Springs Curios had smaller souvenirs that were mostly related to vehicles (like antenna balls, rearview mirror hangers, etc). It also had a large assortment of pins and Route 66 gear.

184-1.jpg

I love this Route 66 sign
185-1.jpg

This light flashed yellow all day long. In this shot, you can even see the leaning tires.
187-1.jpg

The wait for Luigi’s Flying Tires was 90 minutes by the time we arrived. No one in our group even suggested riding it.

188-1.jpg

Sparky’s Spark Plugs was another building that seemed closed to the public.

190-1.jpg

Stanley was very popular. He always had people near him. The line to get a picture with Stanley was always longer than the welcome to Cars Land sign.

191-1.jpg

It was finally time to turn the corner and see the long awaited ride. We knew it would just be a quick glimpse. If Mater’s ride had a 50 minute wait and Luigi’s ride had a 90 minute wait, what would the wait for Radiator Springs Racers look like between 9:15am and 9:30am on opening week. Stay tuned.

Hi Kim! I've just read your TR - loving it! Your boys are so cute! I can see why people mistake Connor for a girl - he is beautiful. Xavier is pretty handsome too.

We stayed in a suite on points at the DLH 4 years ago with DS, DDIL and our grandbabies who were 3 and 11 mos at the time. DH says he thinks it is the nicest we've stayed at yet. I'm not sure why, because I loved GC and AKL so I'm thinking he just loves the classic feel :confused3 Anyway Your TR is bringing back some fun memories!

How cool that you got to Cars Land during opening week! I'll be interested to see what you get to ride. our other DS, DDIL and DGS 5 and 22 mos were there on opening day and couldn't get close to anything, but they still loved looking around and being part of the opening!:cool1:

I'm excited to see what's next for you, and how the big party comes out!

That was a long time just to get FP's for RSR. Thanks for the tip about waiting at the rope drop to be at a specific spot in order to get RSR FP's instead of being in front or behind people.

Where do you pick up the newspapers when you enter DCA? I am looking forward to get a newspaper during my upcoming trip.

I would assume that most of your party would be at the park around 8am, but they are showing up late and costing you time at DCA.

It was a good thing that you got to see CL & BVS pictures from other people in advance so you knew what was going to happen. Very nice pics of CL, it did look busy that day.

After you said that MJJ was at 50 minute wait time, I knew that you would not even go in the line.

Nice update to your TR.

We enjoyed dinner so much that I may return there on our next trip. That may push back my goal to eat at a new place. I am going to try the buscuits and the garlic bread next time (unless they are the same thing there). I never miss a chance to order a souffle, even if it is not a traditional souffle.

It was insane, but I am glad we were there. Hopefully, everything calms down for you. I cannot wait to read about how your upcoming trip goes.

I thought people were talking about the biscuits at CCR, the garlic bread at Ralph Brennans is this kind of "monkey bread" perhaps it's better for me to just show it.

DSCN4176.jpg

I know what you mean about a souffle, I will always order one if it is one the menu. The BEST souffle I have EVER had is at Andre's at the Monte Carlo it was insane how good it was, I would go back there just for the souffle, if they would let me order just dessert, but the meal was also to die for, we had the Lobster Thermidor and it was just incredible! I know you know about pricey restaurants, but we really enjoyed this one!

Hi Kim! I've just read your TR - loving it! Your boys are so cute! I can see why people mistake Connor for a girl - he is beautiful. Xavier is pretty handsome too.

We stayed in a suite on points at the DLH 4 years ago with DS, DDIL and our grandbabies who were 3 and 11 mos at the time. DH says he thinks it is the nicest we've stayed at yet. I'm not sure why, because I loved GC and AKL so I'm thinking he just loves the classic feel :confused3 Anyway Your TR is bringing back some fun memories!

How cool that you got to Cars Land during opening week! I'll be interested to see what you get to ride. our other DS, DDIL and DGS 5 and 22 mos were there on opening day and couldn't get close to anything, but they still loved looking around and being part of the opening!:cool1:

I'm excited to see what's next for you, and how the big party comes out!

:welcome:

Tammie, I am enjoying your report very much. If either of my Father-in-Laws had DIS accounts, I would direct them over to your report. It is like a must read for anyone who loves the military or wants to go to Hawaii/Aulani. You've seen some awesome ships and sites with some of our country's finest.

Thank you. When Connor is in masculine clothes, I get the girl comments a little less. The lady who thought he was a girl was very sweet, so I did not take it personally. Xander got mistaken for a girl less often than Connor. I told him you think he is handsome, and he said thank you.

We've wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for so long. It was awesome. Crap would probably say that the Grand Floridian was his favorite Disney hotel, but I agree with Jim. Even though we were in a regular room, I preferred the Disneyland Hotel. Granted, the view of the MK was better than a view of trees facing DtD. Xander preferred the Disneyland Hotel as well and is still asking me when we are going to stay at the DisneyWorld Hotel.

Our trip was planned long before the official opening for Cars Land was announced. I knew we wanted to be there for Connor's first birthday and was very pleased Cars Land would open in time for our trip. Your son and his family were brave to be there opening day. Thank goodness Disney chose an opening day before we arrived. It is neat that your son was a part of history though.

That was a long time just to get FP's for RSR. Thanks for the tip about waiting at the rope drop to be at a specific spot in order to get RSR FP's instead of being in front or behind people.

Where do you pick up the newspapers when you enter DCA? I am looking forward to get a newspaper during my upcoming trip.

I would assume that most of your party would be at the park around 8am, but they are showing up late and costing you time at DCA.

It was a good thing that you got to see CL & BVS pictures from other people in advance so you knew what was going to happen. Very nice pics of CL, it did look busy that day.

After you said that MJJ was at 50 minute wait time, I knew that you would not even go in the line.

Nice update to your TR.

There is a large rope that blocked off the fastpass line. Cast members were allowing people in it before rope drop though. The whole Hollywood Land section seemed open. If you want to get in the line, head to the left of Carthay Circle and locate the sign and follow the line of people until it ends. Hopefully, it does not go past the Hyperion Theater toward the Tower of Terror like it did for us. I wonder if they are waiting for the crowds to die down before they open the fastpasses by the actual ride. It seems like they are keeping them where they are, because people can form a line before rope drop that way.

The newspapers are on Buena Vista Street to the right of the gates just to the left of the bathrooms. I cannot remember the name of the landmark that was behind it. There are a lot of cast members there if you do not find it. Once I asked a cast member, It was like a ten second walk to grab them. At some point, I want to actually read my paper.

They really should have been there before 8am, since some were relying on my FIL to get their tickets. It was inconsiderate to arrive late, but they are never on time anywhere. I expected it. For the first few minutes I was with them, I was not even nice. Shortly before I ditched them the first time, I realized that I just needed to get over it. That is who they are, which is a wonderful group of unorganized people. However, they had cost me enough time. I was not going to stand around doing nothing why they tried to get it together.

Yes, it was nice to see the reports in advance. I learned a few things, and it really got me even more excited for our trip.

Thanks to you and a couple of others, there was no way I was waiting 50 minutes for that ride.

Thanks.

Nice update and you were extremely patient waiting for everyone. I wouldn't have been that kind! The crowds seem to be of epic proportions....and I hope that it does die down a little.

What a great start! (Well, besides all of the waiting around- I guess I mean a great start to the CarsLand part of the TR :lmao:)

Cars Land looks AMAZING!!!! I can't believe how great everything looks! As I was looking at the photos I was thinking that the movie lends itself perfectly to a theme park. All of the different buildings for shops and restaurants. Excellent!

But, now I wish more than ever that WDW was getting a Cars Land instead of stupid Avatar Land. :sad2:

I agree with your dad. Kids really like singles. Maddie gets confused when she gets anything larger. :lmao:

I can't wait to hear more!!!

I thought people were talking about the biscuits at CCR, the garlic bread at Ralph Brennans is this kind of "monkey bread" perhaps it's better for me to just show it.

DSCN4176.jpg

I know what you mean about a souffle, I will always order one if it is one the menu. The BEST souffle I have EVER had is at Andre's at the Monte Carlo it was insane how good it was, I would go back there just for the souffle, if they would let me order just dessert, but the meal was also to die for, we had the Lobster Thermidor and it was just incredible! I know you know about pricey restaurants, but we really enjoyed this one!

You're right. She was talking about CCR. I got confused. Before our next trip, I am going to have to read all of the responses on this again to keep all of your tips straight. If I am already confused this early, that is not good.

That bread looks fantastic. I love garlic bread. If I remember next time we go, I will order that for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Knowing that the best souffle you've ever had is less than 45 minutes from me means Crap better find a way to take me there. There are still so many here that I have not tried, because we usually wait for special occasions to go. Although, if I land a job soon, that may count as the special occasion. Thanks to you, I have the restaurant all picked out now too. Crap loves seafood, so he may want to try the lobster. The best souffle I've ever had was at the Rio. I cannot even remember the name of the restaurant, because it has been gone for years. Feel free to chime in if you see this, Crap. The Casear salad there was pretty good too. Why did that restaurant have to go away? There were not many people in there the last time we ate there, so I guess I understand.

Thanks for posting the directions to the FP line. I'll bet they have that line arranged to avoid the mad run to the attraction like at DHS for TSM. It is so crazy. I like the idea of just showing up and getting in the FP line without being trampled to death!

Nice update and you were extremely patient waiting for everyone. I wouldn't have been that kind! The crowds seem to be of epic proportions....and I hope that it does die down a little.

I am not a very patient person either. That is probably why I wasn't the nicest when they first arrived. It was my baby's birthday though, so I am glad I snapped out of it quickly. The crowds were crazy. Other than Cars Land itself, I have seen busier at Disneyland. We typically go in the summer time. Quite a few years back, I remember that the park was so busy and our group was so large that we barely got anything done. Now, I am a huge fan of separating when the group refuses to move. I hope the crowds die down a little before we return.

What a great start! (Well, besides all of the waiting around- I guess I mean a great start to the CarsLand part of the TR :lmao:)

Cars Land looks AMAZING!!!! I can't believe how great everything looks! As I was looking at the photos I was thinking that the movie lends itself perfectly to a theme park. All of the different buildings for shops and restaurants. Excellent!

But, now I wish more than ever that WDW was getting a Cars Land instead of stupid Avatar Land. :sad2:

I agree with your dad. Kids really like singles. Maddie gets confused when she gets anything larger. :lmao:

I can't wait to hear more!!!

I would love to say Cars Land was worth the wait (and it really was), but I was a little disappointed that we did not get in there earlier in the day.

It was awesome. Disney did a great job picking which place would be a ride, restaurant or shop. The Cozy Cone Motel is the only one that I am not certain should have been a place to eat. I could not really see shopping or a ride there either unless they did Mater's backwars driving like in the movie. Being able to visit each cone though is a neat concept. Okay, I guess Disney got all of Cars Land right.

I am not looking forward to Avatar land either, and I liked the movie. Crap is all about Disneyworld. He blasts Disneyland every time he can. They are similar but so different. When I told him I was more excited to see Cars Land than I was to go on Xander's fifth birthday trip, he demanded I admit WDW is better than Disneyland. Then, he mentioned Avatar Land. I asked him to answer honestly if he thought Avatar Land would be anywhere near as cool as Cars Land, and he agreed that it would not be.

I do prefer Disneyworld to Disneyland on the whole. There are things about Disneyland that are better too though. My favorite thing is you can walk all over and see it all without ever getting into a car, bus, boat, monorail and never fold a stroller and hold a sleeping kid at the end of the night. Cars Land though new, also happens to be my favorite Land at any Disney park. The Fantasy Land (other than the Castle of course) at Disneyland is much better than the one at WDW too (for now anyway).

Connor did really like the stack of singles. Granted, he has no clue what money is. It is funny how early they learn though. Xander got money for his second birthday, and I left it in his room after we opened gifts that night. The next day he walked in with a fistful of it and said, "I got monies". I asked him how he knew what money was. He said, It is how you buy stuff." That kid was destined to be a shopper. How he knew that at age two is beyond me?!

Thanks for posting the directions to the FP line. I'll bet they have that line arranged to avoid the mad run to the attraction like at DHS for TSM. It is so crazy. I like the idea of just showing up and getting in the FP line without being trampled to death!

You're welcome. We were assuming the fastpass line would be near the ride (which it is but it's not open there yet), so we never thought to look near the Carthay Circle for it. Putting it there (at least for now) does allow people to line up before the rope drop. That makes the fastpass line a little safer and probably a little longer. It is probably to avoid the mad dash, but after sitting on the other side of rope drop the next day, the dash to the ride lines still happen. Those who avoid the fastpass line seem to go straight for the ride. It is crazy to see how fast the standby line gets really long.

I wouldn't have waited patiently for my family! :lmao: I would have said, "I told you to be here before 8AM, I'll come get you when I'm done riding (inser ride here)." :rotfl2: You snooze you lose!

The best souffle I've ever had was at the Rio. I cannot even remember the name of the restaurant, because it has been gone for years. Feel free to chime in if you see this, Crap. The Casear salad there was pretty good too. Why did that restaurant have to go away? There were not many people in there the last time we ate there, so I guess I understand.

Was it the Napa "something"? If so, I ate there, awesome Caesar Salad! It was the first time I ever had one of those Parmesan Crisps, it was a crouton. Now places everywhere have them, but 15 years ago I had never eaten one. I'm not sure if I knew enough about Souffles to order one when we ate there. Now when ever we go to a restaurant and the beginning of the meal the waiter says, "We do have a souffle, but i need to..."

"YES!" He doesn't even have to finish that sentence. Grand Mariner is my favorite because I have never had a chocolate one that is chocolately enough for me.

There is a large rope that blocked off the fastpass line. Cast members were allowing people in it before rope drop though. The whole Hollywood Land section seemed open. If you want to get in the line, head to the left of Carthay Circle and locate the sign and follow the line of people until it ends. Hopefully, it does not go past the Hyperion Theater toward the Tower of Terror like it did for us. I wonder if they are waiting for the crowds to die down before they open the fastpasses by the actual ride. It seems like they are keeping them where they are, because people can form a line before rope drop that way.

The newspapers are on Buena Vista Street to the right of the gates just to the left of the bathrooms. I cannot remember the name of the landmark that was behind it. There are a lot of cast members there if you do not find it. Once I asked a cast member, It was like a ten second walk to grab them. At some point, I want to actually read my paper.

They really should have been there before 8am, since some were relying on my FIL to get their tickets. It was inconsiderate to arrive late, but they are never on time anywhere. I expected it. For the first few minutes I was with them, I was not even nice. Shortly before I ditched them the first time, I realized that I just needed to get over it. That is who they are, which is a wonderful group of unorganized people. However, they had cost me enough time. I was not going to stand around doing nothing why they tried to get it together.

Yes, it was nice to see the reports in advance. I learned a few things, and it really got me even more excited for our trip.

Thanks to you and a couple of others, there was no way I was waiting 50 minutes for that ride.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip Kim. When we get there on Tuesday, I will be in the park early due to the APEE. So I will enjoy the first half hour in CL and then about 15 minutes until the park opens I try to find my DB and his GF. Get there tickets and wait in line for the RSR FPs while they head on over to CL and go on RSR or LFT that morning which is a good plan.

Great, when I get to the park I will head on over in that direction to get some newspapers. One of my friends who lives in LA got me the opening day newspaper which was great. I wonder what the paper will be next month?

It is inconsiderate for them to show up late when you ask them to arrive before 8am. They should have planned better when coming to DL with traffic, getting to DTD from the parking structure and time to get to the esplanade. I understand that by waiting for them, it is costing you time to head on over to CL that morning so you won't have to wait in those long lines. Good thing that we have cell phones where we can talk or text them where you are at.

Good thing that all those sites helped you out for your trip.

I wouldn't have waited patiently for my family! :lmao: I would have said, "I told you to be here before 8AM, I'll come get you when I'm done riding (inser ride here)." :rotfl2: You snooze you lose!

Was it the Napa "something"? If so, I ate there, awesome Caesar Salad! It was the first time I ever had one of those Parmesan Crisps, it was a crouton. Now places everywhere have them, but 15 years ago I had never eaten one. I'm not sure if I knew enough about Souffles to order one when we ate there. Now when ever we go to a restaurant and the beginning of the meal the waiter says, "We do have a souffle, but i need to..."

"YES!" He doesn't even have to finish that sentence. Grand Mariner is my favorite because I have never had a chocolate one that is chocolately enough for me.

I told everyone I would do that, and I wanted to. When the time came, I just could not do it though.

It may have been Napa. I cannot say for sure. It did have parmesan crips. We had parmesan baskets encasing the caesar salad at my wedding. That was fantastic, and I compare everything to that. Granted, I did not really eat much on the wedding day. However, I do remember the baskets from my tasting.

I am the same way with souffles. If a restaurant has one, I am saving room for it.

I prefer chocolate souffles, but I am willing to try any souffle on the menu. The one of the Dream was good, but I cannot even remember what flavor it was now.

Thanks for the tip Kim. When we get there on Tuesday, I will be in the park early due to the APEE. So I will enjoy the first half hour in CL and then about 15 minutes until the park opens I try to find my DB and his GF. Get there tickets and wait in line for the RSR FPs while they head on over to CL and go on RSR or LFT that morning which is a good plan.

Great, when I get to the park I will head on over in that direction to get some newspapers. One of my friends who lives in LA got me the opening day newspaper which was great. I wonder what the paper will be next month?

It is inconsiderate for them to show up late when you ask them to arrive before 8am. They should have planned better when coming to DL with traffic, getting to DTD from the parking structure and time to get to the esplanade. I understand that by waiting for them, it is costing you time to head on over to CL that morning so you won't have to wait in those long lines. Good thing that we have cell phones where we can talk or text them where you are at.

Good thing that all those sites helped you out for your trip.

Sounds like you have excellent plans for the morning, Bret. Hopefully, the fastpass line is not insane like it was before.

I still have not even looked at my paper, so I have no idea what it says. How nice of your friend to get you an opening day one! That is cool.

No matter what the plans are, there are people who cannot be on time. I know a lot of them. Everyone was to be there before 8am. My FIL is the only one who followed through with that and he came from Vegas. Everyone else was somewhat nearby. It was a shame that I did not have my phone. Crap loaned me his work phone, but no one knew the number. My Dad kept calling my cell phone. Communication was a problem, because my Crap's work phone did not have any personal numbers stored in it. I could only call my little brother and little sister. Those are the only numbers I know by heart. My Dad got a new phone number days before we left for the trip.

Yes, the DIS is an excellent source of information and trip reports are very helpful.

Kim! so sorry I missed you starting this tr. I've been off the dis for about a week, I guess! I just caught up. Happy birthday to Connor! The room looked great and it is wonderful that he got to enjoy the special touches in the room. He looked so happy talking to Goofy on the phone! I had to laugh when he grabbed the money and threw it - good thing he didn't try to eat it! I would not be patient with a huge group of people walking around a theme park. I get impatient walking down the street with a group of people! Can't wait to hear more about Cars Land and Connor's birthday celebration!

Kim! so sorry I missed you starting this tr. I've been off the dis for about a week, I guess! I just caught up. Happy birthday to Connor! The room looked great and it is wonderful that he got to enjoy the special touches in the room. He looked so happy talking to Goofy on the phone! I had to laugh when he grabbed the money and threw it - good thing he didn't try to eat it! I would not be patient with a huge group of people walking around a theme park. I get impatient walking down the street with a group of people! Can't wait to hear more about Cars Land and Connor's birthday celebration!

:welcome:

Hey. I've taken mini DIS breaks as well. Life sometimes gets in the way. Thank you. Connor had an excellent birthday. We loved the special touches in the room so much that we may not be able to do a birthday trip again without them. It shocked me how much he enjoyed talking to Goofy on the phone. When he threw the money, we all laughed too. I am not a fan of staying in large groups either. They stayed with us once we first went in, because they needed Lolo's help for the tickets. Once it got hard to move, I ditched them two different times. Apparently, they got a lot done after we ditched them.

Fiore's Steakhouse

That's it. Thanks. It was a fantastic restaurant, and I was sad to see it go. I dream about the souffle at times and even though our parmesan baskets were delicous from the wedding, the Casear itself was better there.

Sounds like you have excellent plans for the morning, Bret. Hopefully, the fastpass line is not insane like it was before.

I still have not even looked at my paper, so I have no idea what it says. How nice of your friend to get you an opening day one! That is cool.

No matter what the plans are, there are people who cannot be on time. I know a lot of them. Everyone was to be there before 8am. My FIL is the only one who followed through with that and he came from Vegas. Everyone else was somewhat nearby. It was a shame that I did not have my phone. Crap loaned me his work phone, but no one knew the number. My Dad kept calling my cell phone. Communication was a problem, because my Crap's work phone did not have any personal numbers stored in it. I could only call my little brother and little sister. Those are the only numbers I know by heart. My Dad got a new phone number days before we left for the trip.

Yes, the DIS is an excellent source of information and trip reports are very helpful.

I been reading your TR as well as the MM/APEE/EMH thread so I can plan out my plan for Tuesday. I won't be going to DCA morning on Wednesday on our last day cause I will be at DL during APEE. Hopefully the FP line won't be that bad. I am still hearing that the FPs for RSR are gone around 9am to 10am everyday.

Since you have many papers, you should read one of them. It was really nice that one of my friends sent me on of the papers on opening day.

I see that all the time with other members of my party that are not on time when we asked them to be there on that specific time. On my WDW trip, I wanted to get to the park early in the morning on some days, but some of them were sleeping so we didn't go until later during the day. At least your FIL is very reliable. I know that it was tough of not having your phone that whole trip.

I been reading your TR as well as the MM/APEE/EMH thread so I can plan out my plan for Tuesday. I won't be going to DCA morning on Wednesday on our last day cause I will be at DL during APEE. Hopefully the FP line won't be that bad. I am still hearing that the FPs for RSR are gone around 9am to 10am everyday.

Since you have many papers, you should read one of them. It was really nice that one of my friends sent me on of the papers on opening day.

I see that all the time with other members of my party that are not on time when we asked them to be there on that specific time. On my WDW trip, I wanted to get to the park early in the morning on some days, but some of them were sleeping so we didn't go until later during the day. At least your FIL is very reliable. I know that it was tough of not having your phone that whole trip.

Sounds like you are ready.

I should have grabbed one extra one to read. If I am really careful, I can just take my copy to read without damaging it (hopefully).

Some people do not get how important it is to be there early. Even though we never made a rope drop, we were always at the park early when we stayed in town the night before. Being without the phone was probably the hardest thing of the trip. It really could have been worse if Crap did not loan me his work phone. There were times when he forgot, and I had no way to contact him when we separated.

Sounds like you are ready.

I should have grabbed one extra one to read. If I am really careful, I can just take my copy to read without damaging it (hopefully).

Some people do not get how important it is to be there early. Even though we never made a rope drop, we were always at the park early when we stayed in town the night before. Being without the phone was probably the hardest thing of the trip. It really could have been worse if Crap did not loan me his work phone. There were times when he forgot, and I had no way to contact him when we separated.

Thanks to you and the thread.

Good idea.

Good thing that Crap lend you his work phone so he can get a hold of you if you are split up at the park.

Thanks to you and the thread.

Good idea.

Good thing that Crap lend you his work phone so he can get a hold of you if you are split up at the park.

You helped me too, so I am happy if any of my tips hep you.

It was just too bad that he did not always remember to give it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter