Challenging day at MK

This is why I personally believe CR has the upper hand against the other monorail resorts as if worst comes to worst and the lines are looking bad, you can take that 10 minute walk.
The monorail seems to be having problems (reading reports here and own recent experiences). Those lines are only going to get worse when the DVC villas open at GF too

Sorry your experience sucked. Information getting to the CM's can go such a long way. I'm willing to bet that the CM's rudeness was because thousands of people were pissed about their experiences with transportation, and it all just escalates.

If the CM's were told about what was going on, they would have been better prepared to handle the disgruntled guests.

Sorry your experience sucked. Information getting to the CM's can go such a long way. I'm willing to bet that the CM's rudeness was because thousands of people were pissed about their experiences with transportation, and it all just escalates.

If the CM's were told about what was going on, they would have been better prepared to handle the disgruntled guests.

I wish I could agree with you, but the fact that she didn't believe us shows that we were the first to bring it to her attention. And the guy at the Pinocchio restaurant who threw the receipt at everyone he encountered and didn't talk to them had nothing to do with the transportation issue. It's really just representative of service/society in general today and the lack of manners. I get that. I just wish the "happiest place on Earth" could be an exception.

Thanks to everyone who offered their thoughts. I was fit to be tied yesterday at 11 am. Now it's a pretty funny story that I can pull out whenever people are telling Disney horror stories.

Geez. 2 HOURS to get in the front gates. There really is no excuse for that and while I am sure it's coming from the apologists, I don't see how anyone could argue that is unacceptable.:scared:

As far as the cast members.. well its two fold. Guests are crankier, making cast members crankier, making guests crankier.. etc. Hard to say what the source is. It's probably part guest entitlement and part things breaking down all the time and people being stressed at being packed in like sardines and having to deal with things like waiting 2 HOURS to start their day.

I won't even take the monorail anymore because it's stops or is delayed or breaks down all the time. Not a risk I want to take most days.

Honestly, it's the job of the Cast Members *not* to be cranky. They're paid to smile and add to the magic, not take away from it, no matter how cranky the guests are. This was a big reason I disliked the CM experience at WDW in May, especially in MK. If a CM yelled at guests in DLR the way I saw CMs yelling at guests in MK, they wouldn't last long.

Honestly, it's the job of the Cast Members *not* to be cranky. They're paid to smile and add to the magic, not take away from it, no matter how cranky the guests are. This was a big reason I disliked the CM experience at WDW in May, especially in MK. If a CM yelled at guests in DLR the way I saw CMs yelling at guests in MK, they wouldn't last long.

I never liked the whole idea that someone is paid to be nice, therefore they can't break for a minute and have a totally human moment. I don't care what you are paid, you are still human, and it is hard to pretend life is all sunshine and happiness the whole time you are working. Especially when you have people yelling at you and being rude. Even good workers may slip now and again.

If I have to interact with a cranky CM I try to be extra nice. It doesn't cost me anything! And yet it can make a huge difference in the CM's day.

Don't forget that part of the reason it took the OP two hours is because they decided to forgo the ferry and go to the monorail - that takes up time too. So it's not all WDW's fault. If they had stayed with the original ferry, they might have gotten there a lot sooner.

I'm not suer I understand any of this story. OP seems to have had a car.
Yes, they had a car but you can't drive but you can't drive into MK....they had to stop at TTC. And they explained that they had driven from Tampa and only had an MK day pass which was expiring. Not sure what you don't understand.

My wife went to guest services (another 20 minutes in line) to see if anyone cared enough to sprinkle some pixie dust our way. Instead, the CM flat out expressed disbelief in the story, never apologized for the inconvenience and failed to understand how missing rope drop could severely cripple a touring plan.

Wow, the time it took to get to the MK must have been frustrating. However, in regards to this quoted portion, I would suggest to you that this is just human nature based upon all the selfish people the CMs in that room probably deal with on a daily basis so it is probably normal for CMs to sooner or later quit believe all the stories they are told because so many of them are lies. So, I wouldn't blame the CM, I would blame your fellow humans on this one.

Yes, they had a car but you can't drive but you can't drive into MK....they had to stop at TTC. And they explained that they had driven from Tampa and only had an MK day pass which was expiring. Not sure what you don't understand.

Ah, I see. DH and I don't drive so I wasn't sure of the logistics.

I had a CM call me a ***** before. We were given stale popcorn and asked if we could wait for fresh popcorn and the CM said "this is fresh popcorn" and then turned to the other CM and said"the ***** wants fresh popcorn". We were so mad!! Went to City Hall and the wait was over an hour to talk to someone. So, we just left for the evening!!

I had a CM call me a ***** before. We were given stale popcorn and asked if we could wait for fresh popcorn and the CM said "this is fresh popcorn" and then turned to the other CM and said"the ***** wants fresh popcorn". We were so mad!! Went to City Hall and the wait was over an hour to talk to someone. So, we just left for the evening!!

That made me laugh out loud because it is so ridiculous. I would say that takes the cake for the best of the worst CM stories I've heard. Every time I imagine that scene, I have to laugh. Now stand by for the "well can you imagine how much popcorn Disney has to make every day - you can't always expect it to be fresh. I can't believe you would ask for them to make you fresh popcorn" crowd to join in.

:rotfl: REALLY?

I hate the monorail. There I said it. I felt really unsafe so high up off the ground and it kept stopping (Twice in the Contemporary!). I was frightened we were going to get stuck in the middle of the route. Next time it's the resort bus or ferryboat!

I hate the monorail for just those reasons. Yes when it works it is fabulous. But these days we have been stuck more often then not when dealing with it. Nothing worse then a stuck on a stinky hot monorail. I guess stuck in a stinky hot monorail with a whole crowd of people and unable to sit.

That made me laugh out loud because it is so ridiculous. I would say that takes the cake for the best of the worst CM stories I've heard. Every time I imagine that scene, I have to laugh. Now stand by for the "well can you imagine how much popcorn Disney has to make every day - you can't always expect it to be fresh. I can't believe you would ask for them to make you fresh popcorn" crowd to join in.

Actually, considering how much they make and sell every day, I'm just wondering when the popcorn would ever have an opportunity to go stale!

I am sorry you had a bad day but don't complain about the line at the Grand Floridian, or the generator, you weren't staying there. Yes, by all means complain about the broken express Monorail line & super long lines for the Ferry. How do you think those that were staying at the GF felt waiting in line with those who weren't staying because they thought they were jumping the Ferry line when they saw the Resort Monorail leaving and jumped on board :confused3 Seems the Monorail is down more than it isn't. At least that is my observation of it. I do know you were trying to make the best of it, so don't take what I am saying the wrong way. I hope you see what I mean. :flower3:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and to the poster who said "honestly" it is the CM's job to smile while being yelled at, wrong, they don't have to smile while you ream them out. No, they are not allowed to yell back at you, but they do not have to smile and take it. They can walk away from you, they are not paid to be abused by the guest. They are paid to give guest service, not be their punching bag...;)

I'm sorry, but I find all of this a little hard to swallow. First off, that the wait at City Hall was over an hour. The line would be out the door and out the front gates of MK for that to be true. Second, you didn't e-mail or write a letter of complaint once you were home? I can tell you if a CM called me a nasty name Disney would know about it asap!!!! I wouldn't meekly leave the park with my tail tucked between my legs.

I'm sorry, but I find all of this a little hard to swallow. First off, that the wait at City Hall was over an hour. The line would be out the door and out the front gates of MK for that to be true. Second, you didn't e-mail or write a letter of complaint once you were home? I can tell you if a CM called me a nasty name Disney would know about it asap!!!! I wouldn't meekly leave the park with my tail tucked between my legs.

I have to agree with you about the line. If it were over an hours wait, it would be out the door and to the turnstiles .... I have waited no more than 20 minutes once and that line was all the way down the stairs and onto the sidewalk... so I highly doubt it was over an hour. Yes, I also agree, I would have emailed when I got home. Heck, I would not have waited till I got home, I would have whipped out my cell phone and called guest services if I was called one of those words. I never would have walked out of the park like that.

Exactly. The post was beyond ridiculous; they need to get a life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter