Challenged Accepted! Our Year of Disney with a toddler 2/27 x2

YAYYYYY for an extra trip!!! Annual passes are the greatest things ever, basically.

I love how excited you are about All Star! Seriously, I'd take any of the 3 over Pop any day.

Unfortunately the princes won't be at the party unless they've changed their minds. Sigh! I did read that they'll be at the Christmas parties like they usually are though, so that works for you!

I remember you didn't have the greatest experience at Pop last year. Hopefully All Star Sports does not disappoint. Maybe it's because it was just refurb'ed but it looks so shiny and pretty in the pictures!

It's a bummer there are no princes at the Halloween party. It works out for us though, we can wait to see the 7 Dwarfs in October and then skip them in December for the princes.

Did you end up with an AP this year? It looks like we will miss you by a few weeks this fall.

That's great that you are so excited to stay at the All Stars - a heck of a lot cheaper than the Grand! :rotfl2: Nice nostalgia factor too! We stayed at Music on our weekend trip in August 2010 and had no complaints.

I hope flight prices come down for you!

Keep checking on those FP+. I've always been able to grab them by continuing to check back and just searching for 1 on 7DMT (then rider swap - still worked in August w/only one FP+ needed).

Your time frame on getting from MCO to the hotel is about right. I checked my notes from this trip and I got off the plane at 11:16am and had taken ME, checked in, put stuff in my room, and made it back to the bus stop by 12:44pm. So, an hour and a half seems reasonable.

MK day, you may want to consider grabbing a 4th FP+ on your way out to meet talking Mickey when you are coming back to the park. He was a HIT with Izzy.

I am seriously a really frugal and budget minded person. The Grand Floridian is really out of my comfort zone, lol. But it is a special occasion and we're looking at possibly being down to once a year trips after this year so why not. We still have a lot of resorts to cross off our Disney list!

I'm really excited about staying at one of the All Stars, but really it was that or nothing. Can't beat $78/night! :thumbsup2

Wow I can't believe how quickly you got to the resort and to the bus stop last trip. I have no idea what other resorts the All Star DME shares with or what order it drops of. If everything goes quickly then we might head to Epcot, if not getting a good night's sleep isn't a bad idea either

Thanks for the tip on talking Mickey. Gavin LOVES Mickey but I hadn't really thought about meeting him since I'd like to see Mickey at the character spot at Epcot, and Halloween Mickey & Minne and MNSSHP.

All Star Sports is a fun resort and they just had their food court completely renovated last year. It's also where I was located for my 2 College Program Internships.

I'm really looking forward to staying there, I think it will be a lot of fun!

Wow, changes every time I pop in here!

I love the theming at the All Stars- so fun. The food court offering are also pretty impressive. I was surprised at all that was offered when we stayed at AsMo for the 8th grade class trip.

Hopefully, I will be back there again in June for Ben's trip. I am going before the school committee next Monday to help defend the trip along with the administrators and teachers who organize the trip. Every year there are parents who are not in favor of the trip, I can't tell if this year the trip is in more serious jeopardy or not.

Keep us posted on your flights- my fingers are crossed that prices drop for you!

:goodvibes

I know it's no deluxe, but I have always liked the values. We have stayed at Pop twice, and at the Nemo suite at AoA last year. I remember our first stay at WL I was so underwhelmed by the food court. I really liked how much was available at Pop's food court and I'm sure the All Star resorts are the same.

Good luck with your meeting. I hope you are able to save the trip! If anyone can do it, it's you! :thumbsup2

I hope prices do drop on airfare, I really need to book something soon! I have procrastinated on all my Disney related trip bookings this year and I don't want to miss out on anything again.

This is actually his second trip. We went last year at 11 months old and he cut teeth the whole week we were there :( I'm so excited for this trip though because he knows many of the characters and won't be afraid of them. My other three still have fun with the characters, but it's just so magical when they actually believe that's the "real" Mickey :) My husband actually quoted Jim Gaffigan last night. He said the part where Disney is the only place you can walk so many miles a day and still gain weight...lol

Oh that's a bummer! I can relate though. We went to Sesame Place in July for Gavin's 2nd birthday and he was cutting molars. He did pretty well but he was miserable. Luckily he was still free at both character meals we did. At the first one all he ate was applesauce. At the character BBQ we did on his actual birthday he didn't eat anything. I felt so bad for him. I hope you have a good trip! I'm trying to enjoy all these Disney trips while he is so little and believes the characters are real. I'm sure it will change once we're past that magic. Why does the food have to be so good at Disney? lol. I usually break even with all the walking, swimming, and sweating. :rotfl2:
Just got all caught up!! So excited to hear your October trip is on, but we will JUST miss you guys!! We arrive and should be at the GF by 11AM on 10/3 just as you are leaving! Hope your trip is amazing though!

Wow, that really is a huge airfare difference!

Plans are sounding good for the short trip. And so nice to know that you're returning soon, so you can take it easy (vs. me knowing I probably wouldn't be back real soon, so trying to cram it all in).

Love the picture! Such a big boy! I can't believe how fast these kiddos are all growing up!

Hoping the airfare situation works out... found something that might work on jetblue. Never flown that airline but I think it gets good reviews.

I can understand trying to fit as much as possible in if you don't know when you will be back. That's how we were pre-Gavin but it's funny, another trip was always right around the corner. We have a lot of "let's see how we feel" time so who knows.

I can't believe it either. The fastest 2-3 years of my life for sure! I can't believe Izzy is going to be 2 soon. Any plans for her birthday?

I can't believe Izzy is going to be 2 soon. Any plans for her birthday?
Nothing major. I'm just not really feeling the big party thing this year, so we're planning to have our cake person from last year make some Olaf cupcakes, then we'll visit with family (3 grandparent/family visits and maybe some friends) and bring along the cupcakes. And have Izzy wearing her new Anna/Olaf shirt and any other Frozen-related things we have. Yes, a theme for a travelling/informal birthday. :rotfl: Oooh, maybe we will bring the "take-along Olafs" from Frozen Summer Fun! :idea:

Yeah, my experience at Pop was a fluke, I'm sure. I had great stays at all 3 All Stars though so hopefully you will too!

And yes, I did get an AP! Thank goodness! Leaving for Disney right this second actually, woooo!!!

Nothing major. I'm just not really feeling the big party thing this year, so we're planning to have our cake person from last year make some Olaf cupcakes, then we'll visit with family (3 grandparent/family visits and maybe some friends) and bring along the cupcakes. And have Izzy wearing her new Anna/Olaf shirt and any other Frozen-related things we have. Yes, a theme for a travelling/informal birthday. :rotfl: Oooh, maybe we will bring the "take-along Olafs" from Frozen Summer Fun! :idea:

I know what you mean! We did a big party for Gavin's 1st birthday and I had no desire to do that this year again, haha. We took a 3 night trip to Sesame Place instead. We came back the day after his birthday and that evening we just did dinner and cake with my parents and my brother who came in town to see the birthday boy at our house. That sounds like a great 2nd birthday! Izzy will love it!

Yeah, my experience at Pop was a fluke, I'm sure. I had great stays at all 3 All Stars though so hopefully you will too!

And yes, I did get an AP! Thank goodness! Leaving for Disney right this second actually, woooo!!!

How exciting! I hope you have a great time!

Last edited:
Looks like a fun time at DHS. Chip and Dale are such a great character meet!

Super cute 2-year pictures, especially where he is looking so fondly at you. :love:

Driving again, huh? At least you don't have to worry about those darn airfares and you know what's going on. Hope you have a great time! And YAY for getting the FP+ for Mine Train! :cool1:

Caught up on your last update and your trip plans

I'm excited for you for your October trip. Sounds like you have a lot of fun plans at a pace that is not insane. So glad you were able to get a FP for the 7 Dwarves Mine Train!

I can't remember, have you revealed how (if) you are dressing up for the parties?

Sounds like Gavin had really great character meets with Mike & Sully and Chip & Dale. The chipmunks are my favorites!

It has been awhile since we have been to 50's Prime Time, but I love the food there. The sampler is such a great option, and splitting it was a great idea.

What a super-adorable picture of Gavin jumping!

:yay:

The photos from Gavin's 2-year photoshoot are so cute! He is so stinking adorable! Love the jumping pic too.

Your meets & DHS time sound great! We also requested a TV table in August and got it, yay. Sounds like a nice way to end the day though, at the condo with swimming and such.

Your October plans are comnig together - you will have so much fun! Good to set your priorities and nix a few things this trip so you can enjoy the other ones more.

gavin2-1259_zps22a09f64.jpg

he LOVES to jump!

This is a great picture!

Sounds like your October trip is going to be a blast! :thumbsup2

Sorry you are starting to get a bit burnt out on the DIS boards. I know that feeling. Every time I go away I feel like I start to lose steam.

I really enjoyed your TR and I hope you are able to finish it. And if you don't before you leave on your October trip then have a fabulous time! pixiedust:

Haha, just like Izzy: cheese makes everything better! It’s magic! :wizard:

Yeah, the Boneyard slide area is better for older kids, I think. Izzy was fine going up the stairs and would have been fine going down the slides, I think, but with just me (in August) I would have either had to let her go up herself and hope she came down a slide or go up with her and hope she landed okay at the bottom. So, we avoided the slides, except for those small ones you mentioned. She was fine just running and climbing her way through the place.

Wow, that’s a bummer you had such crummy character interaction at Tusker House! :sad2:

I’m impressed you actually managed to do two African buffets in one day! And Zebra Domes! Yum! :thumbsup2

Nice that you got to the playgrounds and the pool – perfect for a toddler!

Wow, last day already! :sad1:

Looks like a fun time at DHS. Chip and Dale are such a great character meet!

Super cute 2-year pictures, especially where he is looking so fondly at you. :love:

Driving again, huh? At least you don't have to worry about those darn airfares and you know what's going on. Hope you have a great time! And YAY for getting the FP+ for Mine Train! :cool1:

I was sad about not seeing Chip and Dale in October since we are skipping AK, but I noticed they are at Epcot so hopefully we can see them there.

It's been 2 months and I cannot believe that I have a 2 year old! I hope Izzy had a great birthday!

Still unable to get a FP for Anna & Elsa for either one of our party nights but there is still time :) Hoping to have your luck for some to open up!

Caught up on your last update and your trip plans

I'm excited for you for your October trip. Sounds like you have a lot of fun plans at a pace that is not insane. So glad you were able to get a FP for the 7 Dwarves Mine Train!

I can't remember, have you revealed how (if) you are dressing up for the parties?

Sounds like Gavin had really great character meets with Mike & Sully and Chip & Dale. The chipmunks are my favorites!

It has been awhile since we have been to 50's Prime Time, but I love the food there. The sampler is such a great option, and splitting it was a great idea.

What a super-adorable picture of Gavin jumping!

:yay:

Not sure if I mentioned that! I'm not really into Halloween costumes and even if we went that route, it's going to be too hot to wear anything in Orlando in October. I was going to do costume t-shirts (toy story? incredibles?) but gave up on that too. I was going to have shirts made on etsy, but changed my mind on that too. We went shopping last week and I found shirts at Target for Gavin and I. Mine has a skeleton Mickey, and his is a Mickey shirt that says 'i love my mummy' and of course Mickey was dressed as a mummy. I lucked out the next day at Walmart and found hubby a skeleton shirt for $5. They all glow in the dark and for less than $25 for all 3, I'm happy!

We're really excited about October. Hoping to focus on the things specific to fall and not wear ourselves out too much :thumbsup2

Thanks! :)

The photos from Gavin's 2-year photoshoot are so cute! He is so stinking adorable! Love the jumping pic too.

Your meets & DHS time sound great! We also requested a TV table in August and got it, yay. Sounds like a nice way to end the day though, at the condo with swimming and such.

Your October plans are comnig together - you will have so much fun! Good to set your priorities and nix a few things this trip so you can enjoy the other ones more.

Thanks! The jumping ones are my favorite. I know we could squeeze a lot more in, but just focusing on Halloween/fall stuff this trip.

This is a great picture!

Sounds like your October trip is going to be a blast! :thumbsup2

Sorry you are starting to get a bit burnt out on the DIS boards. I know that feeling. Every time I go away I feel like I start to lose steam.

I really enjoyed your TR and I hope you are able to finish it. And if you don't before you leave on your October trip then have a fabulous time! pixiedust:

So excited about October! Only about 2 weeks to go. I just saw your ticker, are we just going to miss each other again?

I'm hoping to finish this one tonight, lol. Can't sleep so why not! Thanks for reading!

Haha, just like Izzy: cheese makes everything better! It’s magic! :wizard:

Yeah, the Boneyard slide area is better for older kids, I think. Izzy was fine going up the stairs and would have been fine going down the slides, I think, but with just me (in August) I would have either had to let her go up herself and hope she came down a slide or go up with her and hope she landed okay at the bottom. So, we avoided the slides, except for those small ones you mentioned. She was fine just running and climbing her way through the place.

Wow, that’s a bummer you had such crummy character interaction at Tusker House! :sad2:

I’m impressed you actually managed to do two African buffets in one day! And Zebra Domes! Yum! :thumbsup2

Nice that you got to the playgrounds and the pool – perfect for a toddler!

Wow, last day already! :sad1:

I'm hoping in December Gavin will be able to do more at the boneyard. You're right though, Gavin was having fun just climbing.

The character interaction was crummy, definitely not rushing back there again.

2 African buffets was crazy but we survived! Loving having some to go zebra domes! :banana:

I was sad about not seeing Chip and Dale in October since we are skipping AK, but I noticed they are at Epcot so hopefully we can see them there.
Yes, they are in Epcot! We actually met them there with no line on accident in August. I don't know if this was because of rain or what, but they were meeting inside that empty area by Club Cool (where the restrooms are). We just walked in and there they were with no line! It was an AWESOME meet too! :thumbsup2

Yes, they are in Epcot! We actually met them there with no line on accident in August. I don't know if this was because of rain or what, but they were meeting inside that empty area by Club Cool (where the restrooms are). We just walked in and there they were with no line! It was an AWESOME meet too! :thumbsup2

thanks, I'll have to remember that location! :thumbsup2

Glad Gavin did so well for ETWB. Nice on the double-rider-swaps in Frontierland. Wow, I can’t believe you hadn’t been on Jungle Cruise yet! :eek: Yay for having such great princess meets! Glad you at least have video of your character spot interactions. I wish I had more videos – Izzy LOVES watching the ones I have. Aw, sorry Gavin was getting sick! Sounds like a very nice lunch with fellow DIS-ers! Oh, wow, I’m glad you found a hotel and stayed safe – that would be so hard to drive overnight after a Disney trip. Ha, we just stopped by a Sonic on the way home tonight for a drink! Good that Gavin didn’t have anything serious. Poor guy – no fun feeling bad for so long. :sad2: Loved the report! And now you’re going back again so soon, yay! :cool1:

I got back from our trip just in time for your TR wrap up, and now you're about to leave for your next trip! I hope you have a great time, and if you decide to do a TR from that trip, I'm all in! :goodvibes

Not sure if I mentioned that! I'm not really into Halloween costumes and even if we went that route, it's going to be too hot to wear anything in Orlando in October. I was going to do costume t-shirts (toy story? incredibles?) but gave up on that too. I was going to have shirts made on etsy, but changed my mind on that too. We went shopping last week and I found shirts at Target for Gavin and I. Mine has a skeleton Mickey, and his is a Mickey shirt that says 'i love my mummy' and of course Mickey was dressed as a mummy. I lucked out the next day at Walmart and found hubby a skeleton shirt for $5. They all glow in the dark and for less than $25 for all 3, I'm happy!

We're really excited about October. Hoping to focus on the things specific to fall and not wear ourselves out too much :thumbsup2

Thanks! :)

Love the costume idea, and sounds like the shirts were a fantastic bargain! No bones about it!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter