Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

Stevie Wonder! at GF having lunch.

Kathy Rigby at BC having dinner.

Drew Carey at AKL opening day. Shook his hand at entrance of Dinoland. Very nice, down to earth almost embarassed by my acknowledgement!

But the biggest and best was when Mickey Mouse wished me happy birthday in person/mouseman at MK ee nite!!!!!!

WOW!:earseek:

Sigourney Weaver and Mel Gibson w/kids frequent the Polynesian.

Steve

I was at MGM for the "official" opening of RnR. They closed the ride for Aerosmith and other celebrities. The only people we saw that night were Jesse Camp and DJ scribble from MTV. We saw Aerosmith checking out of the BC the next morning.

I saw Wil Shriner at TL years ago, if anyone remembers him.

I saw Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods perform at the castle, when I was about 10yo.

Vannah White came up to my wife while she was swimming in the WL pool one night and they talked about their kids.

Last year Whitney Houston was at the table next to us at the GF pool.

saw STEVE TYLER from AEROSMITH at WOLFGANG PUCK in DD. was kind enough to take a picture with my daughter!

We saw Zachary Ty Bryan (Home Improvement) at MGM. One night we were having dinner at the All Star Cafe, they made and announcement that there was a special guest with them for dinner that night. It was an announcer for football on Fox TV. Neither DH or I knew who he was.

We've also seen celebs off property. We saw Shaq playing mini golf at Pirates Cove on International Drive when we was with the Magic. At Universal Studios, we saw Lou Perlman (Making a Band and founder of Nsync & Backstreet Boys)

When we stayed at GF Concierge in '98, we saw Kevin Bacon in the hall walking down to his room. We also were in the elevator with Joe Piscopo (standup comedian from the late 80s) and a hot blonde girl...he was wearing a pink GF tshirt, a GF bathrobe, a pink GF baseball hat and slippers...the girl wasn't wearing much. :)

My dad <i>chased</i> Drew Carey in the GF lobby in April of '98 (day before opening day of AK)...it was kind of embarrassing at the time. Drew came out of 1900 Park Fare with his camcorder around his shoulder, and my dad's like, "oh my god that's drew carey" and he RUNS down the lobby. Drew...walked <i>really</i> fast out the door, and then some GF cast members converged on them secret-service style. Hoboy...

Mom saw Wynonna Judd at the boat dock at the GF that same week...and I saw Melissa Joan Hart at the Wilderness Lodge that same trip. No celeb sightings since then, but I never really bother to <i>look</i>...

JC

We saw Sela Ward having lunch at the Gasparilla Grill @ GF. Boy is she good looking!

We also saw Kelly Rippa and Marc Consuelos at MK with their son. I dropped a hat on Peter Pan's flight and while we were waiting to see if the manager could retrieve it they came up the exit to get on the ride. When I first saw her, I thought, wow what a great looking pregnant lady. When I saw who it was I exclaimed, "It's Haley and Mateo!" He then left but she was very nice.

My only sighting was years ago(?75)I went with my parents and sibs to WDW for the first time. We went to the Contemporary so my brothers could use the water mice. There was a big crowd near a catamaran?spelling). It turned out to be Buddy Epson(Barnaby Jones). My mother was so excited she started yelling "Mr. Jones, Mr. Jones!" No wonder we were getting strange looks. He very nicely posed for pictures and signed autographs. I'm staying at the BC in August and I hope to have another sighting of someone. BC seems to be a popular place. But I suppose that famous people with lots of money don't bother with the heat in Aug. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open anyway!
Enjoying the thread.:bounce: :bounce:

We saw Kvin Bacon at the GF concierge at breakfast. We also were at Animal Kingdom and we had to wait while Jimmy Carter's entourage walked into the place where you view the tigers. Amy Carter was with him too. I have a picture of my boys standing next to Jimmy in the fast food line at the Barbeque restaurant.

I saw Lloyd Bridges about 20 years ago at the Magic Kingdom. He was very nice and stopped for a photo! I still have it today.

We saw LeVar Burton at BW in May of 2000. I noticed he was with his family, so I didn't want to disturb them. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back.

I've seen a lot of celebrities over the years at WDW, but during 96-97 when I worked there I saw a lot. Here are a few:
The funniest celebrity siting was Robin Williams in the character courtyard at MGM. He started a congo line with the Genie and a bunch of kids.
- While working at the Sci-Fi restaurant I was lucky enough to seat Gary Sinise.
- I also checked in Calvin Klein (actually his assistant, but he was standing right behind him) at the Grand Floridian when they were having the Calvin Kelin convention.
- During Spring Training I've seen numerous ESPN personalities and baseball players at the ESPN Club.
- I saw Tiger Woods at Pleasure Island.
- On the night of October 1st, 1996 (the 25th Anniversary) they had a press party at MGM and I sited a lot of people that evening; Michael Eisner, Drew Carey, Michael J. Fox and Molly Ringwold.
- I saw a taping of Regis and Kathy Lee in front of the Chinese Theater.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

About 10 years ago we saw Candace Cameron from Full House at Typhoon Lagoon. She had just come down a water slide and we snapped her picture.

In August 1994 I saw Princess Diana and her sons at MGM while waiting for Star Tours. They were staying at the GF and were at the MK the day before and there were photographers all over the place with the biggest camera llenses I have ever seen. That night we went to the Hoopdie-Do and the waitress told us that she was there the night before and that William had been chosen to go up on stage during the show. At the time her kids could have passed as just any other boys, they had on hats and t-shirts.

I will be in WDW in August. If I see any people from the DIS with the lime green ribbons on, I will feel as though I have spotted celebrities! I think that would be cool :D

A few years ago at the Boneyard at AK I was digging in the dirt with my DD and next to us was Michael Palin, of Monty Python Fame, with a child.

All I could think was I am sitting here with Michael Palin, digging in the dirt with Michael Palin and can't think of one darn witty thing to say.

I think all I ended up saying was something like,' I've enjoyed your acting so much, you know you are the nicest one of them all.'

He laughed and said he has been told that before, not to believe it and thanked me with his beautiful British accent.

OMG - Foot in Mouth Syndrome.

I think the first celeb we saw was around '88. We saw Michael Landon and his family at Epcot around France. We have also seen Reggie White w/family at Blizzard Beach--Pat & Vanna at MK--and last Feb. while staying at the Beach Club during Bryant Gumbel's golf tournament, we saw sports stars such as Marcus Allen and Bob Lanier and many more that I couldn't put a name to the face!!! :D :D :D

We saw Ray Liotta this past Thursday (June 7) walking on the Boardwalk. I don't even know who he is but my husband recognized him. All we knew that he played in was Goodfellas. He was with his wife (or girlfriend) and small child. Only one person came up and said Hi Ray. Everyone else left him alone (or did not recognize him).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter