Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

saw larry king in april in the gf main building checking out the concierge fod. he is sooo skinny.

We also saw Hulk Hogan at the GF while he was filming Thunder in Paradise. We saw Lily Tomlin and Valerie Harper at MGM.

A few years ago at Planet Hollywood I saw Whoopie Golburg (sorry dont know how to spell)!!!! :p

Wow, I guess most of the major celebs don't go down in June! But I did spot Harry Smith (former CBS anchor now on Biography) last year at the GF--his son looked in our monorail car and said "No, this one's too full" and ran off to the next one with his parents trailing behind him.
Of course DH wasn't paying attention.
Robin M.

Last February, I saw Rosie O' Donnel while in line for the Buzz Lightyear ride. Everyone was yelling "Rosie!" as she walked by... she just smiled, but it was a bit hard to see her because she was surrounded by video cameras, guards, and yelling fans!!! I thought that was cool... :D

Mariamouse:earsgirl:

I kinda got 2 instances...

Not seeing the celebs: Well, last year, in July...like the 6th or something, the Orlando Magic was trying to get Grant Hill and Tim Duncan to join the team (haha I think it was them) so they put them up in the best hotel in orlando.....the GF......so they were there, as well, as Babyface came to eat there...but I didn't see them

Seeing Celebs: and then the awesome thing....in April, the 24th and 26th to be exact, me and my friend had gotten hooked on WWTBAM at MGM, so we went 2x during finals week...Monday the 24th, we went, and we didn't make it in time for a show, so we went to ToT....it was moving SOOOOOO SLOWWW cuz they only had one shaft open....we were in line for like 35 minutes at least, and for this ride now, THAT'S A LONG TIME......and we saw an elevator loading with like 5 people and we started to get mad cuz all we saw on it was cast members......we rode the ride, and when we got off, I saw somebody taking pics with some people.....and I wa slike "wha??" and I looked closer, and it was Drew Carrey!! haha he didn't have his trademark glasses or outfit on, so I had no clue....haha my friend didn't even believe me!! haha and so when we were at WWTBAM we were talking to the CM's and he said that he was standing under his sign on ABC avenue saying "That's a handsome guy!!" haha and nobody relaized who it was..haha.....and he said that there was another guy from Whose Line there that day too

Then on the 26th, we went to WWTBAM and my friend Michael got in the hotseat AGAIN, and we got in line to play again, and his friend Jim called him, and was like "I almost ran into Eisner by the derby!!" so we got out of line, and we went out the archway near Voyage, and sat down...you could tell something was happenning cuz there were important looking CM's everywhere....and we saw Eisner walking from the Great Movie Ride with Jim Hill and everybody else.......and we were like in awe.....haha and Michael was like "Should I say hi??" cuz he was like 5 feet in front of us, and one of the dudes with im said "sure!" but we were too nervous....haha

Later!
kat
:bounce:

While we were at the Magic Kingdom several years back we saw Horace Grant. He had just ridden Space Mountain. Then a few years later we saw President Jimmy Carter. He was fishing near Fort Wilderness with the Secret Service.

Well at the hotel I saw Kelli Ripa and her hubby Mark and their son at the pool at Bc they were really nice My DD played with their son making sand castles and then I was talking with Kelli and she mentioned not bringing sunscreen I said she could use mine, When she was finished I went to get it from her and bring it back to my table and she said No sit down Ill put it back! Shewas very sweet and down to earth same with her hubby! (he has the greatest teeth!:))
I also saw the guy who plays Jack on Will and Grace at Bc last May.
I saw the guy from The Hugleys on Boardwalk.
Regis and Kathie lee twice for tapings of their shows and the guests who where on the shows.
I saw the Coke guy Lucky Vanous at Mgm (got my pic withhim)

Last November we saw Billy Gilman at MGM, he was getting his "square" made for in front of the theatre.

(for those of you who might not know who Billy Gilman is ;) , he is a 13 year old country singer with an incredible voice.
:D

thanksgiving (99) i think, we were walking at downtown disney and saw a young girl giving autographs. we asked someone who it was and they said mandi moore. we didnt know who that was so we walked about 50 ft. and on the side of the virgin megastore was one of those huge posters with a picture of guess who?

My DS and I were at the Downtown Disney Pin Event in April( ? I think) and as I was walking back to the Emporium I see this very nice looking man walking with his hands behind his back...He just looked so distinguished well as I got closer it was Peter Jennings and his lovely lady...No one even approached him at all...
My son was like "who is he?"

We've seen different people perform but he was the first and only "about town" that I've seen so far.
Holycow

We saw Hulk Hogan and family at the Poly Consierge 2 years ago...and thats it. But I feel so bad when I read these stories about celebs on vacation w/family and people keep coming up to them asking for autographs and pictures. Leave them alone, unless they are doing some type formal signing. They are normal people on vacation with their family. Just like you.

Just a thought.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

In March of 2000 , during baseball spring training, we were eating at the Crystal Palace in the MK and saw Andy Pettite of the New York Yankees. He was there having dinner with his family and a few friends. My 9 yr old son went over and met him and got his autograph in his disney characyer book. I thought that was really neat. Also , I thinkit was my son`s birthday that particular day.

We just got back an hour ago from our first trip to WDW and I met Gene Stallings on Friday night in the lobby of at the Swan! (He coached Texas A&M, the Arizona Cardinals, and asst coached the Dallas Cowboys.)

You know I never THINK to look for people! I mean if I saw Michael J. Fox or HHH or Kurt Angle or The Rock or Shane McMahon (yes I love wrestling) then I would notice, but usually I'm not looking for anyone. Maybe I will look in September we are staying at the Yacht Club which seems to be a favorite area for stars.

Now if they will only have a WWF convention then...sigh!!

This wasn't at a resort but at MGM I saw Gena Lee Nolin getting into her black convertable porche. She was leaving for the day from filming her tv show 'Sheena'. This was just last month.

Last November, Julie Andrews was right behind us on the balcony of the Contemporary watching a space shuttle launch. She was in awe of the shuttle, and we were in awe of HER...and the shuttle. My kids wanted her autograph, but we told them to leave her alone and let her enjoy the experience.

I also saw Kelly Ripa, her hubby Mark and their son in the MK in April.

Sometime in the 80s, my DH was at WDW while Michael Jackson was there. They got onto the Jungle Cruise right after he got off. My SIL got to sit in "his" seat right after hee got off - pretty big thrill for her since he was so big in the 80s. Michael also passed by my DH and fmily in WS that same week.

We saw Cal Ripkin Jr and his family along with Dennis Miller while waiting for the Toy Story parade at MGM.

They had a special section roped off on the steps outside the Doug Show (although at the time Doug was not there, it was the old show where you could be a part of old reruns.) The CM's had a really tough time keeping this area clear as people were trying to sit in the roped off area. We were seated right next to the rope and wondered who was coming.

When Ripkin and his family got there we felt a little sorry for them. You could tell they just wanted to enjoy a family vacation but they could not because all the people around wanted autographs and pics. He politely declined. If he had signed one, he never would have been able to stop.

My DW was sitting right next to him on the steps, (a rope between them) and she said something nice to him but no more than she would have for anyone else you might sit by for a parade. He seemed to appreciate that.

Dennis Miller was there to promote something. He did a 30 minute stage interview before the Beauty and the Beast show. It was cool. It's nice to be able to enjoy him humor without having to cover your kids ears.

you know....it's funny.....never really thought about it before now, but...
.....everytime I've visited WDW...
..I've seen Elvis!! :earseek: :crazy: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!