Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

well, i have personally seen one, but. my aunt saw colin mochire and ryan stiles at the yacht and beach club gift shop, and i saw Bono from U2 at DLR, he cut in front of us in line and got in his own personal raft on the grizzly ride.... i was like 6 at the time so i was mad at bono....lol, now i would have taken my camera out and taken pictures.

When my husband and I were there in May last year. We were at Epcot waiting for Illumanations to begin, there was all this commotion behind us, when we turned to see, about 3 golf carts went by with first George and Barbara Bush.

Denise

OK-these were not at Disney but.....I was in Chicago for the marathon and my Mom came with me to look after my DD(7 )while I ran.I hired a car to drive them around to different corners (my Mom is in her late 70"s) so they could see us and then meet us at the finish. On one corner they were waiting and this nice lady started talking to them, offered to let them use her bathroom in her apartment, let them in to warm up, get my daughter a scarf and mittens as it was cold etc... My mom said she was just lovely! She was John Belushi's (sp?) Aunt! She said he and his brother were very very good to her. Then, the next year I was on the elevator at the hotel the doors opened and Micheal Douglas was standing there-he didn't get on-he was waiting for someone who wasn't ready yet-but he said hi and was very pleasant.

Hey I just wanted to add my story. I just got back from a week at GF and saw Lou Diamond Philips! I am a HUGE fan so my husband came running to get me and told me to hurry up and that he was in Gasperilla's (I was on my way but dilly dallying). We didn't bother him, but I was in line right behind him (he was with his wife and kids and they were just getting in for his CP the next three nights). Later this week (on friday) we saw him and his son walking around the lobby of the GF just shopping and stuff. He was super nice to the CM who waited on him in Gasperilla's and the CM was THRILLED to see him you could tell! He looked great and smiled and no one bothered him. I wonder if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I wanted to at least let him know he was appreciated, but then again was unsure if he wanted to be bothered especially with his family. I oppted to just let him be, he knows he's got fans, why make a big deal, it was nice enough to be that close to him, lol.

MILEMRKR63 said:
While staying at the GF last year (2004), my best friend and I were in the elevator heading to dinner at V&A when the door opened and Cher walked in with 4 body guards. She smiled when she walked in and was quite gracious and dressed very nicely. My friend and I were like holy s**t, is that Cher? My buddy started humming "if I could turn back time" and she turned around to us and said "sing it, dont hum it" We all just laughed and she asked us how we were doing and where we were heading all dressed up. We told her we were going to dinner and V&A and she said she was going there also to dine with one of her managers. She asked us if we would like to walk there with her and we were like Hell Yeah.

Her body guards surrounded us and we were on our way. My buddy and I felt like superstars because everyone was stopping and staring and taking pictures and we were in them. Cher was quite nice to everyone and posed for pictures (again we were in them too) As we entered V&A, the staff immediatly requested to take her to her awaiting table. We thanked her for being so nice anf for making our night and excused ourselves. She asked the dining room captain where we were sitting. She then walked with us to our table and the looks on the other peoples faces in the dining room were amazing. We said that meeting her was a true pleasure and something we would never forget.

As we dined, my buddy and I were just so amazed at what happened. To top things off, as Cher left V&A, Cher came back to the table along with her body guards and said the dining experience was on her. We were speechless.

We would run into Cher a few more times during the visit and she always would said hello. We also would find alot of people pointing and staring at us at the GF being overheard saying those are Chers friends.

It was a true magical experience for us amd something we would never forget.

Wow, that is such a great story. :wizard: I would have passed out if I saw Cher at the GF. :hyper:

We just returned and saw Mick Foley (professional wrestler Mankind, Cactus Jack, etc) for the second time (saw him walking around the Poly back in 99). We were waiting for Spectro to start and I turned and saw him hurriedly pushing an empty stroller along the sidewalk. He probably looked like another harried father trying to get somewhere to 90% of the people there.

Mick is kind of a Disney freak like a lot of us from what I read.

Snurk71 said:
We just returned and saw Mick Foley (professional wrestler Mankind, Cactus Jack, etc) for the second time (saw him walking around the Poly back in 99). We were waiting for Spectro to start and I turned and saw him hurriedly pushing an empty stroller along the sidewalk. He probably looked like another harried father trying to get somewhere to 90% of the people there.

He was staying Poynesian Concierge - his room was right across the hall from mine this past few days.

Snurk71 said:

My bf and I met him at a book signing once- he is a really sweet guy.

I saw in an interview once that he said he was over his mom's house one time and he yelled "POPPINS!"- he saw she had the Mary Poppins soundtrack.

He said he borrowed the cd and now he listens to the Feed the Birds song from Mary Poppins to "psych" him up before his wrestling matches. :rotfl2:

That is really neat about Nick Folley!! I saw him on a tv show not being Man kind and he seemed really great! I love to hear stories like that~!!

I posted this on another board, too but last Sunday night at MVMCP, my DH, two DDs, and myself ran into Vincent D'Onofrio from L&O:CI at POC and then also on Big Thunder Mountain. My DH and oldest DD rode in the same train with him and his son and then were walking out with him. My DH asked him to stop and see me and he did. We shook hands and spoke. It was very exciting for me because I love him :love: ! Too much fun for me.

LoriZH said:
Hey I just wanted to add my story. I just got back from a week at GF and saw Lou Diamond Philips! I am a HUGE fan so my husband came running to get me and told me to hurry up and that he was in Gasperilla's (I was on my way but dilly dallying). We didn't bother him, but I was in line right behind him (he was with his wife and kids and they were just getting in for his CP the next three nights). Later this week (on friday) we saw him and his son walking around the lobby of the GF just shopping and stuff. He was super nice to the CM who waited on him in Gasperilla's and the CM was THRILLED to see him you could tell! He looked great and smiled and no one bothered him. I wonder if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I wanted to at least let him know he was appreciated, but then again was unsure if he wanted to be bothered especially with his family. I oppted to just let him be, he knows he's got fans, why make a big deal, it was nice enough to be that close to him, lol.

We were staying at the GF while Lou Diamond Phillips was there, on the day we were leaving my wife and 2 year old son were on the elevator heading up to the 4th floor Concierge when he walked on the elevator. Since it was just them my wife asked if he was indeed Mr. Phillips, he was very gracious and said just call him Lou, she then told him we saw his performance at the CP and thought he was wonderful, he talked about doing the CP and wished them a happy holidays when they got off the elevator on the 4th floor. He was heading up to the 5th floor, it was the only time we saw him there the entire week.

dhcoffey said:
I posted this on another board, too but last Sunday night at MVMCP, my DH, two DDs, and myself ran into Vincent D'Onofrio from L&O:CI at POC and then also on Big Thunder Mountain. My DH and oldest DD rode in the same train with him and his son and then were walking out with him. My DH asked him to stop and see me and he did. We shook hands and spoke. It was very exciting for me because I love him :love: ! Too much fun for me.

:faint: I love him too!! So jealous!!

This was back in 1989. My mom had taken my brother and myself down to Disney for our first trip. I was on headed to meet up with them at the MVMCP and in the same Monirail car was Daryll Strawberry and his family. Me being an 17yr old girl and not to into sports didn't know who he was until we got off and people started coming up to him. :confused3

On this same trip we were walking by a sleigh they had set up for you to take your picture on and we couldn't figure out why it was so crowded all of a sudden. Well, when we were able to see what the fuss was it was Julio Iglesias. If I remember right my mom was really excited to see him.

Then on are last trip if you looked back up Main Street over all the heads you could see Regis and Kelly taping the Christmas Parade.

We saw Erin (i think that's her name) the girl that does the Vacation Videos for Disney...When we were at DL in October 2004, we weren't sure who she was till we got our WDW video for our July 05 trip and there she was on the video. I still have to watch my new DL video and see if we made it onto the background... as we saw her a dozen times that day.

wow thats coll that all of you saw these people......when I was a
kid in Rode Island I met Kenny Rogers guitar player in the elevator................ I know I am a geek :clown:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter