Celebrating 10 years together, a trip to Victora & Albert's

Thank you for the review! We are going for the first time in June for our 10th anniversary!

Congrats on 10 years together! Don't be afraid to bring your camera and take photos. The staff will take a pic of you together. They also waited patiently as I took photos of the food. One even offered to help with camera settings!

We ate here for a family dinner, my dad, sister (27) and me (25) 12/12/12 and it was fantastic! If I remember correctly there are several options for each course, and is an non-meat option. or there is also a vegetarian menu that you can choose an option from there if you would like. I would LOVE to eat here again sometime. We also did I think all the upgrades between the 3 of us, and I'm so glad we did. We did the wine pairings. We planned not to eat very heavy that day to keep room. The portion sizes were perfect for each course. There was only 1 or 2 courses that someone got the same thing as someone else so we got to try almost everything on the menu, it was awesome! Plus at the end of the meal each woman gets a single long stem rose, and everyone gets a personalized copy of the menu.

The upgrades are definitely worth it!

Love the review/report - thanks for writing it

My wife and I are celebrating 10 years together this year as well and have book V&A for our trip in October to celebrate .... this review definitely confirmed it was a good choice

Did you do the full wine pairing? If so how were the rest of the wines?

DH did the wine pairing. I would have been laying under the table after the 2nd course if I had done it, so I would take a taste off of his. It is definitely worth the cost! I think there may have been one or two that we weren't crazy about, but I wouldn't say that any of them were bad, not by a long shot. Definitely do it! The wines do compliment the food. You made a GREAT choice! Happy anniversary!

Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic-Potato Puree
060.jpg

Oh wow - that looks like food heaven to me droooooooool

The food looks amazing! I see you get a bunch of courses, but my issue is they only look like a bite or two at most. Do you really get that full after eating at V&A?

I so want to go here, but am waiting for our 20th anniversary next June. Your pictures were great!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh wow - that looks like food heaven to me droooooooool
Oh it was sooooo good. I'd have some for breakfast today, if I could!

The food looks amazing! I see you get a bunch of courses, but my issue is they only look like a bite or two at most. Do you really get that full after eating at V&A?
Yes. This isn't a shovel it in free for all. This meal took 3 hours, so you eat slowly and savor your food. DH can eat, and he was full by the end of the meal. The food is pretty rich.

I so want to go here, but am waiting for our 20th anniversary next June. Your pictures were great!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks! I hope you go!

Looks like a very nice way to spend your anniversary! Congratulations and glad you had such a nice meal. ::yes::

Well first, Happy Anniversary! What a joyous thing to celebrate :)

Secondly, I completely concur with your reviews. My DH and I celebrated there not for our 10th, but just 2nd anniversary, but it was our FIRST trip to Disney, so there was cause to go big or go home ;) We were so impressed. Above and beyond what we could have expected. Truly an amazing experience. People say it's once in a life time, but we know that there's no way we can avoid going back. It's pricey, but for us the cost is worth the experience and the memories and the FOOD.

Oh, and to this day I am obsessed - OBSESSED - with the brioche. When we went it was a black truffle brioche and I cannot even begin to describe the perfection. *Insert dreamy sigh*

I'm glad you had such a good time!

Well first, Happy Anniversary! What a joyous thing to celebrate :)

Secondly, I completely concur with your reviews. My DH and I celebrated there not for our 10th, but just 2nd anniversary, but it was our FIRST trip to Disney, so there was cause to go big or go home ;) We were so impressed. Above and beyond what we could have expected. Truly an amazing experience. People say it's once in a life time, but we know that there's no way we can avoid going back. It's pricey, but for us the cost is worth the experience and the memories and the FOOD.

Oh, and to this day I am obsessed - OBSESSED - with the brioche. When we went it was a black truffle brioche and I cannot even begin to describe the perfection. *Insert dreamy sigh*

I'm glad you had such a good time!

Hold the phone. Black truffle brioche?!? *swoon* Almost as good as Johnny Depp on a plate, I imagine!

Black truffle brioche with a garlic black truffle salted butter.

It was *better* than Jonny Depp on a plate.

Could you imagine living with that baker? I'd be fatter than I am now! There's no way I could work or live around that bread.

Wow, what a fantastic review!! It's great be able to see what Victoria & Albert's is like...I love learning about fine dining like this. That herb brioche looks divine!! Thanks for a great review!
Just out of curiosity, was your dining experience at V&A's the kind where the menu is personalized to your tastes? I thought I had read about that somewhere. Also, did your attire have to be pretty fancy?

Thanks for the great review. It's been three years since I ate there last. We did 10 days for 10 years at WDW and topped it off with the Chef's Table. I'm fine with the main dining room as there was just so much food at the Chef's Table.

They do personalize the menu to your tastes. They call you about a week prior to the reservation and ask about likes and dislikes. I had a menu with no salmon choices, but the rest of my tablemates had salmon options on their menus. They will do an all seafood if you like, and they also showed us the vegetarian menu for the evening and told us we could order from that as well.

You're making me want to convince DP to go there on our Fall trip.

Wow, what a fantastic review!! It's great be able to see what Victoria & Albert's is like...I love learning about fine dining like this. That herb brioche looks divine!! Thanks for a great review!
Just out of curiosity, was your dining experience at V&A's the kind where the menu is personalized to your tastes? I thought I had read about that somewhere. Also, did your attire have to be pretty fancy?

I know I'm not the OP, but I just wanted to chime in.

Yes, the menu is very personalized. It's best to just tell them things you absolutely without exception cannot or will not eat, but not to restrict too much and let the chefs really take you on a culinary journey. However, when we went I had to request no stewed tomatoes for DH and no tomatoes or mushrooms for myself (which, in hindisght, I regret), I am also not a seafood eater but I wanted to allow myself to try new things so I requested the only seafood be scallops, shrimp, lobster, and crab.

Also there is a very strict dress code. Dresses or pantsuits for ladies and suits with a jacket for men. Men are allowed to remove their jackets while they eat, but are not permitted to walk about the restaurant without their jackets on.

I really loved it :)

DH had to wear a jacket, tie is optional. He didnt wear a tie and felt under dressed. The WDW website outlines the dress code.

Thanks for the great review. It's been three years since I ate there last. We did 10 days for 10 years at WDW and topped it off with the Chef's Table. I'm fine with the main dining room as there was just so much food at the Chef's Table.

They do personalize the menu to your tastes. They call you about a week prior to the reservation and ask about likes and dislikes. I had a menu with no salmon choices, but the rest of my tablemates had salmon options on their menus. They will do an all seafood if you like, and they also showed us the vegetarian menu for the evening and told us we could order from that as well.

You're making me want to convince DP to go there on our Fall trip.

Go go go! :) I'm such an enabler :)

I know I'm not the OP, but I just wanted to chime in.

Yes, the menu is very personalized. It's best to just tell them things you absolutely without exception cannot or will not eat, but not to restrict too much and let the chefs really take you on a culinary journey. However, when we went I had to request no stewed tomatoes for DH and no tomatoes or mushrooms for myself (which, in hindisght, I regret), I am also not a seafood eater but I wanted to allow myself to try new things so I requested the only seafood be scallops, shrimp, lobster, and crab.

Also there is a very strict dress code. Dresses or pantsuits for ladies and suits with a jacket for men. Men are allowed to remove their jackets while they eat, but are not permitted to walk about the restaurant without their jackets on.

I really loved it :)

Great response, thank you! I made our reservation a day or 2 in advance and they called DH so I have no idea what questions they asked.

I put this on my other V&A thread.....I read somewhere valet parking included, is it? And how much is customary to tip for valet?

Thanks to your report I was able to convince my DP to switch our reservation on the second night from Narcoosee's to V&A's! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter