CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

It may change going forward but as of today they have exceeded their target occupancy rate for the rest of 2017. With them removing 9 buildings, it really cuts that number down. They are looking into where to move people with existing reservations as they are over capacity for most of October and November.

We booked for November at CBR, primarily because of the gift card deal. If we're moved would you think we'd still get the gift card?

Oh, you are talking about a forced move, not a voluntary move. That is different. No idea what they'll do but I can understand now why you'd wonder. If you volunteer to move I would think you would forgo a gift card.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Don't know how you became confused.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Don't know how you became confused.
Because I'm blonde and easily confused ;)

Seriously though, just missed it. There have been lots of subjects in the thread. Some asked about moving themselves, others different questions. Sorry. Didn't mean to muddy the waters even further.

I haven't been on these boards since September, but since we now booked I am back.. I was not aware about the CBR construction.. Does anyone know how this has impacted, ex. POR bookings ? I have BC booked but may wait out any Fall specials for POR.. We have always gotten one.. But now with CBR and limited rooms, I can see PoR being a hard one to get.

I haven't been on these boards since September, but since we now booked I am back.. I was not aware about the CBR construction.. Does anyone know how this has impacted, ex. POR bookings ? I have BC booked but may wait out any Fall specials for POR.. We have always gotten one.. But now with CBR and limited rooms, I can see PoR being a hard one to get.

Port Orleans had rooms available in every category for my dates (week of Thanksgiving). I was kind of surprised.

I booked the last day the mention of the GC was on the CBR site. Got my email today confirming the GC. This is a great deal for us. We don't ever eat at the resort anyway (we either eat in the parks or leave Disney property altogether), so it's not really an inconvenience to us. The gift cards are giving us about 40% of our stay back. Given that moderate discounts are rarely more than 20 to 25%, rack rate with the GC is a better deal than a typical room discount. The only question I have is whether delivery of purchases to the resort will be available while Old Port Royal is closed, and if so, where will we go to get those. I figure in mid May, when people start returning from trips after the closure has begun, I'll be able to get an answer to that.

I booked the last day the mention of the GC was on the CBR site. Got my email today confirming the GC. This is a great deal for us. We don't ever eat at the resort anyway (we either eat in the parks or leave Disney property altogether), so it's not really an inconvenience to us..

Good thing is, if you change your mind there will be just as many food options during construction as there are today. Well except for a table service restaurant.

The gift cards are giving us about 40% of our stay back. Given that moderate discounts are rarely more than 20 to 25%, rack rate with the GC is a better deal than a typical room discount. The only question I have is whether delivery of purchases to the resort will be available while Old Port Royal is closed, and if so, where will we go to get those. I figure in mid May, when people start returning from trips after the closure has begun, I'll be able to get an answer to that.

This may change, but they are planning on having a Concierge station right outside of OPR which is where the purchases will be delivered.

New poster here, although I've been a reader on and off for quite a while. I booked CBR over a week ago for October and still have not received an email confirmation that mentions the $75 gift cards. Tonight, I finally called the reservations folks and was told they could not send any confirmation even though she told me I definitely would receive them. I've seen so many people stating they've received email confirmations it's concerning me a bit that I haven't and am being told I can't get one. :confused3

This may change, but they are planning on having a Concierge station right outside of OPR which is where the purchases will be delivered.
It may change that they won't have it or the location? Hard to imagine they'll have no Bell Services

New poster here, although I've been a reader on and off for quite a while. I booked CBR over a week ago for October and still have not received an email confirmation that mentions the $75 gift cards. Tonight, I finally called the reservations folks and was told they could not send any confirmation even though she told me I definitely would receive them. I've seen so many people stating they've received email confirmations it's concerning me a bit that I haven't and am being told I can't get one. :confused3

You will get an email later and will definitely get the gift cards.

We received our email last night as well. I ended up booking our trip for May of 2018. I'll be interested to see how it plays out for us since it was so far in advanced they could only do a room only reservation. We're still a little fuzzy on arrival and departure so I booked for the earliest and latest we would be coming and going.

What does the subject of the email say? Does it address the gift card only or is it included with other details related to the stay?

What does the subject of the email say? Does it address the gift card only or is it included with other details related to the stay?
This is what I got after they sent the one about the Grand Californian.

The subject of the email is "Important Information about your upcoming visit to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!"

March 2017

Dear Oberlander Family,

Earlier today, you may have received an email from Disney Destinations, LLC in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and below you will find information regarding your upcoming stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World® Resort as your vacation destination! We recently announced that exciting changes will be made at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, beginning with a reimagining of the Resort that will add even more amenities to the centralized dining and shopping marketplace. While we recognize this will cause a degree of disruption to your stay, we are making every effort to ensure that your visit to Walt Disney World is magical.
Beginning in May 2017, the following venues will be unavailable due to refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
Centertown, a dining location, will serve an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet for breakfast and dinner.
7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.
Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.
In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
Disney dining plans will be accepted.
We will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.
During your stay, you will be able to make a splash at Fuentes del Morro Pool – our feature swimming location – or at one of our leisure pools. Additionally, recreation activities and entertainment will be available.
Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.
As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will receive a Disney Gift Card value of $75 per room for each night of your stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. For your convenience, you do not need to contact us in advance; we have already arranged for your gift card to be available at the resort upon check-in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.
For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-1822 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET)Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.
If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.
Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Sheryl Koenes and her team at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be happy to assist you.
We look forward to hosting you as our Guest and wish you a truly magical stay!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation #:
Arrival Date: November 25, 2017

This is what I got after they sent the one about the Grand Californian.

The subject of the email is "Important Information about your upcoming visit to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!"

March 2017

Dear Oberlander Family,

Earlier today, you may have received an email from Disney Destinations, LLC in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and below you will find information regarding your upcoming stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World® Resort as your vacation destination! We recently announced that exciting changes will be made at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, beginning with a reimagining of the Resort that will add even more amenities to the centralized dining and shopping marketplace. While we recognize this will cause a degree of disruption to your stay, we are making every effort to ensure that your visit to Walt Disney World is magical.
Beginning in May 2017, the following venues will be unavailable due to refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Centertown, a dining location, will serve an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet for breakfast and dinner.
A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.
Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.
In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
Disney dining plans will be accepted.
We will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.
During your stay, you will be able to make a splash at Fuentes del Morro Pool – our feature swimming location – or at one of our leisure pools. Additionally, recreation activities and entertainment will be available.
Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.
As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will receive a Disney Gift Card value of $75 per room for each night of your stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. For your convenience, you do not need to contact us in advance; we have already arranged for your gift card to be available at the resort upon check-in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.
For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-1822 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET)Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.
If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.
Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Sheryl Koenes and her team at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be happy to assist you.
We look forward to hosting you as our Guest and wish you a truly magical stay!
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation #:
Arrival Date: November 25, 2017
Exactly the same as my email:-)

Also received confirmation from Disney that all bookings made before March 20th receive the gift cards. Very happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter