Castaway members cruising with 1st timers - how do we coordinate?

DreamBound23

Mouseketeer
Hello. This will be our family's 3rd cruise and my sister is joining us (in her own cabin with my nephew) for the 1st time.

How do we coordinate all of our reservations (Palo, excursions, etc.) and check-in? I'm worried that we won't get the same check-in time or that she won't be able to get the same reservation for Palo and excursions. Our rooms are linked.

Help!! :confused3

Hello. This will be our family's 3rd cruise and my sister is joining us (in her own cabin with my nephew) for the 1st time.

How do we coordinate all of our reservations (Palo, excursions, etc.) and check-in? I'm worried that we won't get the same check-in time or that she won't be able to get the same reservation for Palo and excursions. Our rooms are linked.

Help!! :confused3

You have done the first step linking reservations when you come to book online for Palo you will see thirds as well but they will be greyed out. When it gets to 75 days re check and book theirs if you can combine do, if cant hold yours till embarkation and go to the palo reservations desk.

Shore excursions should be less of a problem bar if say dolphins and a time slot fills up, then cancel and rebook

Linking accounts will allow you access to see their account when booking excursions, Palo, etc. The issue is you will be able to book excursions before it comes available to them. Their section will be greyed out when you try to book for everyone. Once their booking times are available, it will allow you to book for them.

On our last cruise we traveled with a family that were first time cruisers. What we had to do was wait till their booking times opened up so we can make sure we all get on the same excursions. We basically lost our early booking benefit by doing this but it worked out better to make sure we were all together

DCL asks that if your group has multiple PATs [which means you will get different boarding numbers] and you want to board together, to wait for the highest number to be called. It's definitely easier to have someone added to your Palo reservation after you board than getting a new reservation.

One alternative is to place one of your children who have sailed before and swap them for your nephew in the other room. This will give both staterooms the same castaway status and then everyone can be booked for things like Palo etc. at the same time

Also as stated on other threads, once on board you can switch and swap staterooms within your party without any iasues

The PAT should not be a big problem. Typically if people book at 75 days out they can still get the earlier PAT's.
When you window opens book the earliest PAT available. When you sister's opens at 75 days out have her log on that night at 12:01 am EST. If it's not the 1st PAT it should be shortly after. Once you get to the port you will be assigned a boarding #. If your sister gets a lower one you can just wait until hers is called. Once they start boarding it goes very fast so you should not have to wait long.

Swap the kids and both rooms will qualify for early booking and Castaway Gift Bags. I did this on our last cruise and it worked wonders.

What about the Castaway check in line at the terminal? Does it make sense to swap kids so both parties can use that line?

Swap the kids and both rooms will qualify for early booking and Castaway Gift Bags. I did this on our last cruise and it worked wonders.

With a swap, new cruisers in a room with one "gold" status mean everyone is now Gold. Question is, do the new cruisers also get gold lanyard and the shopping discount? I am assuming most people are after extra room gift and being able to book excursions or board together.

Wow, this is an old thread!

With a swap, new cruisers in a room with one "gold" status mean everyone is now Gold. Question is, do the new cruisers also get gold lanyard and the shopping discount? I am assuming most people are after extra room gift and being able to book excursions or board together.
The individuals do not change CC status. Lanyards are based on individual CC status. The stateroom status is determined by the highest CC level of any individual booked to that stateroom. So mixing and matching family members gives the stateroom the higher level. This can help put all staterooms on the same level for booking excursions, dining, etc. as well as the stateroom gift.

Lol, yes I didn't want to start a new thread but had questions.

So basically the only reason people go through this addition step/trouble is so they can book palo/remy/excursions/etc at the same window. And I think platinum for the 1 comp meal at Palo for all adults in stateroom?

I guess if I convince my sister to go along and she never cruised DCL. If she wanted my use my shop discount, then she would need me to swipe my room card. I'm interested in finding out.

Lol, yes I didn't want to start a new thread but had questions.

So basically the only reason people go through this addition step/trouble is so they can book palo/remy/excursions/etc at the same window. And I think platinum for the 1 comp meal at Palo for all adults in stateroom?

I guess if I convince my sister to go along and she never cruised DCL. If she wanted my use my shop discount, then she would need me to swipe my room card. I'm interested in finding out.
The complimentary Palo is for everyone in the stateroom. My sister is gold and we are platinum and sometimes she gets a separate bill and sometimes they comp hers as well.

If you book a Palo table at your booking window and she books a separate one at her booking window, you can combine them when you get on board. Or if she doesn't get one, when you get on board ask them to add her to your table. We have never had a problem getting my sister at our Palo table.

In addition to the platinum/gold shopping discounts, there are Disney Vacation Club and Disney Rewards VISA discounts if she has either of those.

The complimentary Palo is for everyone in the stateroom. My sister is gold and we are platinum and sometimes she gets a separate bill and sometimes they comp hers as well.
Oh, that's good to know. My MIL thought that only she and FIL would get it. We're booked for next May with 2 rooms for the Platinum benefits - MIL/me and then FIL/DH/DS. Although DS and I will be Gold for this cruise (yea!).

If she wanted my use my shop discount, then she would need me to swipe my room card. I'm interested in finding out.
Correct. The discount belongs to the individual and does not automatically extend to others in the stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter