Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

There's been a couple of mentions of pictures...Any chance someone could post it here?

I was just able to reserve a cabana on CC through shoreside concierge. She said something about a presale so I don't know if they are open to everyone or just to suites at this point. They were just opened up for our cruise and one other cruise.

Pricing is $499 as widely speculated. Includes food, snacks, water, snorkel equipment, floats, sand toys, bike rental, and private shower.

I was just able to reserve a cabana on CC through shoreside concierge. She said something about a presale so I don't know if they are open to everyone or just to suites at this point. They were just opened up for our cruise and one other cruise.

Pricing is $499 as widely speculated. Includes food, snacks, water, snorkel equipment, floats, sand toys, bike rental, and private shower.

Are you in a concierge cabin? I'm on that same cruise:yay::yay: and would seriously think about this!

Hi, I had been reading this forum to learn more about the private cabanas. I have a 10/31/10 cruise reserved in a concierge suite and I called the concierge service today with a few questions. To my delight, I was able to reserve a cabana. They are currently taking reservations for concierge only but if space is available, they will open it up to other guests once onboard. There is currently only one tier of service available, and they are calling this their 'soft opening' time so things could change over time.

The price is $499 and includes the host, fruit, snacks, water, soft drinks, sunscreen, fluffy towels, fresh water shower, beach toys, tube and float rental, snorkel gear and a 1hr bike rental. Good for up to 6 people.

I hope this information is helpful to some of you! I'm excited to know I have some guaranteed shade for our day at Castaway Cay with my family!

Thank you so much for the information. We are in the Roy O Disney suite on the October 23, 2010 eastern cruise and were able to book one too. They did also mention to me that this was a presale as well.

I just cld yesterday and was told no ressie until october (and we are in a concierge suite)!!

I just cld yesterday and was told no ressie until october (and we are in a concierge suite)!!

They just opened them today. I contacted them yesterday to ask about them and they said they had no information but suggested that I call back today. Today I was able to reserve one. It appears they are only taking reservations for a couple of cruises at this point.

Hi, I had been reading this forum to learn more about the private cabanas. I have a 10/31/10 cruise reserved in a concierge suite and I called the concierge service today with a few questions. To my delight, I was able to reserve a cabana. They are currently taking reservations for concierge only but if space is available, they will open it up to other guests once onboard. There is currently only one tier of service available, and they are calling this their 'soft opening' time so things could change over time.

The price is $499 and includes the host, fruit, snacks, water, soft drinks, sunscreen, fluffy towels, fresh water shower, beach toys, tube and float rental, snorkel gear and a 1hr bike rental. Good for up to 6 people.

I hope this information is helpful to some of you! I'm excited to know I have some guaranteed shade for our day at Castaway Cay with my family!

For $499 the list includes some things that cost extra anyway. The Castaway Getaway package includes the bike, floats and snorkel gear. That, along with water, toys and sunscreen, could easily cost a group of six people around $200. The other items pretty much look like things you can get for free - you just have to go get them yourself. So the extra $300 (or $50 per person) is for the convenience of having a host bring it all to you, and for having your reserved area for the day. Actually, what might sell it for me... is having that shower all to ourselves. I hate waiting in line for one.

Can you add more people for an additional cost?

Sent shoreside concierge a email for our Nov 10 cruise yesterday and got a response that at the time it is "soft opening" for 2 cruises in October:sad1: but she will let me know as soon as I can book.

We will have 9 people in our party next year. Is there a maximum amount of people it can hold?

According to a post yesterday the limit is 6 people.

My question is how will it be enforced and how do they monitor "visitors" from visiting family or friends who have one. Will they have CM's checking wrist bands or something?

MJ

Can you add more people for an additional cost?

We will have 9 people in our party next year. Is there a maximum amount of people it can hold?

This is just speculation on my part (although based on SOP on other cruise lines) but my guess is that you will be able to add extra people, although at an additional per person charge of course. But I'm sure they'll still have a maximum number a cabana can accomodate. It will be interesting to see what that # is. The cabanas don't look all that roomy to me, so if I had to guess, I'd go with 8. But as I said, this is pure speculation on my part.

I emailed and they replied that they couldn't book them yet. I will try calling tomorrow to see if I get a different answer. Our cruise is in November so maybe that makes the difference. They did reply that they are testing them out and should be able to get me one in a couple of weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter