Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

CookiesII is over by the Heads Up Bar and the Family cabanas we saw were out past Pelican Plunge and the small beach area there. I'm awful with estimating distances though.

I have some pictures I can upload when I get home if you want.

That would be great! Thank you!

wow, well I guess that's something we won't do. I just can't justify that cost - it's more than one-third of what I paid for the whole 4 night cruise!

Wow, $500 does seem kind of steep. I was hoping for something more in the $300 range.

^^^ Believe it or nor these cabanas will be fought over. There are always people who need to feel they've done 'the best.' Doing and getting 'the best,' even if it is a sacrifice on the wallet, will have many people gladly paying $500 for the use of these private cabanas at CC.

We are still interested, despite the speculated cost. With a 3 year old and 1 year old in tow, the price may be worth the perks of it. I will be anxiously awaiting some reviews and "real" pictures to help make a better choice. And, I gotta get a map out to figure exactly where these things are! I have only been on the family beach once in 6 cruises, so I can't really place where they are without the map....

You know, I hate it when I hear slams and sarcasm directed against folks who chose to pay the price for the cabanas, an ungraded stateroom, Atlantis excursion etc.. Really It is THEIR $$$$ to do with as they see fit.

As far as the expensive cabanas go, there are also people very allergic to the sun (I know one who always gets a cabana on HAL and will probably on DCL too). She swaddles herself up and puts on a huge hat and multiple layers of sunscreen and plops on the front of the cabana with the canvas overhang. She really doesn't need to be told that she is spending recklessly for this - I am sure she would really prefer to bake on the family beach with the rest of us, but medically she cannot.

Also the cabanas are a long ways from anything. They are even past Cookies II, so I don't know how attractive they will be with that long way. Even Pelican Plunge is quite a jaunt!!!

We are still interested, despite the speculated cost. With a 3 year old and 1 year old in tow, the price may be worth the perks of it. I will be anxiously awaiting some reviews and "real" pictures to help make a better choice. And, I gotta get a map out to figure exactly where these things are! I have only been on the family beach once in 6 cruises, so I can't really place where they are without the map....

I took a screen shot from the Disney promo video to try to point out where it looks like some of the new things are located.

The former teen beach is being taken over by the family beach expansion. Castaway Ray's Stringray Adventure was here, but it's been moved. I'm guessing next to Cookies Too is where some of the new shopping and new bar will also be located. I'm also guessing that the sandy area next to Spring a Leak water play area is going to be the new Teen "Hide Out."

CastawyCayExpansion.jpg

Also the cabanas are a long ways from anything. They are even past Cookies II, so I don't know how attractive they will be with that long way. Even Pelican Plunge is quite a jaunt!!!

They are expanding the tram service, as well. This comes from the official Disney Cruise Line webpage:

For greater convenience, additional tram paths will be created and a new Pelican Point Tram Stop will be located farther down Castaway Family Beach, near most of the new additions to the island.

Just talked to someone at Disney and they said that the price has not been set yet but she could tell me what the cabanas included which is pretty much what others said but she did say that you would be able to add on other features she didn't know what they would be but she said for example butler service and special meals. For what it's worth.....

Emily

$500 does seem steep but they only have 20 cabanas total. How many rooms are there on each ship? These are going to sell out every time & Disney is going to make lots of Money!

These are the pics I have from Castaway. It's kind of a progression since I don't have panorama- but I think you can get the idea.

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

And out at Serenity Bay

014-3.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

Sorry it took so long for me to get them up- the camera was trapped in the waterproof housing!

They seem pretty close together. For $500, I want some privacy and space between the cabanas.

The ones at the adult beach seem more spread out, though.

As a solo adult, who generally travels with other adults, I'd still rather swim at the family beach though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter