Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

I find it very interesting that in one of the posts here in the DCL forum has a picture of the new Castaway Cay map which includes the new Cabana's. I wonder if this means they will be available very soon?

I find it very interesting that in one of the posts here in the DCL forum has a picture of the new Castaway Cay map which includes the new Cabana's. I wonder if this means they will be available very soon?

I've seen that map for months! It had me thinking the same thing...any day now...:rolleyes1

Check back in September...they're saying 'fall' now.

DCL told me that they will start taking reservation in October. They will have a soft opening maybe late August - September but you have to check onboard. They could not give me the price.

I just checked the DCL webiste and there's nothing listed on there.
Have you called DCL to check with them?

As far as I know, nothing has been released yet. I have a request in with concierge for one on our 11 day cruise in Dec and I checked with them last week and they said DCL still has not released anything yet. The only thing I have heard is that the cabanas should be ready sometime in October and they are expecting DCL to release information any time now.

We sail at the end of October so I will check then if nothing is reported before that.

MJ

No info to add on price but we just saw these last week on Castaway cay and they are GORGEOUS. Not really a cabana (if you think of the ones at Typhoon Lagoon or even the fancy ones in Vegas)- these are more like little cabins with your own little porch, walkway leading up to it. Really, really special. Set back a bit and positioned on a gorgeous stretch of beach. Didn't get to see the inside but originally I heard the $400/500 and thought it was ridiculous. After seeing them, if I had a large group, I do think I may consider paying the price for them. They seemed worth it.

Does anyone know if they will private "facilities"? I heard that they will have an outdoor shower, just wondering about the "other facilities". That alone, would be worth part of the price...

I believe it is 1 arm and 2 legs. This can be split among the party.

Is there a limit of how many people can stay in the cabana? What about using one for Dis Farewell on your cruise or would that not be allowed? If you get a group together it wouldnt be that bad of a price

I'm wondering if any of the Cabanas will be accessible? All the pictures I've seen so far have a couple of steps in front of them.

I'd gladly pay the rumoured price ($500) if it meant guaranteed shade and place for my mom to rest but I can't if the only way to get in involves a couple of stairs.

I'm wondering if any of the Cabanas will be accessible? All the pictures I've seen so far have a couple of steps in front of them.

I'd gladly pay the rumoured price ($500) if it meant guaranteed shade and place for my mom to rest but I can't if the only way to get in involves a couple of stairs.

I am with you. I was looking forward to getting one, but I am concerned. All I have seen are pictures with steps and no hand rails. :scared1: DCL is usually very accommodating, but there are a couple of things that need better accessibility. I hope there is at least one on each beach we could use. But, I know that is asking a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter