Cast Member Gifts

Lindsey17

Mouseketeer
So I know this probably isn't the appropriate area to post this, but to be honest I'm not sure any place really makes sense.

We're heading to WDW for a short trip in May and I decided that if I have a good CM interaction that I wanted to give them a thank you gift. I wanted it to be practical since we know they don't make a lot plus the prolonged closure so was thinking a gift card. What I need help with is what gift cards? We don't have publix where I'm located so it would need to be a national chain. Was thinking Starbucks, but what if they don't drink coffee? Does any one have any other suggestions? TIA

So I know this probably isn't the appropriate area to post this, but to be honest I'm not sure any place really makes sense.

We're heading to WDW for a short trip in May and I decided that if I have a good CM interaction that I wanted to give them a thank you gift. I wanted it to be practical since we know they don't make a lot plus the prolonged closure so was thinking a gift card. What I need help with is what gift cards? We don't have publix where I'm located so it would need to be a national chain. Was thinking Starbucks, but what if they don't drink coffee? Does any one have any other suggestions? TIA

I would look into the programs they have a line about donating food or money to cast member pantries with the whole pandemic the way it is now I think people are limited and wary of gifts from strangers as sad as it sounds

I would look into the programs they have a line about donating food or money to cast member pantries with the whole pandemic the way it is now I think people are limited and wary of gifts from strangers as sad as it sounds

I've donated to the Cast Member pantry a few times now, but was looking for a gift card idea for the CM's I interact with there. I thought about the fact that an actual object wouldn't be a great idea, but maybe they wouldn't want to even take a gift card either.

You are so kind in thinking of CMs and I’m sure they are so grateful! Just FYI, when I was a CM for few years (and my GF is still a CM) we weren’t allowed to accept any gift of value in non tipped positions. I always appreciated such kind gestures, but had to kindly turn it down as it was against our policy.

But just as others have mentioned, donating to pantry or wish list would be a good idea! We also appreciate a feedback and shoutout at the guest service as well.

You are so kind in thinking of CMs and I’m sure they are so grateful! Just FYI, when I was a CM for few years (and my GF is still a CM) we weren’t allowed to accept any gift of value in non tipped positions. I always appreciated such kind gestures, but had to kindly turn it down as it was against our policy.

But just as others have mentioned, donating to pantry or wish list would be a good idea! We also appreciate a feedback and shoutout at the guest service as well.

Aww man. Well that stinks. I was watching a YouTube video where he said they can accept gifts if the amount isn't over $50, but what was given was an actual item and at a resort so maybe a CM who could accept tips. Guess I will just donate to the CM pantry again and just do the Cast Compliment like you suggest. Thanks for the feedback and I hope your GF is back to work!

Last edited:
Aww man. Well that stinks. I was watching a YouTube video where he said they can accept gifts if the amount isn't over $50, but what was given was an actual item and at a resort so maybe a CM who could accept tips. Guess I will just donate to the CM pantry again and just do the Cast Compliment like you suggest. Thanks for the feedback and I hope your GF is back to work!

Hope y
You are way too kind! She is back and couldn’t be happier being part of it again.

Although I was not allowed to accept monetary gifts, I always appreciated a thank you note, hand written card, home made gifts, and even sticker from our guests which made my day each time. So these are just few ideas but I definitely appreciated them!

CM can't accept gift cards or money but like others have said thank you notes or even wrapped candy are appreciated. The best thing to do is to stop by guest relations and leave a note with the cm name, hometown and work location and they will send it to their coordinator and display it in their break room board

Last edited:
Tried to tip a guy last year at CBR who delivered our ridiculously overpriced Magic basket (which was supposed to have been in the room on arrival.....but I digress) and the guy was almost afraid and kinda ran away as if he was being taped or punked or something, off putting.

Tried to tip a guy last year at CBR who delivered our ridiculously overpriced Magic basket (which was supposed to have been in the room on arrival.....but I digress) and the guy was almost afraid and kinda ran away as if he was being taped or punked or something, off putting.
Cm will be fired if they take a cash tip

What stinks is even if that CM doesn't normally work in that role what he did is normally something you would tip for. Maybe that was the first time someone tried to ever offer a tip and he didn't know how to react.

Hope y
not Disney but at the small park I work at as CM I could be fired for accepting a gift card from you and I am sure that is not what you would want. we also have a Cast Compliment program which has small gifts as rewards plus the mangers have to see it as they are the ones who make sure CM gets it

Attached is an item that I either framed or made into coasters for CMs at POFQ. Several of the CMs there remembered me from year to year and that made my visits extra special. The other picture I got from etsy and carried them to the parks along with life savers. I would hand that to any CMs that helped me.

Attachments

• magicmickey-5.png
    magicmickey-5.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 38
  • CYDETSYWDWCMThankYou.jpg
    CYDETSYWDWCMThankYou.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 45
Im an Ambassador at Sea World Orlando, my DD is a CM at DHS ands i have many friends that work at Disney and the best thing anyone can do is compliment on the spot.
A kind word like "i appreciate your hard work, you're making my time here a fun memorable one" things like that means alot. We all get yelled at on a daily, almost hourly basis. When someone comes with a positive comment it makes our day

Im an Ambassador at Sea World Orlando, my DD is a CM at DHS ands i have many friends that work at Disney and the best thing anyone can do is compliment on the spot.
A kind word like "i appreciate your hard work, you're making my time here a fun memorable one" things like that means alot. We all get yelled at on a daily, almost hourly basis. When someone comes with a positive comment it makes our day

I will be sure to let them know in the moment! For all those that are CM's or know CM's is it appropriate to ask to take a picture of their name tag? I'm pretty terrible with names and if I have several interactions that I want to be sure gets a Cast Compliment I want to be sure I get their names/location correct. I don't really see the compliments on twitter anymore and I do see it's still being done, but the social media team for Disney no longer responds it seems. Is the paper at Guest Services the way to go or will the CM still get/see the tweet?

I will be sure to let them know in the moment! For all those that are CM's or know CM's is it appropriate to ask to take a picture of their name tag? I'm pretty terrible with names and if I have several interactions that I want to be sure gets a Cast Compliment I want to be sure I get their names/location correct. I don't really see the compliments on twitter anymore and I do see it's still being done, but the social media team for Disney no longer responds it seems. Is the paper at Guest Services the way to go or will the CM still get/see the tweet?
Paper notes at GR is the best way to go. Yes you can take a pic of the nametags

You can't tip someone who delivers something to your room?

You can tip the people at bell services who hold your luggage for you, though, right?

You can't tip someone who delivers something to your room?

You can tip the people at bell services who hold your luggage for you, though, right?
You can tip those ‘tipped positions’ like bell service, waiters, bartenders, valet.

Other CMs, such as myself where I worked in attractions or my girlfriend who works in entertainment, are not allowed to take any gifts of value. But like others have said, we truly appreciate recognition at GSor a thank you note. It truly goes a lot further than you think and it makes our day.

cant say for Disney but the paper at Guest Services is the way to go at my park. granted I work at a small park but one of mine had no name but it got to me and all that was remember was the "old lady" at the stand. granted I am the oldest in the stand but I still got it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter