Cashier/bagger comments?

One of my 'bagger' stories happened at my regular grocery store.

The bagger was new, and he was young.

He filled my 2 paper bags then the last thing to come down the belt was my long loaf of French bread.

I was watching him as he picked it up, looking at it curiously, and made an attempt to put it in each bag. It wouldn't stay in either without it tipping out.

Finally he had that "light bulb" look and he proceeded to fold the loaf in half and then it fit in one of the bags.

I didn't say a word but had a huge smile on my face as I walked out.

This actually has a valid reason behind it, depending on the store and procedures they have. I would say (as a cashier) that about one out of every five customers I get finds out something is more expensive then they realized, and decide not to purchase it. Not a problem, unless I've already totaled the purchase out, in which I then have to delete the entire transaction (requiring a manager or supervisor to do it), and ring every item up again. These voids are all counted at the end of the night, and we could potentially get in trouble for them. I also worked at a McDonald's where if you added something to your order, even a cup of free ice, you had to get a manager to take it off, we didn't have that ability.

I'm betting that the cashier probably thought that you didn't know the price and wanted to make sure you were fully aware of it before you were ready to pay.

That's pretty funny you say that actually (and true). I bought some grapes once but didn't see the sign for how much they were, besides, they were grapes. :confused3 So she rings them up, says how much and I was shocked! Turns out they were really expensive for some reason, or at least way more then I would normally pay. I said nevermind. Was so glad she said something because I would have been pretty upset with myself otherwise.

One of my 'bagger' stories happened at my regular grocery store.

The bagger was new, and he was young.

He filled my 2 paper bags then the last thing to come down the belt was my long loaf of French bread.

I was watching him as he picked it up, looking at it curiously, and made an attempt to put it in each bag. It wouldn't stay in either without it tipping out.

Finally he had that "light bulb" look and he proceeded to fold the loaf in half and then it fit in one of the bags.

I didn't say a word but had a huge smile on my face as I walked out.

:faint:

My hubbs would have had to stage an intervention to save that poor checker...oh my! Kudos to you for just rolling with it.

I use the self check out line and do self bagging and it keeps everyone at my house (me especially) much happier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter