Cart Narcs ... I mean, I get it, but when did this become a thing?

Are those striped areas for handicapped parking access? If do, the carts left there would make it difficult for people with mobility issues to get out of their vehicles.
No it’s a walkway down the middle of the parking lot. It extends into a sidewalk which is usually where most carts get left too so they’re really not not blocking spots or easily able to ding cars. A lot of the stores over here having similar type parking lots.

Are those striped areas for handicapped parking access? If do, the carts left there would make it difficult for people with mobility issues to get out of their vehicles.
1 cart is in a handicapped parking spot, 1 cart is almost completely blocking the pathway to walk. The other carts just add to the obstacles of the pathway which are meant for people to walk in a protected way that also includes people with carts to the cars and those with mobility devices. At the very least I'd be moving that cart out of the parking spot and I would be itching personally speaking to move those carts into corrals or at the very least not inside the walkway.

In fairness the picture is probably a bit worse than what I see at times in my area but we don't personally consider that customarily normal as plenty of people don't do that; some certainly do and I've mentioned that in prior threads especially up halfway on curbs..it's not quite the appreciated behavior though in my area.

If anybody has the name and address of that store pictured on the previous page, please share it with me? That's ridiculous.
Shopping cart practices in Louisiana is one of the most important issues of our time. :rotfl2:
It is! Not the most important, but you didn't say that :)

Last edited:
When I was a kid, we would go shopping with my mom, and one of us would take the cart back to the store. We were taught that it was unacceptable to just leave it in the parking lot, and never felt put out to have to take it back. So, then someone got the bright idea to put areas in the parking lots so people wouldn't have to go all the way back to the store. What amazes me are all the justifications for not putting them where they're supposed to go.

However, a few years ago I was watching a Judge Judy, and a woman was being sued because she just left her cart and it rolled and damaged another car. Her defense was that everyone else was doing it, and it was "an act of God". Judge Judy was having none of that, the ruling was that if there was a place provided to put the cart, then it was her responsibility to put that cart in it so that it was secure and would not damage anyone's car.

So, just for kicks I started looking it up to see if you are indeed responsible. Turns out, you could be. The store is only liable if they are negligent and do not provide an area for the carts. If you ignore that and just leave it out in the open, it rolls into a car and damages it, and someone witnesses it, you could be on the hook for it. I think of that every time I'm putting my cart back where it can't do any damage.

It is more than just being inconsiderate.

No it’s a walkway down the middle of the parking lot. It extends into a sidewalk which is usually where most carts get left too so they’re really not not blocking spots or easily able to ding cars. A lot of the stores over here having similar type parking lots.
I’ve seen carts strewn around the parking lot like this in the Tampa area. Especially at Walmart (which I only visit on vacation, lol). It used to bug me for all the reasons stated in this thread. But now I just laugh at it, “Welcome to Florida!”. So I, who have been on the other side of this cart argument many times on the DIS, am here to support you.

Cart return is a regional behavior.

Leaving a cart in the walkway is considered rude here in Wisconsin but it’s not in New Orleans. Those people are not rude or inconsiderate, they’re just doing what they have always done. This reminds me of the use of “yes sir” and “yes ma’me”. In some regions it is considered polite to use those words when speaking to someone who is older or who you respect. Every single time. Here in Wisconsin where I live, We only use it while trying to get out of a speeding ticket! We are not rude or disrespectful, we are just doing what we’ve always done.

That all being said, the Cart Narcs videos did make me laugh.

Would you mind sharing the name and street address of that specific store? DM is fine. Its lack of action regarding those carts is absolutely ridiculous.

It is! Not the most important, but you didn't say that :)
What? How am I in this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter