CARS DISign request

bgvaldez

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has ever made CARS designs. I am specifically looking for my son's name (Ford) in the CARS logo. In other words instead of CARS on the logo, I would love for it to read Ford. His birthday is coming up and I am working on designing DIY decorations.

I have been killing myself for hours on Photoshop with no luck. :crazy2:

Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone has ever made CARS designs. I am specifically looking for my son's name (Ford) in the CARS logo. In other words instead of CARS on the logo, I would love for it to read Ford. His birthday is coming up and I am working on designing DIY decorations.

I have been killing myself for hours on Photoshop with no luck. :crazy2:

Thank you!

Is this something like you want? I will try later tonight to make the text in chrome and find another font to match Cars font as close as possible.

WallpaperPixarDisneyCarsLogoFord.jpg

Here is the best I can do with Photoshop Elements. If you have a better version of Photoshop, I can send you a web link to make the chrome for Cars Logo. Also, I am including the blank logo.

CarsLogoFord1.jpg

WallpaperPixarDisneyCarsLogo.jpg

I took what BreezyBus did and used the instructions on another site as a starting point. Here's what I ended up with.

CarsLogoFord.jpg

Thank you so much to the both of you.... I tried and tried and created one but couldn't get the chromed look to look right

I know the font is Magneto, but how did you know did you get the chrome look info... do you have the link that you can share? I used the help within PS, but it was really dark.

THANKS again!!!

Those are awesome. Yes, I would love to know how to get the chrome look. Please share!!!!

Go over to carsthetoys dot yuku dot com and do an advanced search in the Ramone's House of Body Art forum for "Photoshop Chrome". Choose the one about looking for help from a Photoshop expert. After clicking on the thread you'll have to scroll down a little. I started with those instructions then did the things below to it.

After putting Ford in it didn't look quite right so I started playing. I ended up making 2 layers for the type. Here's my final settings on the 2nd or lower layer.

Drop Shadow: Opacity 75%, Distance 5, Size 5, Color black
Inner shadow: Opacity 60%, Distance 5, Size 5, Color black
Outer Glow: Blend mode: Screen, Opacity 75%, Technique Precise, Size 1, Color light gray.
Inner Glow: Blend mode: Multiply, Opacity 100%, Technique softer, Size 5, Color white.
Bevel: Use the settings below. Note the custom bevel curve.
Adjustments1.jpg

Contour:
Adjustments2.jpg

Gradient Overlay:
Adjustments3.jpg

Stroke:
Adjustments4.jpg

For the top layer I first changed the softness in the bevel to 1 to get rid of some funky things going on. I then converted it to a smart object, then rasterized it, and changed the blend mode to overlay.

NOTE: there's probably something else I did to the top layer's effects but unfortunately I did not save it.:worried:

I have CS4. Several years ago Adobe made me an offer I could not refuse. $299 to upgrade from PSE 6. They seem to make it to register PSE users a couple of months before the release of the next version of PS-CS.

Thank you so much. I'm making other designs for my son's birthday and this will come in handy. I really, really, really appreciate your help Dom13 and BreezyBus.

:) :)

I fell in LOVE with the name fill in the Cars logo!!! My sons 3rd birthday is coming up and was wondering if you could do one with the name Gavin.

I am also looking for someone who can help me write the name of my son on the car logo.. You did a great job on ford's name. Please help me.. My son's name is John Marion.. he is turning 4. Can you also put the number 4 on the logo... like what it is used in cars 2 logo.

you kind attention is highly appreciated. :)

I've been searching the internet for clear instructions on how to chrome magneto bold font and stumbled upon this. I know this thread is old and unfortunately some of the links don't work. I was wondering if someone could refresh the instruction links or possibly make this logo with the name Will for me. I'd be forever grateful!!

Thanks!

I was trying to duplicate the chrome with no luck, I almost have it, but just not quite there. I was wondering if you could make me 2 different logos, one that says Clayton, Colton?

I am sorry but I'm WAY too busy @ work right now to take any requests. I tried to fix the link above but the board software keeps changing some of it to asteriks. If you do a google search for the carsthetoys dot yuku dot com forum and follow the instructions above it should get tyou to the correct post.

Hi :) please please can you help me BreezyBus, i have been trying to make the cars logo with my sons name in it but cant seem to get it right his party is in a few days please please help me , his name is Kai so i would like the logo to say Kai's 2 (2 at the bottom of the logo) the same like the cars2 logo.

your help will be highly appreciated!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!