Carribean Beach Resort

JRZYDAD

Earning My Ears
I am staying at CBR in October with a group of 16. There are 8 kids, the oldest will be 6 and the youngest will be 10 months. We were thinking of requesting the prefered rooms in Martinique or Trinidad North but we were told it will cost about $246 extra. It was suggested to us to request building 51(Aruba) or 45(Jamaica). Reason being that it is the first bus stop in and first bus stop out. Those buildings are also next to the walking path that brings you to the main pool and restaurants. Can anyone give me an idea of how long of a walk it is or should we upgrade the room. We have never stayed on this property. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am staying at CBR in October with a group of 16. There are 8 kids, the oldest will be 6 and the youngest will be 10 months. We were thinking of requesting the prefered rooms in Martinique or Trinidad North but we were told it will cost about $246 extra. It was suggested to us to request building 51(Aruba) or 45(Jamaica). Reason being that it is the first bus stop in and first bus stop out. Those buildings are also next to the walking path that brings you to the main pool and restaurants. Can anyone give me an idea of how long of a walk it is or should we upgrade the room. We have never stayed on this property. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If I ever stay at CBR again, I will be paying for a preferred room. The resort is very large and getting from your room to OPR can be 10+ minutes with little ones dragging behind....::yes::

If memory serves me correct, isn't that the resort without elevators? I seem to recall a friend of mine telling that after her trip there, she only had 1 child and said it was not great fun having to carry him up the steps at night (age 5?) when he had fallen asleep on the bus and she couldn't wake him up enough to walk up the steps. So that might be something to consider with the ages OP is taking on the trip. But I haven't stayed there so I can't really answer about the distance questions or what area to request. I know that although the resort looks great, it is far too big for me to ever think about due to mobility issues, so I have to just enjoy pictures when they are posted on trip reports :goodvibes

If the different families chip in together how much would be individually? or is it $246 per group? I've only stayed there in a preferred room- which we think is great! Love CBR!!!! We've walked over to Aruba and Jamaica just to see the walk and were glad we chose preferred. Not to far but not as close as preferred.

As PPs stated it is a huge resort!!!! We only stayed once and it's just not our favorite. We were first placed in the furthest room possible (changed to Martinique the next day). Both time we were placed on the 2nd floor and PP correct there are no elevators. I would at least pay for a preferred room.

We stayed at CBR in a December, and I think you should definitely spend the extra for preferred room. I would then request ground floor rooms, so you don't end up having to carry a bunch of tired little ones (and all their stuff!) up the stairs at night.

Well I might be the odd one out here but we go to CBR every year and I dont think Aruba or Jamaica is far at all from OPR at all, its just a short walk across the bridge. Now if you were in the pirate rooms that's a whole different matter, they are definitely ten mins away but no way are Aruba or Jamaica more than a slow leisurely 5 mins walk. We love walking across the bridge, the kids love looking at the fish and turtles also the bunnies and ducks along the way. No way would we waste money now on a preferred room. Just our opinion.:)

We have requested and gotten a Jamaica ground floor room every time that we have stayed at CBR and absolutely loved it. The walk to the main dining/shopping/pool area is, as a PP said, a leisurely 5 min. stroll across the bridge. And as mentioned, there is a bus stop close by. This was much preferable to our previous experiences at POR when we were in Parterre Place, or at CSR in the Ranchos section.

But if the upcharge for the preferred rooms is in your budget, and you need to have minimal walking to the main buildings, then by all means go for it.

We were in Jamaica 42 next to the quiet pool, and I think it was a 10 min walk over the bridge to food, pool etc. and just across the parking lot to the bus. Jamaica usually is the first stop.
The buildings are 2 floors, and as mentioned, no elevator. So if this is a concern, ask for ground floor room.
Jamaica 45 is directly in front of the bridge, so that would be the closest location but we didn't feel like it was too far from our building. You can look on Allears.net for pics and resort map. And the CBR thread here will have loads of info.
:welcome:

Well I might be the odd one out here but we go to CBR every year and I dont think Aruba or Jamaica is far at all from OPR at all, its just a short walk across the bridge. Now if you were in the pirate rooms that's a whole different matter, they are definitely ten mins away but no way are Aruba or Jamaica more than a slow leisurely 5 mins walk. We love walking across the bridge, the kids love looking at the fish and turtles also the bunnies and ducks along the way. No way would we waste money now on a preferred room. Just our opinion.:)

You are not the odd one out! We love CBR! We try to go every year too. We've stayed in Jamaica 45 twice, 46 and 42 and this year requested Jamaica again.

The resort is big but doesn't bother us, and only a 5-7 min. walk across the bridge to food court and pool looking at the BEAUTIFUL grounds! Just like previous posts have said, ask for ground floor so you don't have to use the stairs. The kids would love the zero entry pool and kiddie pool! Everyone has there favorite resort and CBR is ours!

We are staying at the CBR in September, we did upgrade to the preferred room but do that when ever we go to any of the resorts just because it makes it easier with small children. You can always request a building but nothing is guaranteed if you don't book it preferred. This is our first time at CBR but I don't want to take any chances. Good luck!!!

After 4 wonderful stays at CBR, there is absolutely no reason to pay for a preferred room. There are over 750 non preferred rooms that are a 5 minute walk to OPR and the main pool. We've made the walk from the furthest point of the Pirate Rooms for friends of ours and it was under 10 minutes. And the Pirate Rooms are the farthest out by a long shot. I've had farther walks when we've stayed at POR.

After 4 wonderful stays at CBR, there is absolutely no reason to pay for a preferred room. There are over 750 non preferred rooms that are a 5 minute walk to OPR and the main pool. We've made the walk from the furthest point of the Pirate Rooms for friends of ours and it was under 10 minutes. And the Pirate Rooms are the farthest out by a long shot. I've had farther walks when we've stayed at POR.

I think if you are someone like me who plans to get a lot of use out of a refillable mug then you still need to book a preferred room. We were not for our stay at CBR, and by the time I filled my mug and walked back to the room my drink was almost gone. I ended up buying a pop from the vending machine near the room a couple of times, as I didn't want to the time walking to the food court and back just to get a drink.

Also, while Disney does their best to honor room requests, there is no guarantee of getting the location you want. So while you can request a room close to the food court, there is no guarantee of getting it, unless you pay for a preferred room.

We stayed there in August 2012, Jamaica 45, 2 rooms, lower level, it was the absolute perfect location. We were near the quiet pool, bus stop, bridge to Port Royal. Loved it! We requested the location and got it.

is a King bed considered preferred room??:confused3

King rooms are a bookable category for additional cost, usually the same as a preferred room. They are spread all over the resort but I imagine you could request one near the food court and see what you get. There's no guarantee you'll get it, though. :)

ETA: There are no king pirate themed rooms.

My family and I have been to WDW quite a bit since my son turned 5. We've stayed at CBR every time. We love it! :cool1:

Personally, I wouldn't pay for the preferred room. There are several areas that you can stay at and be close to everything - and by "close" I mean a 5-7 minute walk. The resort is big but everything seems to be a 5 minute walk.

Jamaica is the first stop...MOST of the times. It's not a guarantee - it all depends how the bus driver enters the resort. If I were you, I would look at the CBR section on the Dis and look at a resort map [link below] http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Then put in a "request" to stay in a particular area. It's not guaranteed that you'll get it, but they do their best to oblige.... and by all means request a 1st floor room.

Good luck!!!

We always request Martinique or Trinidad north - there are preferred and standard rooms. We pay for standard _ I never had a problem with the walking. I thought POR was tough to walk! We love CBR

We booked our stay at CBR for November. Kids want to stay in Pirate room. was concerned about the walk but after reading it seems like is a nice leisurely stroll between 7 and 10 minutes. So I think were gonna go stick with that.

is a King bed considered preferred room??:confused3

No. King and Preferred are both separate bookable categories. Unfortunately, you can't book both. You should book the one that is more important, and request the other. For instance, book King and then request a building you want to be in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter