Carribean Beach Resort Solo in January

darlaya

Mouseketeer
Hi All. I am taking my first solo trip January 6 - 11th staying at CBR, 5 day one park pass and purchased the quick service meal plan:dogdance:

So first, I would love to hear about any solo experiences and tips staying at CBR. I love EPCOT and plan to go at least twice this trip around.

Do you have any quick service favorite places to eat in the parks, resorts and downtown Disney?

I am not sure if I will take advantage of the Fastpass system as I don't know if I want to plan out my stay. I have been to WDW several times with my husband and family so getting it all in is not my agenda. Hoping that single rider lines could be helpful.

I also am curious about weather for this time of year. I have read that this is a busy week and not a busy week o_O

Finally, I would love to know if you have ever used any of the spa services offered at WDW. I might add a massage during my stay, but don't want to be disappointed with my high Disney expactations.

Thank you in advance:tinker:
Denise

I would not rely too much on single rider as there is not many rides that have it (e.g.no single rider at MK).

I often make the FastPass choices the day of (or day before). I'm local, so I'm not picky on which ride I get on--I just like the shorter wait. I don't use a FastPass on rides that have single rider (e.g. test track). Plus, I check if any FastPass options open during the day.

January is generally dry and not too cold by most people's standards. There are exceptions--2017 WDW Marathon was freakishly cold in the morning.

I am not a fan of Planet Hollywood--the food is ehh and it can get loud. I have enjoyed most of the other restaurants--STK is quite good and I recommend sitting upstairs at Splitsville.

I like 50's Prime Time Diner at Hollywood Studios as a solo dining option--you have a choice of eating in the restaurant or at the bar.

I would not rely too much on single rider as there is not many rides that have it (e.g.no single rider at MK).

I often make the FastPass choices the day of (or day before). I'm local, so I'm not picky on which ride I get on--I just like the shorter wait. I don't use a FastPass on rides that have single rider (e.g. test track). Plus, I check if any FastPass options open during the day.

January is generally dry and not too cold by most people's standards. There are exceptions--2017 WDW Marathon was freakishly cold in the morning.

I am not a fan of Planet Hollywood--the food is ehh and it can get loud. I have enjoyed most of the other restaurants--STK is quite good and I recommend sitting upstairs at Splitsville.

I like 50's Prime Time Diner at Hollywood Studios as a solo dining option--you have a choice of eating in the restaurant or at the bar.

Thank you so much. I appreciate the advice :thanks:

I take 3 or 4 solo trips a year-kids are grown and DH is NOT a Disney person.

Single Rider is only available at:
Test Track
Expedition Everest
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (often not a huge time saver)

I always book FPs and usually end up changing them around quite a bit. I'm not really one to talk to strangers and find standing in line solo pretty uncomfortable. It doesn't hurt to book and will save you a lot of time, especially for attractions like Flight of Passage or a Slinky Dog Dash. It's easier to pick up last minute FPs for one than for a family. It's usually fairly easy to get a good seat for shows like Festival of the Lion King or Fantasmic as a solo. No need for a FP or super early arrival.

If you find you can't book an ADR for one, look for a party of two. As long as someone shows up the restaurant really doesn't care if it's fewer people than stated on the reservation.

I'm a fairly light eater and enjoy the venues that offer small plates like Spice Road and Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge.

My favorite QS are:
MK
Be Our Guest
Columbia Harbour House

Epcot
Tangierine Cafe

AK
Satu'li Canteen

DHS
Don't really have one

Disney Springs
Polite Pig
Wolfgang Puck Express

I've been many times in early January and the weather is wildly unpredictable. It's been warm and sunny some trips, cold and rainy others.

Hi All. I am taking my first solo trip January 6 - 11th staying at CBR, 5 day one park pass and purchased the quick service meal plan:dogdance:

So first, I would love to hear about any solo experiences and tips staying at CBR. I love EPCOT and plan to go at least twice this trip around.
I've never stayed solo at CBR. Was there in '16. It's beautiful and kind of spread out. Where we stayed is now gone (the new hotel is being built there) but even though it was a long walk to the food court the walk was really nice. My tip is to request a room close to a bus stop rather than close to the food court.

Do you have any quick service favorite places to eat in the parks, resorts and downtown Disney?
My fav quick service in the parks are Columbia House in MK, Flame Tree in AK and Yorkshire County Fish Shop (grab a plate of fish&chips and a beer and sit by the lagoon) in Epcot. I've never tried quick service in DHS.
My fav quick service in the resorts are Sassagoula Floatworks in POFQ and Capt. Cooks in the POLY.

I am not sure if I will take advantage of the Fastpass system as I don't know if I want to plan out my stay. I have been to WDW several times with my husband and family so getting it all in is not my agenda. Hoping that single rider lines could be helpful.
Fast Pass does tie you down to a specific park on a specific day. Probably a good idea to just get day of. What rides are you really looking forward to?

I also am curious about weather for this time of year. I have read that this is a busy week and not a busy week
I've never gone that early in Jan but have gone every Jan for the last three years (very end of this year, really Feb). The week you're going is usually busy. The weather is great - some think it's cold by that always depends on where you're from. Figure mid to upper 70's

I've never stayed solo at CBR. Was there in '16. It's beautiful and kind of spread out. Where we stayed is now gone (the new hotel is being built there) but even though it was a long walk to the food court the walk was really nice. My tip is to request a room close to a bus stop rather than close to the food court.

Great advice. I most want to feel safe being alone.

My fav quick service in the parks are Columbia House in MK, Flame Tree in AK and Yorkshire County Fish Shop (grab a plate of fish&chips and a beer and sit by the lagoon) in Epcot. I've never tried quick service in DHS.
My fav quick service in the resorts are Sassagoula Floatworks in POFQ and Capt. Cooks in the POLY.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Fast Pass does tie you down to a specific park on a specific day. Probably a good idea to just get day of. What rides are you really looking forward to?
I will definitely go this route as I really don't want to pre plan every step, but I also don't want to miss some attractions due to wait times. I will also try to take adbt of Extra magic hours.

I've never gone that early in Jan but have gone every Jan for the last three years (very end of this year, really Feb). The week you're going is usually busy. The weather is great - some think it's cold by that always depends on where you're from. Figure mid to upper 70's

I sure hope it's not too busy, but being solo I can always change my plans moment by moment with disappointing anyone. I am from New Hampshire so I might find it quite comfortable.

Thank you. I am most looking foratdf to checking out new attractions, going to shows and experiencing the parks in a total new way being solo

Another question...Going solo do you take advantage of Extra Magic Hours? I am starting to plan out which parks to visit...only doing one park per day with Epcot being my favorite so it will get a repeat visit

Right now, I am planning to go to the parks that offer the EMH during my stay so this is tentatively what my plan is:

Sunday, 1/6 arrive early afternoon - head to Epcot after lunch at CBR

Monday, 1/7 HS

Tuesday, 1/8 Epcot EMH 9pm-11pm. Probably head to park in afternoon and stay late

Wednesday, MK, EMH 8pm - 10pm, lunch reservation for 1pm at BOG

Thursday, AK, 8am EMH...but don't think I will get there that early

I plan to take my time each morning to enjoy the resort. I also plan to visit Disney Springs for a couple of meals. I have Wolgang Puck as a must do and eith D-Lux Burger or Polite Pig.

I am so excited:goofy:

I almost always take advantage of evening EMH at Magic Kingdom and all of the morning Extra Magic Hours but I'm an early riser by nature. I also have an AP and tend to park hop from the morning EMH park around lunchtime.

We really enjoyed Polite Pig and Satu'li Canteen when we went in August and I really like Pecos Bill's for nachos and Yorkshire County Fish Shop for their fish. The to-go window at Beaches and Cream is great if you like ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!