CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the FH rooms are under the galley and MDR so there has been noise reported. I think the decor is great but would never book one for the noise issues. I really want to try a Havana room and there is 1 inside left on my sailing but I have also read that there are noise issues from the Havana Bar at night with the band and loud music playing until 1 AM. I guess they are out too :( We are in a basic inside on Deck 7 this time. We did a balcony on Deck 8 last year and the balcony door slammers were the worst we have ever encountered. We just can't deal with it anymore and so will lose our precious outside space for the quiet.

I will never understand the design crew that puts the higher end suites and rooms under restaurants, pools, gym, etc. We got upgraded on our Princess cruise in 2015 from a verandah room to a mini-suite and thought that was fantastic -- until we discovered that we were under one of the restaurants. We were assured that they close at 10 p.m. and there should be no problems. What they realize is that they wheel carts through that restaurant all night to set up other areas -- all night! By the third day we couldn't stand it and called -- and they simply re-routed them to take a different path and after that is was very peaceful.

Now that My DCL cruise is done, I've started working on my Carnival Vista Cruise.

There are thousands of pictures on CC... Boy that ship look gorgeous! We are so excited!

I already booked Jiji, Cucina Del Capitano and the Steakhouse.

I booked a very basic inside room. Debating whether I should book a Family Harbour room or not. (It's not much more expensive) We have no kids, is this section more noisy? The rooms are so pretty!

Havana room sounds awesome but that would cost us more than 5000$ CND... Not gonna happen unless we win the lottery.
The insides are fine for 2 people, I wish there was a little more closet space though.

We are staying in some of the oversized square interior rooms in June. They are the same price as regular interiors but have a better layout. Also, the non-connecting cabins have a couch in them. They're the 10 cabins down the center
IMG_0876.jpg

Most of the FH rooms are under the galley and MDR so there has been noise reported. I think the decor is great but would never book one for the noise issues. I really want to try a Havana room and there is 1 inside left on my sailing but I have also read that there are noise issues from the Havana Bar at night with the band and loud music playing until 1 AM. I guess they are out too :( We are in a basic inside on Deck 7 this time. We did a balcony on Deck 8 last year and the balcony door slammers were the worst we have ever encountered. We just can't deal with it anymore and so will lose our precious outside space for the quiet.

The more I think about it, the more I want to keep my inside room. :P

The insides are fine for 2 people, I wish there was a little more closet space though.

We are staying in some of the oversized square interior rooms in June. They are the same price as regular interiors but have a better layout. Also, the non-connecting cabins have a couch in them. They're the 10 cabins down the center
View attachment 231262

We currently have 8205. It's right behind the Bridge...

My guess is we don't really need a couch because my husband always lies on the bed to watch tv anyway. Out of 4 cruises, I don't think we sat on a couch once. We used them for our luggage. LOL

Alright guys, I'm super excited. I upgraded after all... I just realized that there was Cloud 9 Spa Rooms that gives you full access to the spa amenities (jacuzzi, saunas, perfumed showers, warm chairs, etc.) ... I'm obsessed with spas so it was the obvious choice!

Alright guys, I'm super excited. I upgraded after all... I just realized that there was Cloud 9 Spa Rooms that gives you full access to the spa amenities (jacuzzi, saunas, perfumed showers, warm chairs, etc.) ... I'm obsessed with spas so it was the obvious choice!
Good call, if we didn't cruise with the kids I'd be all over those rooms. The spa was nice on Vista.

Most of the FH rooms are under the galley and MDR so there has been noise reported.
Wow! Glad to know this! I'm considering possibly canceling our Jan. 2018 south. caribbean cruise and I really liked these rooms. Will have to look at booking connecting 2 balcony rooms if we do.

Just another reason to try a Spirit class ship (like the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore); the Serenity area includes both a hot tub and a pool (adults only).
As long as you're Aft and not mid- ship you should be fine. At least that is my understanding from the research I've done. It's mostly the suites that I've read negative things about noise. Those rooms are expensive too. Anytime you book a room on Deck 2 (DCL included) you should be careful about location. The room reviews on this board are very helpful. I'm not sure if Cruise critic has room reviews like that.

I know the mid-ship rooms are popular and sometimes more expensive but I despise them. The halls are so noisy. I prefer staying closer to aft or forward. Less people and at this point most realize that there are only rooms around and are more quiet.

I know the mid-ship rooms are popular and sometimes more expensive but I despise them. The halls are so noisy. I prefer staying closer to aft or forward. Less people and at this point most realize that there are only rooms around and are more quiet.

We have come to prefer aft over any other section. It is much quieter, and often closer to the buffet. I tried forward only once, and that was the only time I ever got seasick.

We booked close to the aft stairs this time for this reason! Closer to breakfast :)

A valuable tip we learned -- if you are booking aft on the newer ships, it can be a very long and boring walk back to your room if you are boarding forward at a port and take the elevator to your floor. Instead, take the elevator to guest services and walk back to the aft elevators -- there is more to look at and nice views out the windows as you pass and it goes quicker ;)

I love deck 2 on the classics. Oceanview rooms from 2012- 2022 is my favorite area to be in. It's close to aft stairways. Under the promenade lounge so no noise. Also close to laundry room. Of course a balcony is always nice, but I usually prefer to save the money.

I love deck 2 on the classics. Oceanview rooms from 2012- 2022 is my favorite area to be in. It's close to aft stairways. Under the promenade lounge so no noise. Also close to laundry room. Of course a balcony is always nice, but I usually prefer to save the money.

For our first three cruises, DH and I always had balcony. Then , we realized that we spent about 20 min/day on it. We tried an inside room last week on the Disney Wonder. I was scared I would hate it...

Surprise!!! I was very confortable in it and found out that deck 4 and outside seating at Cabanas did the job. The price difference was enough to compensate for the booking of a cabana on Serenity Bay!

For our first three cruises, DH and I always had balcony. Then , we realized that we spent about 20 min/day on it. We tried an inside room last week on the Disney Wonder. I was scared I would hate it...

Surprise!!! I was very confortable in it and found out that deck 4 and outside seating at Cabanas did the job. The price difference was enough to compensate for the booking of a cabana on Serenity Bay!
I agree. I'm still going to splurge on a Havana Cabana some day. Maybe when the Vista moves to Galveston, and the prices come down.

I envy people that can make this work. I have to have window and light or I get seasick. I'd love to save the money though as the insides can be very reasonable. Although I noted on some cruises that on the new ships with the virtual porthole, some of the insides were more expensive than the oceanviews (depending on the itinerary) LOL

I envy people that can make this work. I have to have window and light or I get seasick. I'd love to save the money though as the insides can be very reasonable. Although I noted on some cruises that on the new ships with the virtual porthole, some of the insides were more expensive than the oceanviews (depending on the itinerary) LOL

I always bring sea sickness meds and Gravol Ginger. Last week we have been fine with just the Ginger. :D

I always bring sea sickness meds and Gravol Ginger. Last week we have been fine with just the Ginger. :D

For me it's also about having the light and windows, too. My office has no windows where I work and I crave those views on our cruise. It's our special treat since we don't drink or gamble (on other lines). Maybe the virtual porthole would work for me and trick me into thinking I'm getting natural light LOL

A serious discussion just happened. DH doesn't want to sail with DCL ever again. He just realized that the Spa Room was giving full access to the spa amenities to him as well (he thought it was just going to be for me! LOL)...

Also, he says he's sick of the Mouse. :confused3

I guess I get the green light to book any other cruise line, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter