Carnival’s new ship arrives in Port Canaveral

Hearing that horn definitely puts a smile on my face. The Fantasy was the last DCL ship I was on. It's crazy to think that it's been two years since I've been onboard. Does anyone know where the Fantasy was going or does it occasionally go out and do some circling for routine maintenance?

I really hope things start heating up soon. We're definitely getting closer.

I'm surprised that Carnival is going the fully vaccinated route - but it makes sense for the beginning cruises to avoid having to turn around and end the sailing. I sure wish DCL would be more clear on their intentions. Mardi Gras is a very nice looking ship. Carnival is stepping up their game.

They have been stepping up their game since the Vista class but that new class of ships (XL) looks absolutely fantastic.

I agree that she is too big. We will sail once on the Wish to experience it, but we much prefer the classics to the larger ships. I have to say that I am not loving the color blue they close. I prefer the darker blue hulls of DCL and HAL.

I agree that she is too big. We will sail once on the Wish to experience it, but we much prefer the classics to the larger ships. I have to say that I am not loving the color blue they close. I prefer the darker blue hulls of DCL and HAL.

If I may ask... What is the problem with a big ship?

To us, big ships usually feel less cramped, less crowded (more places to go to). With more things to do. On DCL, we have tried Dream and Wonder. Liked the Dream better.

For us, they do feel crowded with more people. I agree that some of the public spaces are larger, but there are still more people. CC feels more crowded and when using the tenders in GC there were longer waits to both get off the ship and get back on. Plus, as we tend to sail without kids, we much prefer the adult pool areas on the classics. Some of the more things to do, are not things that we do, and I have never felt like there was a lack of activities on the classics.

I do not care for all the bump-outs on many of the new ships and I do not like the ships that have lots of visible large slides. We have 17 cruises on DCL, all but 4 on the classics. Our other favorite line is HAL, were we have sailed 12 times mostly on Rotterdam and Signature class ships, which are about 2/3 the size of the classics.

I LOVE the Fantasy - she is my favorite DCL ship. Getting much over 3500 passengers seems like too many to me. We plan to try one of the new Celebrity ships in the next few years, so I'll have to check back in on how I REALLY feel (maybe it's just current perception).

For us, they do feel crowded with more people. I agree that some of the public spaces are larger, but there are still more people. CC feels more crowded and when using the tenders in GC there were longer waits to both get off the ship and get back on. Plus, as we tend to sail without kids, we much prefer the adult pool areas on the classics. Some of the more things to do, are not things that we do, and I have never felt like there was a lack of activities on the classics.

I do not care for all the bump-outs on many of the new ships and I do not like the ships that have lots of visible large slides. We have 17 cruises on DCL, all but 4 on the classics. Our other favorite line is HAL, were we have sailed 12 times mostly on Rotterdam and Signature class ships, which are about 2/3 the size of the classics.
You need to try the Oasis-class on Royal. The ship's design really disperses the crowds for being such a big ship. It feels less crowded than the DCL classics.

You need to try the Oasis-class on Royal. The ship's design really disperses the crowds for being such a big ship. It feels less crowded than the DCL classics.

Thanks for the suggestion, but those ships are not for us.

Thanks for the suggestion, but those ships are not for us.
Have you tried princess? They have a new ship over in Europe next year the enchanted princess that reminds me a lot of Disney ship. It was tempting, but I was a afraid it might not be a good fit for a teen even though they do have a looking space for teens.

Have you tried princess? They have a new ship over in Europe next year the enchanted princess that reminds me a lot of Disney ship. It was tempting, but I was a afraid it might not be a good fit for a teen even though they do have a looking space for teens.

We sailed Princess about 25 years ago to Alaska. Chose them on purpose because of the land/sea package that they offered that included Denali. It was a good trip, and we have considered them since, but I’ve chosen DCL or HAL instead.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter