Caribbean Beach... Thoughts on it?

sadi1104

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are going to Disney and we want to stay at the Caribbean Beach resort. We have seen pictures and read some reviews, but I figured I would ask and get some opinions from some great Disney fans!! Thanks to all who respond!!

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/020kmxcrqv8j9fqt.png

'11-PO-Riverside '11-All Star Sports '12- AOA '13-CB (hopefully)

We stayed at almost 6 years ago; I cannot believe that it has been that long. The grounds are beautiful and the pools are a lot of fun. The kids' meals come in sand buckets in the food court. The transportation to the parks is a little slow and the rooms are average nothing special. They do come with a mini fridge like all moderates. The rooms are about the size of a chain motel and the theming in the room is nothing spectacular. Again the actual resort is very nice though and the slide is a lot of fun. It includes a play area and two hot tubs as well. The hammocks in the shade on the beach are wonderful and the sunrises beautiful.

We've stayed there the past two years and have loved everything about it besides the bus transportation. The pools are amazing! Our kids loved it.

It's been quite a long time since we've stayed there (2002), but we loved CBR. The grounds were beautiful, the pool was great, the food court had a good variety, and the bus transportation was great. It's a very nice resort, IMO, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

well I am a die hard fan of the CBR...you should pop over to the CBR thread on here and see the wonderful pictures...we go every year and just love it, its our happy place.

We just returned from a week long trip while staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. This is our third trip to Caribbean Beach and this is our favorite Moderate resort. We have stayed at all of the moderates except for POR, but we absolutely LOVE Caribbean BEach. Eveything, and I mean EVERYTHING was GREAT at this resor. We had SUCH a nice time. Please give ita try...you won't be dissapointed!

We tried CBR for the first time for our October 2012 trip because they offered free dining for the pirate rooms. We loved it! Our kids didn't know that we were going to be in a pirate room or at CBR so it was a nice surprise when the person checking us in handed them a pirate sword and eye patch. They loved the rooms.

Watch the video of them in the pirate room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m-JQ5vnDlU

The bus situation didn't seem bad at all to us. Check in was a little more difficult than we are used to because of the size of the resort & we had to wait for a van from the Bell desk to take us along, with all of our luggage, to our room. It was a bit of a walk to Old Port Royal to get food or anything else, but overall we had a great time and would stay there again. The rooms were pleasantly larger than the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. Overall CBR is a beautiful resort & we really enjoyed our week there.

CBR is our favorite Moderate. The beautiful landscaping, relaxed atmosphere and tropical theming are all fantastic. For us it is such a great change of pace from the craziness of the parks. It feels like we have 2 vacations in one. Even when the resort is at capacity, it never feels like it.

Our son absolutely loves the main pool and we have a hard time getting him out of it to enjoy the parks. In all our stays the staff has always been over the top helpful and friendly.

It truly feels like home to us!:thumbsup2

We love CBR! We wouldn't stay at any other moderate! CBR has beautiful grounds, great pool, and good food court. Have a wonderful vacation!

Beautiful but way too large. The food court is not that great either. I've stayed at all 4 moderates, and CBR is my least favorite. I would stay there again, so it isn't horrible, however I would make sure I had a preferred room.

Keep in mind too that CBR is the only moderate that still has double beds. The other resorts have upgraded to queen sized beds.

My husband and I stayed here for a couples trip. The resort is pretty, the pool was nice but I kept saying I think my kids would like this pool more than us. The food court was nice, our room was standard. I hate having multiple bus stops at resorts and depending where your room is MOST have a pretty decent/long walk to very long walk to lobby.

It wasn't our favorite due to size (but that's because we had two small children with us, I think it could be ok with just adults). We also did not like the multiple internal bus stops. We didn't like the food court.

But, it has alot of good things too. It's really pretty. It has a cool pool.
From our room in Barbados, we could see the higher fireworks from IllumiNations! :goodvibes We had great customer service from the manager regarding some issues we had during that stay.

I think that once there is a refurb and they get queen beds, we could try it again...and we would definitely get a preferred room! :goodvibes

Its not my favorite - by a lot. I would go All Star again before CBR honestly. But lots of people love it. I found it WAY too big with a lousy food court that was always packed. The food court cannot handle capacity resort crowds. And, our room was in Georgia I think - in FL summer, I didn't appreciate the walk to get food or drinks, it was just too hot to even think about the theming.

We've stayed there twice and I really enjoy it. It's quiet and the grounds are so peaceful. I love just walking through the resort in the evenings. We're trying to decide where to stay on our next trip-- the queen beds are definitely appealing, but it's hard to do something "new" when we have been happy at CBR!

we stayed there in Oct 2011. It was the only moderate with military discount availability so we went with it. We really enjoyed our stay, however I think our room location had a lot to do with it. We were in Aruba 51 (?) just over the bridge, so the walk to the pool and food court wasn't bad. we also used that bus stop as it seemed closer than the aruba one. Had we been in a farther location I would not have been happy. I would definitely pay for a preferred here. Also, we really enjoyed the pool but we had 2 little kids who loved it. (separate awesome kids pool). For just adults I don't think it's any better than say, CSR (we have stayed there also). As far as the food court, I thought it seemed pretty standard. The only food court we have not liked is the Pepper Market at CSR. (but others love it,it's all about personal taste). The transportation was ok. It was better than the POLY we thought. Sometimes we waited for 15-20 min, other times bus came right away. It is a beautiful resort, and if you don't mind walking (or paying a little more), then I'd say go for it!

Oh yeah. The double beds were kinda bad for us. My dh is a large guy-over 6'2" and a large build so a double bed is squishy for us.

DH and I stayed at CBR several years ago in the Jamaica section. It is a beautiful resort and we really liked it. Our building was fairly close to a bus stop which was nice and it was a short walk to the food court area. If you use Disney buses, it can be somewhat of a pain because I think there are 6 stops. So, its time consuming. We would stay there again, but only if we rented a car. I think that would make it so much easier to get around this resort.

I've seen several people mention the double beds. DH and I got a king size bed when we were there. So, if its just two of you, you can try to get a king room.

We love CBR!!! We always have stayed in preferred. The resort is beautiful! If you like the carribbean then you will like this resort. They have soft carribbean music piped in around resort and fod court. The food court has never been packed when we were there and never had a problem with the buses. Pool is great and we find it a relaxing resort.

We love CBR!!! We always have stayed in preferred. The resort is beautiful! If you like the carribbean then you will like this resort. They have soft carribbean music piped in around resort and fod court. The food court has never been packed when we were there and never had a problem with the buses. Pool is great and we find it a relaxing resort.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their in site on the CBR!!! I really appreciated reading all of y'all's opinion! I think we are going to give it a whirl and try it out. We really want to stay in the pirate rooms for some reason! So we shall see! When we go I will definitely let y'all know how it was!! Thank you once again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter