Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from CBR (8/26 -9/1). I think we have a new favorite resort:thumbsup2 CBR was beautiful. More importantly though the CM's were fantastic! We never encountered a grumpy face, even when the crowds were heavy and a little grumpy themselves.
We checked in at prime time -3pm on the first day of free dining. We drove and as we walked up to Custom House 2 Magical Express transports were pulling away:eek: The line was out to the door. I thought we would be there forever. The cheery CM at the door said "don't worry it won't be bad" Yeah I thought. Every check in window was open, the CM's brought drinks and welcome packets to the people waiting. We were at a check in window in 10 minutes. Unbelievable!! We booked a standard room and were upgraded to Martinique 26:goodvibes Total time from arrival to reaching our room 25 minutes. Our room 2437 was perfect. It was clean, we had two towel animals to welcome us and best of all it was directly across from the bus stop but with a garden view. Only a two minute walk. Only a minute to the private pool, just down the steps. It was the best! Any questions?

We just got back early this morning from a great vacation at CBR starting 8/26. It was just as beautiful as I remembered it 15 years ago when we went on our honeymoon. Somehow it seems bigger now or we're getting older so now I'll have to kind of agree with the people that say it's too spread out. I got lost trying to find the bus stop from other villages and also when I was trying to find the Custom House to fix a problem and I didn't want to wait for the internal bus. I think they just need better signs.

Check-in was very easy. There was a short line, but it moved fast. They had cookies and drinks for the kids, which was nice. I think we got an upgrade because we booked a standard room and got a room in Trinidad North, 2nd floor in building 33, right near the bus stop (room 3343). The view wasn't great, but we had some pretty purple flowers right outside the window and it was close to Old Port Royale.

Another Disser was in North Trinidad as well. I saw PamMouseLover's (hope I got that right) sign in the window. Hi! :wave: If I had a pen I would have left you a note saying hi.

The room was very clean. No mold in the showers, no bugs, no dirt that I could see. The beds were very comfy and I went right off to sleep as soon as I got into it. I never heard another peep from any of the rooms around me or from outside. The air conditioner was a little noisy, but I think it acted like a white noise machine and helped me sleep because I don't even sleep that well at home! We had the cute little coffee maker in the room. I didn't get coffee the 2nd day so I put the used wrappers where the mousekeepers could see them and got coffee every day after that. We got little towel animals when we arrived and on our last day.

The buses were very good for the most part, except for one morning when there were 2 buses for every park except the one that we wanted to go to. The other mornings they seemed to come right away, as did the internal bus.

We only had breakfast at the food court a couple of times and it was ok. The chocolate chip pancakes were good, but the combination platter was just ok. The scrambled eggs were too runny for me. Correction, I was going to grab a quick lunch there before we got on the ME bus to go home, but they took so loooong to make the chicken strips meal that I just left. and got a couple of cookies and drinks in the grab and go part. It wasn't busy, they were just moseying around in the back and I couldn't wait. I wish the food court was open a little later than 11 p.m. because a few times we got back from the parks later than that and wanted to refill our mugs and they were closed.

I went in the main pool once and it was nice and not too crowded. My kids enjoyed it and my DH liked the hot tub. They also went to the quiet pool with my DH while I wasted time straightening out a problem with my DDP. Someone used one of my TS credits and the CMs had no idea why. They said it never happened before and to resolve it took forever because the computer wouldn't take my last name, probably because it has an apostrophe. It must have taken them an hour of typing it all different ways. By that time I felt like hopping over the desk to try to type it myself! I think they finally got it to go through by putting 3 spaces between the letters. Because of this, DH said he would never buy the DDP and I think I agree with him, especially with all the changes.

Check-out was a pain only because we couldn't use ME going home because JetBlue also seemed to be having a problem with our name (again!). They could see our reservation but couldn't print out the boarding passes, so we had to haul our luggage off the ME bus to the airport ourselves, which was hard to do with a whiny child in a stroller. My DD lost her YOMD Minnie Mouse doll at the Custom House because of all the confusion and waiting around to get our luggage back.

I would definitely stay at CBR again, especially now that my memory is refreshed at where everything is so I won't get so lost. It's really peaceful and beautiful.

Awesome news...we are leaving in 25 days, so glad to hear this positive endorsement, especially coming from not only a WDW Resort veteran, but one who also stayed at the Deluxes!

We almost booked Deluxe but I thought CBR just overall appealed to me more. Glad to see I am not alone!

Thanks for the report!

Just back from CBR (8/26 -9/1). I think we have a new favorite resort:thumbsup2 CBR was beautiful. More importantly though the CM's were fantastic! We never encountered a grumpy face, even when the crowds were heavy and a little grumpy themselves.
We checked in at prime time -3pm on the first day of free dining. We drove and as we walked up to Custom House 2 Magical Express transports were pulling away:eek: The line was out to the door. I thought we would be there forever. The cheery CM at the door said "don't worry it won't be bad" Yeah I thought. Every check in window was open, the CM's brought drinks and welcome packets to the people waiting. We were at a check in window in 10 minutes. Unbelievable!! We booked a standard room and were upgraded to Martinique 26:goodvibes Total time from arrival to reaching our room 25 minutes. Our room 2437 was perfect. It was clean, we had two towel animals to welcome us and best of all it was directly across from the bus stop but with a garden view. Only a two minute walk. Only a minute to the private pool, just down the steps. It was the best! Any questions?

Awesome news...we are leaving in 25 days, so glad to hear this positive endorsement, especially coming from not only a WDW Resort veteran, but one who also stayed at the Deluxes!

Cdotla - I was a bit of a resort snob, our one stay at a value was not satisfying. I wondered what I would be missing by going to a moderate. I found out NOTHING! In fact we had a more magical experience here than at any deluxe we have stayed at. The genuine warmth of the CM's and the attention to detail they exhibited far surpassed any deluxe stay we have had since I was a cast member visiting BC in 1991. One evening we were strolling towards the beach and I stopped to take a picture of Jamaica across the way. A CM in a golf cart stopped and offered to take a picture of the two of us because we "looked like a couple in love". He snapped a few photos and was on his way. Very different from GF where the golf carts expect you to yield the right of way and don't ever slow down for families walking around. Bus service was far better than AK or BW and the central location of CBR made for very short bus trips. We didn't ask for preferred location but received a room there. Since we didn't have children with us it wasn't important to be near Old Port Royale, but Martinique was truly central to everything. With as hot as it was last week I think if we had wanted to use the pool and food courts at PR we would have been even happier to have the preferred location. It was really too hot to enjoy the beautiful grounds. We did however watch the EPCOT fireworks from a hammock on Martinique beach:hug: The only thing we missed a little was a balcony to sit at night for a few minutes before bed. But since it was so hot it wasn't really a big deal.
Have a great trip. Hope you love CBR as much as we did:goodvibes

I am loving all these good reviews! We will be there in 2 weeks, and I am excited :cool1: I have stayed at POR & CSR and loved them both. I hope that I love CBR just as much :goodvibes

Again - more great news. Thanks for adding some pre-trip excitement. (As if I wasn't excited enough already with only 24 days to go!):cool1:

Cdotla - I was a bit of a resort snob, our one stay at a value was not satisfying. I wondered what I would be missing by going to a moderate. I found out NOTHING! In fact we had a more magical experience here than at any deluxe we have stayed at. The genuine warmth of the CM's and the attention to detail they exhibited far surpassed any deluxe stay we have had since I was a cast member visiting BC in 1991. One evening we were strolling towards the beach and I stopped to take a picture of Jamaica across the way. A CM in a golf cart stopped and offered to take a picture of the two of us because we "looked like a couple in love". He snapped a few photos and was on his way. Very different from GF where the golf carts expect you to yield the right of way and don't ever slow down for families walking around. Bus service was far better than AK or BW and the central location of CBR made for very short bus trips. We didn't ask for preferred location but received a room there. Since we didn't have children with us it wasn't important to be near Old Port Royale, but Martinique was truly central to everything. With as hot as it was last week I think if we had wanted to use the pool and food courts at PR we would have been even happier to have the preferred location. It was really too hot to enjoy the beautiful grounds. We did however watch the EPCOT fireworks from a hammock on Martinique beach:hug: The only thing we missed a little was a balcony to sit at night for a few minutes before bed. But since it was so hot it wasn't really a big deal.
Have a great trip. Hope you love CBR as much as we did:goodvibes

Rusty'smom-Mary,

Do you remember what kind of coffee pot that was? I really like to have my coffee while I am getting ready in the morning and yours is the second post I've seen that housekeeping didn't replace the coffee.

I am going to bring a little extra just to be on the safe side.:)

Thanks!!

Rusty'smom-Mary,

Do you remember what kind of coffee pot that was? I really like to have my coffee while I am getting ready in the morning and yours is the second post I've seen that housekeeping didn't replace the coffee.

Thanks!!

It's a 4-cup Mr. Coffee coffemaker. There are two packets of coffee and two spoon packets in the room at check-in. I don't drink coffee, but used the pot to heat water for flavored (international Foods) coffee powder and oatmeal that I'd brought along.

Rusty'smom-Mary,

Thanks!!

No matter where we travel to, I always bring along my own coffee.:snooty:

I've even brought my own coffee pot before to All Stars Music! :coffee: :coffee:
Trust me, four cups ain't enough to start my or my husband's engines every morning!
We're not doing that this year, but we're bringing along some special kona coffee so even if its just one good sized cup for each of us ion the morning, it should have enough of a kick to get us moving!:hyper: :hyper:

I just thought I'd let you know that you can use regular coffee filters if you twist the end and wrap a twisty tie around it; making you own coffee pouch as it were. Just make sure the end is wrapped tightly.
Usually, one well rounded scoop of coffee is enough to make the four cups, at least that's what we like to use.
I hope this helps some of my fellow coffee lovers out there! :hug:

See ya real soon! pixiedust:

I brought my own coffee too, just in case. I used a regular filter that I also brought, ripped around the edges to make it smaller and it worked. I used 2 scoops because I need that caffeine jolt. I filtered the water in my Brita bottle before pouring it the coffee maker.

After they started replacing the coffee, I just used theirs instead. I brought extra half & half from the food court and kept it in the fridge rather than use the powdered creamer. It came in very handy on those days when we were to tired to walk to the food court but I wanted a hot drink.

It was a weird little coffe pot and the first cup I made I must have put the basket back on wrong because I got a cup of hot water. But I finally got the hang of it and the coffee wasn't bad.

Thanks Everyone!

I actually have a 4 cup Mr.Coffee so I have the small filters. I bought it to take with me when I stayed at POP a few months ago. So, I'm bringing some Giradelli coffee and my coffeemate and I'm all set. Water is comming from Gardengrocer, but the Brita water is a good idea.

Even when I have stayed concierge I don't get myself down to the lounge to get the coffee till we are heading out to the parks.

Thanks to my fellow coffee lovers!!:thumbsup2

I am going to be staying at CBR in 2 weeks and am getting a standard room. I'm not sure if I should call to request a certain "island" or just to be happy with what I get. How many minutes does it take to get from the farthest point to OPR? If it's only 5-8 mins or so I'm not too bothered but if it's more than that... Everyone just makes it sound SO huge! If I should request an area what will be my best bet for a standard? Is there a certain # to call? TIA!!!

10 mins would be the furthest away unless you were in Trinidad South. If you have any requests you should call reservations and have them add them to your reservation. No need to fax or call the resort.

Many folks like Jamaica or Aruba. It is a short walk over the bridge to the food court and main pool.

The Good:
You could see the Epcot Fireworks from the resort
We were assigned a room in Martinique with no prior requests made- close to Old Port Royale
The resort was very comvenient to Downtown Disney, MGM, Epcot and water parks
Never had a problem with the bus system

The Bad:
Both Full Size beds had a full size flat sheet as the bottom sheet which did not cover the last foot of the bed. My husband stated the beds were "short Sheeted" We called housekeeping and beds were then made with king size sheet on the botom. We felt this was gross :mad:
There was mold on the cloth portion of the shower curtain and comfortor
The dressing room curtain was soiled
There was trash along the walkways that remained there the entire 8 days we were there.
Dirty towels were not removed unless left in a heap by the door.

All in all we would not stay there again.

Here's the sitch; my husband wanted to clear up the credit card before we made our car rental ressies, but now the cost is over 250 for an economy car. (More than what I'm willing to pay.):headache:
So, it's probable that we'll be using ME, as well as the bus service WDW provides to and from the parks.
What I'm wondering is does the bus that picks us up at the park takes us to our village's bus stop, or do all CBR guests have to get out at the main building?
I've already requested Trinadad South because I liked the idea of being way out of the way but that was when I thought we'd have a car of our own! :worried:

The Bad:
Both Full Size beds had a full size flat sheet as the bottom sheet which did not cover the last foot of the bed. My husband stated the beds were "short Sheeted" We called housekeeping and beds were then made with king size sheet on the botom. We felt this was gross :mad:

A lot (maybe even most) of hotels only use flat sheets. I don't quite get why it was gross that they used a king sized sheet for you :confused3

There was mold on the cloth portion of the shower curtain and comfortor
The dressing room curtain was soiled
There was trash along the walkways that remained there the entire 8 days we were there.

This would definitely bother me. I would call about these things (whether I was at Disney or not). I don't pay good money to deal with dirt.

Dirty towels were not removed unless left in a heap by the door.

I do believe that Disney has a water saving policy where they don't change the towels every day unless you request that you want them to. It's bee n a few years, but I seem to remember this being the case.

Hi everyone,
We just return from CBR 8/26-9/2
BOY WAS IT HOT!
We loved CBR. :love:
Seven nights, eights days was still not enough time!We arrived at CBR on 8/26 to a very long line at 8:40. But we were in and out within 10 mins.
It was also a training day at CBR for new CM's.
Are room was ready. We were given Trinada room 3105.
I am a bit upset that I paid for a prefered location. I had to check my notes to see if it was a prefered location when we arrived. I heard others were upgraded for free.:sad2: I dont think that is fair. If you are paying for a prefered location they should make sure you are given the best location first.
Other then that we really had a great time. CBR was clean. Our room was clean except for a candy bar wrapper sitting on top of the clothes hanger area. I will be doing a trip report later this week,with more details about CBR and pictures. I will make sure to post the link here.
There is :laundy: to be done today, and I go back to work Monday!:scared:

YES THAT WAS MY WINDOW.
Another Disser was in North Trinidad as well. I saw PamMouseLover's (hope I got that right) sign in the window. Hi! If I had a pen I would have left you a note saying hi.

The thing we thougt was gross regarding the sheets at CBR was not the fact that the hotel uses flat sheets but that the sheets did not cover the entire matress. There was a foot at the end of the bed with no sheet just matress pad. It was late when we realized that the sheet was not long enough. You have to wonder how recently the matress pad was washed and how many feet have then rubbed on it. I called the next day and that is when the bed was remade with king sheets. Housekeeping knew right away what I was talking about, so apparently this is their procedure.

I did not call a manager. I should have but I did not want to deal with it.

We were in Martinique 2230.

I think you need to contact them about the issues in the room. If you don't let them know they can't correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter