Cape Cod - review

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This buffet service restaurant is located in the Newport Bay Club. This is a nice restaurant for those who enjoy seafood and pasta buffets. Open for lunch and dinner.
Having changed to buffet service hopefully you’ll find something for even the fussy eaters :) .

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

Hi there!:)

We ate there in November 2006. Food quality was good, but the supposed to be hot food was at the most luke-warm. I think I forgot a few things of the Buffet, but not many... The choice could have been bigger for the main courses, especially the vegetables. If you don't eat fish or meat, you may have a problem with the choice..

STARTERS
fish: smoked salmon; shrimps
salads: green salads, several mixed salads, one with noodles; several dressings, sauces and dips (f.e. a cocktail-sauce; Guacamole)
bread
a vegetable soup

MAIN COURSES
veal goulash
noodles with cheese and pine nuts
breaded chickenfingers
tuna with sauce
vegetables: broccoli, carrots
potatoes
pizza
A joint with sauce
rice

DESSERTS
Mousse au chocolat
Vanilla sauce
A pear-chocolate tarte
fruit salad
Hot crepes with orange-sauce
A cream-thing (couldn't remember what it was)

I loved the rice, chicken and the veal goulash.The Mousse and The crepes were very yummy!!!
The waiter was very attentive. Good service!

Price: 26 Euro for one person without beverages. A little bit high for me - but well, others might think it's reasonable.

So that's what I remember, I hope it helps! :goodvibes

After a very long travel day from Los Angeles, we were pleased with the convenience and variety of the buffet.

Woody

P1020404.jpg

P1020407.jpg

P1020406.jpg

P1020408.jpg

P1020409.jpg

Great pictures! I liked the buffet when we were there in October 2006. But I liked the restaurant more when it was a la carte! :rolleyes:

I only ate breakfast at the Cape Cod buffet during my stay in mid-June. It was adequate for a quick bite before heading off for fun in the park. But I would have liked a little more substantial choice. I'm a sucker for southern biscuits and gravey, but I guess that's an American thing.

If you're doing the breakfast thing, I highly recommend getting there before 7:45. It gets really crowded soon after that.

Hi there!:)

We ate there in November 2006. Food quality was good, but the supposed to be hot food was at the most luke-warm. I think I forgot a few things of the Buffet, but not many... The choice could have been bigger for the main courses, especially the vegetables. If you don't eat fish or meat, you may have a problem with the choice

And that was exactly my experience! I asked the hostess and she assured me that there was a lot of choice for vegetarians, but I ended up with bread and salad. It took a lot of requests to even have them prepare a hot vegetable and that was not very good either.

Definitely this one was a waste of money for vegetarians, at least during lunch service.

Thank for the pictures Sandra - that may just have made a decision for us of where to eat on one of our nights in DLRP - I love fish/seafood :D

i loved it here - very impressed and we could use our half board plus vouchers, the food was lovely,there was loads of choice of all kinds of food when we were there& i found all the buffets were very good value for money.we had a table near the windows -it was nice to eat and look at over the lake and watch the world go by.

We ate here last Saturday night & really enjoyed it!:thumbsup2
A great variety of food at the Buffet, good wine & excellent service all round.
No pics, sorry, but for the 2 of us inc. a bottle red wine the total was 71 Euros.
Well worth it in our opinion!
This a a booking only restaurant so we booked at City hall on the Saturday morning for a 7.45pm dinner reservation.

Lovely Dinner!!

Afraid I didn't take any photos but this is what I can remember was on the menu

STARTERS

Smoked Salmon
Cured Meats
Hard Boiled Eggs
salads: green salads, several mixed salads, one with rice and several dressings, sauces and dips (i.e. a cocktail-sauce; Guacamole, mustard mayo)
bread rolls
garlic bread
a tomato soup

MAIN COURSES

veal stew
Duck in Cherry Sauce
breaded chicken fingers
Poached Salmon with sauce
Courgettes
Garlic Roasted potatoes
pizza
Roast Beef
vegetable rice
Smiley Faces

DESSERTS

Creme Caramel
A pear-chocolate tarte
Strawberries
Rice Pudding
Floating Islands
Black Forest Gatueux
Cheese Board
Ice Lollies

We used our half board vouchers and had a lovely mixture of all sorts on our plates!! I did pig myself on the starter so I didn't really eat that much for my main but found room for dessert!! The only little niggle was we had finished eating and we had shared a bowl of strawberries but as they were a bit tart we left some. A child of about 3 with her Dad came up to our table so we waved and said Hello and then we noticed the grubby hand coming towards our strawberry bowl! She does no more than pick a strawberry up, put it in her mouth, obviously doesn't like the taste, spits it out and then places it back in our bowl, all with Dad supervising!!! We were not impressed and Dad shrugged his shoulders as if to say its okay!!

We used our half board vouchers on a buffet dinner here last week - and I've been raving about the food ever since :love: .

The restaurant is large, but the buffet is split and mirrored on each side of the counters, so there is no scrum around the food at all.

Fiona has posted a very good list of whats available in the post above. I had the sliced beef in creamy pepper sauce for my main course, with roasted vegetables and paprika potatoes - oh my goodness it was all to die for. I'd had my starter and was eyeing the beef when I noticed there was also soup on the menu, otherwise I may have had that as well. No floating islands here, but lovely flans and puddings. Also huge chunks of freshly cut pineapple, which were absolutely delicious.

Kids have a great choice here - as well as bread, soup, usual salads etc for starters, there is freshly made pizza, usual nuggets, pasta etc. For desserts, as well as the other puddings etc, there are ice lollies and yoghurts.

This restaurant, and the food choice and quality, is the best I have experienced at DLRP, and I will be back :thumbsup2

Hmmm this sounds very good too!!! Maybe we'll give this a go on our 1st evening. Ahhh decisions! We love seafood... and my kids will be mega happy with just smoked salmon - they love it!

Dined her on Sunday 5th October and it wasn't a nice meal at all. I'm not sure if it was because we had a latter sitting than before - 9pm as we didn't want to waste park time.

Only one side of the buffet counter was operational so there was a scrum to get to the food.

Starters consisted of Prawns, hard boiled eggs, lettuce, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes and I believe there was soup if you had wanted it. There were alot of empty gaps but nothing had been replaced.

Mains were even more disapointing, there was what looked like a lovely joint of beef but it was so tough you couldn't eat it! Although it was rare this didn't bother me but not being able to get my knife through the meat did! There were roasted vegetables on offer, roasted potatoes in their skins and there was a salmon dish on offer along with pasta in a cheesy sauce. Again there were empty gaps which had not been replaced, and the food was lukewarm when we sat to eat it.

The sad thing was that they were still letting people into the restaurant and not restocking the food.

Dessert was better with a choice of floating Islands, creme caramel, chocolate mousse and some Gateaux.

We would probably eat here again but choose an earlier time to eat.

Cape Cod buffet restaurant - we ate here on our first night, 22nd Sept 2009.

We chose this because it was convenient and free for DD. DH didn’t find much that took his fancy. I was a little disappointed with the choice although it seemed that more food came out later – we were there as it opened. DD drank orange juice, ate cucumber and then was sick. :sick:

Starters – salads, cold meats, tomato & Mozarella, peppered mackerel, soup & croutons, bread rolls.

Mains – beef in rosemary juice, roast pork, baked cod, sea bream, guinea fowl, pizza, pasta & sauce, roast potatoes, rice, tortilla chips, sausage rolls, smiley faces, omelette, chicken goujons, veggie nuggets, tomato sauce!

Desserts – chocolate mousse, fruit salad, rice pudding, crème caramel, jelly, custard, “pudding” (don’t know what this was but it was very tasty!), red fruit cake, mini doughnuts, pancakes, brownies, ice creams, lollies, yoghurts, cheesecake, apricot tart, cheese board.

Desserts were good but I thought that it was overpriced. Hoorah for shareholder discount!:thumbsup2

We ate here in June. We thought it was an excellent buffet (much better than Plaza Gardens). Check in was chaotic and took forever. But once we got in, we were pleased. Lots of variety and the quality was excellent for a buffet. Desserts were just so so though. The crepes were not good at all so I wouldn't recommend those. But overall I would highly recommend this buffet.

Just back. If you get there for 6 it isn't too busy. It was a good buffet with lots of choice and kept our picky kids happy. You have meat, fish, seafood, soup and rolls, lots of salads, pasta, pizza, garlic bread and chicken nuggets/fish nuggets, Omlette and potatoes and a very wide desert selection. Frankly though very few foods proposer on a buffet. They don't have stations where chefs cook aside from Omlette. It is all under heaters. So I can recommend for sure, but you probably won't be blown away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!