Can't We Just Leave the Ponchos On? June 2013 TR

Following along. Looks like we were there at the same time. We were at BCR but have stayed at OKW before.

Loving your trippie! More please!!!! :dance3:

BTW....I would have freaked out on RNRC, just like dear ole dad!:rotfl2:

1. I'm really enjoying your writing style/voice.

2. None of the photos so far are showing up for me :confused3

3. More please!

1. I'm really enjoying your writing style/voice.

2. None of the photos so far are showing up for me :confused3

3. More please!

Thank you! That means a lot! And I'm an amateur, I accidentally deleted all of the pictures..:cool1: Just re-uploaded! About to write Page 5!

Page 5: 6/6/13 (Magic Kingdom)
Can you say RAIN? Non-stop, for that matter. We decided to go to Magic Kingdom today, assuming the locals and strollers wouldn't be crowding the park. Right we were! It was practically empty! Here, have an adorable picture of the Dumbo statue covered in water, taken by my mom.
486_zpsdf05aa55.jpg
I'm talking "25 minutes for Space Mountain in mid-day" empty. To put it in perspective, we rode Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mad Tea Party, Dumbo, and Journey of the Little Mermaid all before lunch. Can I just recommend not going on Dumbo without a poncho in the rain? Oops... I was hoping it had stopped for good, I guess:confused3 So that got me soaked... You know it's a true rainy day when your poncho is not only wet on the outside, but on the inside as well. By the way, if you're going to ride the Little Mermaid ride, double check (maybe even triple check if you're like us) what queue you're entering. Let's just say walking into Ariel's meet and greet grotto is a surprise when you're expecting a boarding area! We had been in a hurry to get out of the rain (there was an inch of water puddling all over the ground and I was wearing tennis shoes), and I guess we didn't even notice the sign! But it was okay because Ariel told me she liked my hair and I would fit right in in Atlantica. GUYS, I WAS TOLD BY A MERMAID THAT I HAVE MERMAID HAIR. So that was awesome. Don't worry, we found the actual ride later. Ursula is so lifelike, it's incredible. I kind of hope the ride will stop when our little Clammobile is in front of her. It's my favorite scene! We stopped for lunch at Cosmic Ray's, and for one of the first times ever, we didn't have to hunt for a table! Actually, we used the table next to us as a drying rack for our ponchos. CAN YOU SAY DISNEY BURGER? I forget how amazingly delicious those perfections are. Just saying. We were by one of the windows, and we saw Winnie the Pooh walking around with an umbrella. How adorable! Winnie the Pooh is literally the cutest thing. So huggable.
501_zps47e9410e.jpg

511_zpsaf4f77a7.jpg
Afterwards, it was a mad dash to Mickey's Philharmagic. Once again, in correspondence with the title, we were asked to take our rain ponchos off. "But, we just have to freeze in the air conditioning and these things are warm and we have to go out again anyway--" No, we didn't say that or anything, we do understand why. BUT STILL. I sound recorded the entire show for when I'm missing Disney... a little piece of magic on my phone. We left Philhar, and what possessed us to get on the carousel in the rain, I don't know, but it sounded fun, so we did. My dad (I forgot what he was doing at the moment) met up with us later but couldn't find the entrance, gave up, and went to stand under the awning of Castle Couture. He probably looked pretty odd just standing there for 10 minutes :rotfl: My mom got Cinderella's horse! I actually found it, it's been my dream to ride it, but the horse next to it on the outside was really high up and really tempting. The outside horses always move the most! So my mom got on it, and I named my horse Knight. That's one of those rides where you just have to name your ride vehicle, you know? No? Okay. I tried to tell my dad through "sign language" that my mom got Cinderella's horse! This consisted of pointing at my mom, making hand motions and princess waves for the word "Cinderella", and then imitating a horse. How could he not have known what I was saying? Oh, well. I told him afterwards. Apparently I'm not cut out to be a mime! We grabbed some FastPasses for Space Mountain (which my mom now tolerates!) and watched Carousel of Progress. I have so many unanswered questions about this ride. For example, who is the random girl with Sarah in the first scene? It's not Patricia; she comes in later! The girl never appears again:scared1: Also, on the PeopleMover, it says the COP goes through 4 different families in the 1900s. No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't, because if it does, it's a little creepy that they all have the same names. And faces. So this attraction just bothers me.
570_zps5ea44f93.jpg

I thought this picture (from COP) did a pretty good job of showing how much water was gathered on the pavement. And that was NOT all of it, some areas were literally so much deeper (cough, cough, Fantasyland).​
Then it was to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I got 8000 or somewhere around that. AM I DESTINED TO FOREVER BE A SPACE CADET? We rode PeopleMover for the 102487230857th time and went to Stitch's Great Escape. I understand this is not the best attraction Disney has ever made, but I still like it. Stitch is absolutely adorable, and his Audio Animatronic is really life like! Yes, the chili dog smell is bad, but so is the skunk on Journey into Imagination, right? Oh, that reminds me, the burning smell on Spaceship Earth:love: Anyway. Back to the TR. We still had a lot of time to kill before our FastPasses, so we FINALLY bought one of those precious Dumbo souvenir popcorn buckets and took a round on the Walt Disney World Railroad. It is seriously difficult to eat popcorn in the rain. I was eating it under my poncho:rolleyes1
647_zps8a45ee65.jpg

Here is Dumbo the Flying Popcorn Bucket in my room at OKW.​
The soundtrack on the train was broken, which was entertaining. It kept cutting on and off, each time with the spiel about the Storybook Circus. They would try to power it off, but it just kept coming right back on. Some poor CM had to improvise, going over all the attractions she could think of at each stop. She would turn off the mic, ask what to say next, and come back. It was a little funny, but I think most of us would have been just as fine riding in silence at that point! Finally, Space Mountain. I know the it's a small world song can get on your nerves, or stuck in your head, or whatever it may be, but Disney's not lying. While in line, we ran into the same father-daughter group that we had met yesterday waiting for the animation class! They happen to be from our area, not too far away, and they remembered us from yesterday. It really is a small world! The ride was fun. It did use to be more thrilling when I was smaller and could put my arms up without worrying about hitting the ceiling, but hey, Space Mountain is fabulous regardless. Afterwards, it was to Pirates of the Caribbean. WE FOUND THE MERMAIDS THIS TIME, applause please. Such a cool effect, and nowhere near as creepy as I expected! And people, when they say no flash photography, they really do mean it. For one thing, it's really annoying in a ride as dark as that. I mean, can you say blinding? And that's distracting to all the other riders. But, whatever, I don't make the rules. We went to Tiki Birds, which I hadn't seen since they removed Iago. I think it's neat that it's back to the original, since it was Walt's vision, but it is a lot less intense without Iago and all! The worst part of that was when I put my hand up to my ear and noticed my Mickey earrings (which I had been looking for for the last 3 years, mind you) were missing. There was actually still an earring back stuck to my left year. I was really mad, because I spent $25 on those and didn't think I'd have enough souvenir money left to get everything I wanted this trip. I got over it. Then, my mom and I rode Splash Mountain. I guess my dad doesn't like getting wet, but hey, if you can run around MK all day in a tropical storm, you can probably handle a log flume ride. Then, we were pretty much starving. We got so much more done that day than we ever would have expected :woohoo: So we went over to Pecos Bill's, one of my favorite QS meals at that particular park, but it was filled with crying children and soaking wet people dripping all over the floors. No, thank you. We opted out and went to Columbia Harbour House, which definitely isn't what it used to be. It was quiet, though, and good to sit down inside for a while. We rode Haunted Mansion with no wait, walked through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse for old times' sake, and went on the Magic Flying Carpets of Aladdin. Operation get parents spit on by a camel, success! It's a thing. We returned to the resort and drove to Downtown Disney, planning to spend the rest of my souvenir money so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The thing was, the t-shirt I had my eye on turned out to be men's, the bathing suit I wanted wasn't there, and at that point, I didn't know what I wanted to use my money on so I decided not to get the Stitch as Yoda Vinylmation, the Minnie ballerina pin, or the baby Dumbo keychain. (Not that big of a loss, I'm not even sure what I would have done with the keychain.) I told you, the World of Disney seriously overwhelms me! My mom was able to get them to give me an exact replica pair of the Mickey Mouse earrings I lost, though, by showing them the only earring back left and the receipt. It turns out the studs weren't catching the backs properly, and this pair should be better! Oh, how I love Disney service. Afterwards, I was so tempted to buy one of those chocolate covered Mickey Mouse apples at Goofy's Candy Co. Who can justify that for $9.99, though? I could get a pin for my collection with that! I'm planning on making them at home soon, actually. I'll post a picture if they turn out well. Also, I realized I didn't really want the apple. Just the chocolate. So, we once again headed back "home" (I love saying that) for cookies, soda, and STACEY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter