Can't use Kohls percent off on Nike products

Despite saying I'd go elsewhere for Nike clothes, I bought my DS a tshirt and shorts (Easter present) from Kohls yesterday. They were both on sale (20%). Dicks Sporting Goods now also excludes Nike on all of its coupons. This is definitely new because I regularly bought Nike products from Dicks and used coupons (ones they mailed to me as a scorecard holder). Also, with Kohls I bought a gift card at Kroger so I saved 10% that way which I can't do ith Dicks. ETA: Can't use an apostrophe in the store name or it won't let me say it.

Last edited:
Wow!! I just used a $20 off $100 at Dicks on Nike and another $10 off $50 there yesterday.

Wow!! I just used a $20 off $100 at Dicks on Nike and another $10 off $50 there yesterday.
Huh. I got a bunch of coupons in the mail last week. I just looked again and one of eight doesn't exclude Nike. It's the "Take $10 of $100-199.99, $20 off $200-$299.99..." coupon.

Last week I tried to use a kohl's coupon on a Fisher Price baby item, and it wasn't valid. I never knew Fisher Price was a prestige brand.

Graco, too - last week we had a 30% and we bought a Graco Pack and Play, but it wouldn't accept the coupon. Still, though, with the sale price plus $20 Kohl's Cash, we paid far less than we would have anywhere else.

(As an aside...a day or two after that, my mother's iron died, and she was able to use the 30% on a new Rowenta iron. So it didn't go to waste.)

Another reason to not buy Nike products is their association with Michael Vick!

Graco, too - last week we had a 30% and we bought a Graco Pack and Play, but it wouldn't accept the coupon. Still, though, with the sale price plus $20 Kohl's Cash, we paid far less than we would have anywhere else.

(As an aside...a day or two after that, my mother's iron died, and she was able to use the 30% on a new Rowenta iron. So it didn't go to waste.)

I just went over to see what their web site states, and it does say, when you click on the Exclusions button, that the pack and play "may not be eligible for some discounts". Still it stinks. But I guess it is either they don't get to sell certain brands, or they have to agree to not discount them. Boo.

I was able to use a $10 off coupon at Dicks. I bought a pair of Nike baseball cleats. I wasn't planning to use it, but the cashier saw it in my hand and asked if I was going to use it. I said no because it excludes Nike. She took it and told me it would work anyway, and it did.

So just because Kohls coupons do not apply towards Nike merchandise, you all are hating on Kohls? LOL wow. If you didn't know (looks like you all need to do a bit more research) Nike changed their policy and THEY AS IN NIKE, do not let companies use their coupons towards their merchandise. You're welcome.

It's a bummer that these brands do this.

On Black Friday, I went to Dick's to get a pair of Nike shoes for my son. There was a doorbuster coupon for X amount off the purchase of a pair of shoes over a certain amount. The picture on the coupon had a pair Nike's on it. I knew to look at the fine print b/c most times Nike's are excluded. Sure enough it was there. But b/c they had the Nike's in the ad, they honored the coupon.

I am so disappointed to hear this. My sons (24, 16) have worn Nike shoes exclusively for many years. I plan to complain tomorrow morning. This is the best contact info I have found...if anyone else can find a better contact number or email please let us know. 1-800-344-6453 (7 a.m. - 4 p.m. PT

I am so disappointed to hear this. My sons (24, 16) have worn Nike shoes exclusively for many years. I plan to complain tomorrow morning. This is the best contact info I have found...if anyone else can find a better contact number or email please let us know. 1-800-344-6453 (7 a.m. - 4 p.m. PT

Are you trying to contact Kohls or Nike? Kohls can't do anything about it. If you are contacting Nike make sure you tell them that you have been a loyal consumer, but unless they change their practices you are going to switch brands. And then do it. I think the only thing that will get their attention is a steep drop in sales. If people complain yet keep buying, they get exactly what they want.

Kohls isn't the only place that carries Nike shoes. The other day at Modells I got my ds a pair of Nike sneakers for track, I had a coupon that excluded certain Nike things, and those sneakers were listed as an exclusion, but when I checked out it took off the extra %. It also took off extra on a Nike jacket I got for him.
If you do purchase alot of Nike shoes and apparel, check sporting goods stores and their coupons, they may have different arrangements with Nike than department stores do.

I think Nike is doing this because they see that excluding their brand from coupons doesn't really effect sales. Under Armour has always been excluded and look how popular that stuff is.

I am sure I have recieved the discount on nike before and when I went to purchase in January it didn't work and when I called the person I spoke with said as of Jan 1 Nike is not able to be further reduced by coupons or codes. I am sure I have used it on nike sandals shorts etc for my son before this. I was annoyed too.

Kohls will no longer let you use percent off codes on Nike products!!!
I just went to order socks/sneakers with my 30% and they are excluded.
I am so disappointed as that was a huge savings :(
You can still earn Kohls cash on the purchase

Its not Kohls, Its Niki that stopped Kohl from taking coupons towards the products! Niki does NOT want to reimburse any big box store for coupons any more. We should Boycott Niji ! The heck with Niki! I will buy other products, Not Niki any more!

Yes rediculous! Kohls use to offer 20,30% on everything then 2 years ago not on Nike now it is Converse and Vans will be next! So I went to outlet down the street better deal. I like how there excuse is "Nike won't let us sell for discounts due to they sell to use in discounts". Um.. no they buy large quantities $5-$10 sell $60' to $70 in store. Show me Kohls where it states in your purchase contract you can't discount, yet Nike store or others do!. I shop far less there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter