Can't Think of a Cute Title Just Lots of Pics

I am glad I read your reviews. I forgot all about Boatwrights. We ate there about 11 years ago and it was fabulous. I might eat there again on my next trip.

This is was the ADR I was most worried about. DS started taking French at the start of the school year. When we went in October we were looking for some different places to eat and when DS saw Chefs de France he decided he would like to eat there. I have never had any French food, there's just no place in Kingsport Tennessee to get it. But we think it's important to eat at some of the places DS wants to eat at, so I made an ADR. Also I had read a lot of negative reviews about Chefs too.

We checked in about 15 minutes before our ADR, and didn't get seated until just a few minutes after. We were seated all the way in the back of the restaurant, the good thing abou that was we were next to the dessert prep area. So our server comes by and takes our drink orders and drops off a loaf of bread and butter for us.

Bread and Butter
519d40d8.jpg

We all liked the bread and especially the butter. It was just a small loaf of French bread, possibly a bagette, that hard on outside but very soft and chewy on the inside. The butter was wonderful, I don't know what was different about it than any other butter, but it was good. It was richer and creamier, but not a sweet butter.

Duo of Roasted Duck Breast and Confit Leg of Duck

ffbbb38b.jpg

I debated for a while on what to get. The Mac n cheese sounded good but I'm southern so Mac n cheese is a vegetable not a main entree. I finally decided on the duck. I was very nervous about making it my meal. I have never had duck before. Once again, there's just no place that serves it in East Tennessee. But if I decided I wanted to try something I couldn't get at home, so I just went went it. I ended up liking it very much. The breast is similar to dark meat chicken, but not as greasy. The leg meat was good too. It didn't have a poultry texture, it had the texture of steak but didn't taste like steak. The sauce on the plate was good but I don't remember much about it. The mashed sweet potatoes were just mashed sweet potatoes, nothing special. I actually thought they could use a little salt. I had never tried patty pan squash before. I thought it was just OK. I only at a couple of pieces of it because I was so full, but I thought it was a little tart. Kind of like how a green tomato is tart. Overall I liked this meal quite a bit. I would consider getting it again but there are other things on the menu I would like to try to.

Grilled Tenderloin of Beef
094a89e2.jpg

DH got the beef. He said it was very good, cooked exactly as medium well. The green beens were good and done, so they may be too done for some. He liked the potato gratin too but thought the cheese that was in it was a little strong. Not like it was too much cheese, just like they had used a strong flavored cheese, if that makes sense. He thought all his veggies needed a little salt. He also said the gravy was real good, it was like just a beef gravy.

Beef Short Ribs
2dd04a5b.jpg

DS ordered this. It looked like beef stroganoff to me and inexperienced eye. I didn't try a bite but DH did. He said it was good and DS enjoyed it.

Puff Choix with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
ac35ad51.jpg

This was my dessert. I had read much about this on the Dis so I had to get it. Overall I liked it. It was basically a big cream puff but with ice cream in place of cream. It was good but not outstanding.

Chocolate Mousse
0400e0ec.jpg

DS ordered the mousse. He said it was good. It came with a peice of some kind of cake dipped in chocolate.

Sorbets
39a5d319.jpg

DH had the sorbets. THere was coconut, mango, and we think guava but we're not sure about the guava. The coconut and mango was very good but the guava had a whang to it that nobody cared for. There's a small piece of sweet bread that came with it. DH said it tasted like a small piece of cake, like a scoop of cake batter poured out in a pan and baked that way.

Overall Thoughts and Opinions This was the surprise meal of the trip. Even though we were reluctant to try it, everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was excellent and the food was too. I'm not too sure how authentic it is, but we enjoyed the food anyway. I'm glad we tried it. I don't know if it's a must do now, but I would definitely eat here again.

Great reviews! Your review and pictures of Le Chefs de France made me schedule a reservation for October trip. Thanks!

Thanks so much for your reviews and the yummy pics! I had a fun time reading about your good eats!:)

Just spent a very enjoyable lunch break reading your wonderful reviews :goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to share your yummy food with us

I enjoyed your review and the pics! Staying at Port Orleans soon and looking forward to Boatwrights and taking the Boat to Downtown Disney for dinner at T-Rex, Raglan Road, and to check out the new Splitsville bowling place opening this Fall.

From a Fellow Middle Tennessean, hi!!!
I am so glad you reviewed Chefs de France and Beaches & Cream. We are still working on other places for our upcoming trip but those are two we were tossing around!

thank you for posting all these amazing photos and reviews....and the photos were FINE...
I enjoyed reading your reviews and I too thought that the chicken at 50's was greasy...but the hot fudge sundae there made up for the grease...I too loved the green things...we dont have that up in Maine...

Thanks again

Beaches and Cream always looks soooo good!

My daughter and I went for a take out cone once and to scope it out for a potential meal later in the week and I was surprised at how small it is inside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!