Can't justify staying onsite anymore!!!

Next year we srd heading offsite. I would love to hear about where u stayed as I sm totally unfamiliar with the offsite resorts.

In terms of condos, the best deals were very different the last two times we went, so you'd probably do better to ask in the "Orlando Hotels and Attractions" for the best current deals. And you'll need to consider whether you want to stay in a condo, a house (or a house with a private splash pool!), or a hotel (or a hotel with hot breakfast...). You'd get more space than onsite for less in any category, but which one would make you happier is a totally different question!

If you want daily maid service, for instance, you'll probably want a hotel, because most houses and condos are cleaned weekly or in between rentals and having the maids more often would be an extra fee. Hotels again if you want a hot breakfast but don't want to cook, although I believe there are a couple of condos that offer it. If you just want to feed the kids cereal for breakfast, a condo or house would have a better dining set up than many hotel suites. You should usually reserve a condo out further than you would a hotel room. And so on.

As I said, staying offsite requires more research. :upsidedow But if you ask in the Orlando Hotels forum, plenty of people happy to offer recommendations in every category and warn you about resort fees and point you toward the deals. :)

The things you loose is the meal pkg option. Extra Magic hours. You can still go to the transport center and use Disney Transport. Now some folks would say why. First you get to ride the Mrail. You can still go to resorts and eat. You will have just as good a time. Let me warn you about one thing. If you drive to WDW use your car. Invest in a GPS or use the one on your smart phone to get around. If you fly Rent a car. That way you are not at the Mercy of the off site transport companys. The first time we went to WDW we had a bad day because the bus did not show for 3 hours after the parks closed. Good Luck on your Vacation.pixiedust:

I was planning on going this year, but I'm moving the date for next year. We were booked for POR, but now, I think we should just stay off site. The tickets and the lodging is getting really expensive. I remember the $49 value resort and $89 moderate with a discount. It's been long gone.

My main reason why I go to Orlando is to see Mickey and the Castle. It's not all about where I stay. If I have to stay off site just to make it to all the parks, then I will do so. "Magic" is what you make of it, whether you stay off site or on site.

. The tickets and the lodging is getting really expensive. I remember the $49 value resort and $89 moderate with a discount. It's been long gone.

hey remember when the moderates (they were called something else then) were $69....
back in the 70's Polyn was $49.... in the 80's it was $125...
those days are gone.

Both options are good, just have to see the total cost of everything to see what fits you best. We have stayed both onsite and off site and on site without discount is too expensive. For our trip in october I found the Ritz Carlton had a package that includes parking at hotel, breakfast each morning and one night free for the same price of a regular wilderness lodge room for the same period. So we will be getting more space of room, a real deluxe hotel to the standard of Grand Floridian and breakfast each morning for the price of a regular room at the Wilderness. The math solves itself. It is true that Disney is cutting offers and raising prices, so at least I would not consider going onsite again unless there is an offer that really help me stay with them. It is a very emotional decision as the bubble is very good, but not worth it if you can make a better bubble that fits your family, budget and desires of what you want to do in your vacation better in an off site hotel. Before it was a simple decision to stay deluxe in Disney as there was no options, but since 5 stars hotels have gone in as the Ritz and Waldorf Astoria, it has put Disney deluxe resorts in perspective of what you can really get for your money. At least it has for us that work hard each year to vacation as we mean it!

It is a very emotional decision as the bubble is very good, but not worth it if you can make a better bubble that fits your family, budget and desires of what you want to do in your vacation better in an off site hotel. Before it was a simple decision to stay deluxe in Disney as there was no options, but since 5 stars hotels have gone in as the Ritz and Waldorf Astoria, it has put Disney deluxe resorts in perspective of what you can really get for your money. At least it has for us that work hard each year to vacation as we mean it!

Sadly, I would have to agree. As much as we love the "Disney Bubble", and have even contemplated our next stay at a deluxe with less time in the parks to save some money, it may make sense if we just skip WDW altogether and do a completely different type of vacation elsewhere. Prices at a place like Amelia Island Plantation, which is a gorgeous resort, are coming in MUCH less than a vacation at WDW. As much as we love Disney, those Deluxe (and even moderates/values) are getting sky-high and we sometimes wonder if we need to start diversifying our vacation destinations to save some money. :confused3

It's because of the prices and mediocre discounts, that have made the last 3 years NON-DISNEY vacation years. We fly in from Seattle, where airfare is a nightmare. We're also a family of 6, so rooms don't come cheap. I really cannot imagine staying off site though. We get most of the attractions done during extra magic hours, and not having that extra time in the parks, would make it hard to justify the ticket prices. I would rather wait a couple years and stay on site, but that's just my family. Everyone puts a different value on different experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter