Can't get National EA/EC online?!

Barringer75

Mouseketeer
I have National EC card. I've entered the DC contract # and Coupon # and got a great rate for Full size week in Sept of $135 incl. taxes, but sends me to "Counter" all the time. Even when I try with EC contract # for full size I get message that Upgrade Coupon attached - Method of Delivery changed to Counter.

Since I really need a full size (we will be 5 people plus luggage) I thought I needed to reserve at least that with the hopes of EC of maybe picking up a SUV or minivan if available. BUT the site never lets me have EC or EA. ALWAYS sends me to COUNTER.

What am I doing wrong?

It has to do with the coupon. Every time you put in coupon, it will default to counter.

Many people have simply gone to the Aisle, taken the car and give the coupon to the person at the gate.

Hopefully someone who has done so will answer if they had any problems.

BigDave

Have you tried to manually change the box where it says counter service. When I made my res for a mini-van I had to click on that box and it automatically changes to Emerald Choice.

I don't think it has anything to do with the coupon, because I had all of that information entered and it worked fine for me.

Good Luck!!!

:earsboy:

I got the same message when I tried to make a reservation this morning. I made the reservation for counter but hope if any one has just gone to the aisle will let us know if they had any problems.
Thanks.

I just went ahead with the counter ressie, then I e-mailed National, explaining the "Upgrade" message. It took about 20 minutes for a reply, and the reservation center changed it over to Emerald Aisle for me. Be sure to include any pertinent info in the e-mail (Res#, Coupon Code, etc.)

That happened to me too, yesterday! It drove me crazy:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: !!!!!!!

Here is something I learned. You can call National and ask to speak to their "internet reservation dept" and have them bypass the system when it acts ups like that. I spoke with them yesterday, and they were puzzled as to why it was responding that way. The only time you should get that response (according to national) is when you have a coupon for an upgrade - that you have to deal with at the counter. Another reason, so they said, is when you try and 'combine' an EC with a DC. They told me the system is not set up to process both.

If you have problems, ask to speak to that dept. specifically so they can match the lower price.

Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help and letting me know I wasn't alone on this problem. I did email National with all the details and they told me I didn't have my EA # on the ressie and that's why it kept defaulting to counter!?? (I don't understand this,but anyway) They were very responsive, cancelled my online ressie and created a new one at same rate with EA on it and emailed me the confirmation. I feel much better now.:D

These boards are great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter