Can't get FD

I have an existing reservation at pop 9/27-10/4 that I'm trying to add free dining to, and no luck. Has anyone else had any luck so far?

So far, no, I still haven't had any luck either. As each day passes I get more and more discouraged.

I have been trying multiple times, varying dates, and no value resorts come up under the free dining offer. I couldn't figure out how they had all been booked up already. It makes more sense that the value resorts are not being included in the offer.

About 5 years ago, DH and I could fly to Orlando, stay at a value resort with free dining for a week, and purchase the minimum tickets allowed under the offer for just over $2,000.00. Now, all I see, no matter what dates I put in, are free dining offers of $6,000.00 for a week for the 2 of us.

I have an existing reservation at pop 9/27-10/4 that I'm trying to add free dining to, and no luck. Has anyone else had any luck so far?

I am trying to get FD during 8-14 DEC and no luck still. I keep checking daily. My travel agent is keeping a watch as well.

Reactions: GCM
We have gotten FD for many years and this year seems like it is VERY scaled back. We already have a great deal for our days 8/23 thru 8/31 staying at the YC/GF but I go on everyday just to see what the FD deal would be for a moderate. I have not seen one moderate OR value offered for FD for our dates. I think Disney is really trying to get away from the FD offer.

Reactions: GCM
We have gotten FD for many years and this year seems like it is VERY scaled back. We already have a great deal for our days 8/23 thru 8/31 staying at the YC/GF but I go on everyday just to see what the FD deal would be for a moderate. I have not seen one moderate OR value offered for FD for our dates. I think Disney is really trying to get away from the FD offer.

More likely Disney has already filled up resorts after having offered discounted rates for CBR and I think CSR due to construction. The offers are only to fill rooms so if the mods, which have less inventory already with the construction, have already filled up, there is no reason to offer any more discounts.

I have been trying multiple times, varying dates, and no value resorts come up under the free dining offer. I couldn't figure out how they had all been booked up already. It makes more sense that the value resorts are not being included in the offer.

About 5 years ago, DH and I could fly to Orlando, stay at a value resort with free dining for a week, and purchase the minimum tickets allowed under the offer for just over $2,000.00. Now, all I see, no matter what dates I put in, are free dining offers of $6,000.00 for a week for the 2 of us.

We have gone numerous times with free dining at a Value Resort and I have always been able to book easily days or several weeks after the offer's release date. In my opinion they either didn't offer Value or they offered very, very few rooms. I'm thinking maybe it just isn't meant for my family to go this year.... :(

More likely Disney has already filled up resorts after having offered discounted rates for CBR and I think CSR due to construction. The offers are only to fill rooms so if the mods, which have less inventory already with the construction, have already filled up, there is no reason to offer any more discounts.

Yes, the FD rooms are booked up for moderates and values, however, people do cancel and I have not seen one room offered in weeks in these 2 categories. In the past, rooms would sell out but there would be values/moderates at times pop up in the offer most likely due to cancellations. This year I have not seen that at all.

Yes, the FD rooms are booked up for moderates and values, however, people do cancel and I have not seen one room offered in weeks in these 2 categories. In the past, rooms would sell out but there would be values/moderates at times pop up in the offer most likely due to cancellations. This year I have not seen that at all.

I think it's because the occupancy rate is such that they have met the goal they need. If they book enough rooms they don't have to add the room back into fd inventory.

Check back later on and see what is out there. The folks who book based on speculation may release their rooms, opening up a larger number. I doubt it will be enough though, due to the already reduced number available.

I think it's because the occupancy rate is such that they have met the goal they need. If they book enough rooms they don't have to add the room back into fd inventory.

Check back later on and see what is out there. The folks who book based on speculation may release their rooms, opening up a larger number. I doubt it will be enough though, due to the already reduced number available.

I am also trying for free dining 12/11-12/14 at a value. Either doing 2 rooms or a suite (4 adults 1 13 yo) is there better luck using a TA or just calling Directly?TIA

I am also trying for free dining 12/11-12/14 at a value. Either doing 2 rooms or a suite (4 adults 1 13 yo) is there better luck using a TA or just calling Directly?TIA

Has free dining for that time frame been released yet? I have not paid attention because I have BB for a deluxe that I think is my best discount.

Personally, I book all my own reservations, and would do so under this circumstance as well.

FD was rough this year. Not typical at all. Last year a month after drop I could book something (value or mod) if flexible with dates.

This year I got FD on a value, had to get preferred room. My receipt came to me 4 minutes after drop. I then spent the rest of the day (in between naps) searching for other people. Never again saw a value or mod for 11/25-27 or beginning of December 8-12 check in. There was no available for a FD mod even before drop. Those sold out in February.

If you can go deluxe there is still availability. FD is offered to book up resorts as we all know. Between all the refurbs, plenty of people coming to WDW this year, I just don't think they needed to offer much for this time frame (except to fill up deluxe.) It wasn't nearly as difficult if you wanted late summer FD but still not as available as usual.

I think patterns with people have changed. I am a SAHM. 5 years ago when I would go to the store at 11am on a weekday it was empty. Most people were at work. Now not the case at all. Traffic everywhere all day long. More and more people work at home, work for themselves, or have modified schedules. Why do I bring this up? I think less and less people have to vacation during the summer anymore. Why not go when it is cool and the holiday decorations are up?

In so many ways it's time to throw out anything we have known about WDW historically. The book is getting rewritten.

Just a heads up. They added some rooms to FD. I was able to add an extra day at the end of our trip.

Just a heads up. They added some rooms to FD. I was able to add an extra day at the end of our trip.
Awesome! I've been trying to get a day added in November. So far I've had no luck. But am hopeful now that I've seen people getting more days!

I looked online and called, but still no luck on FD. CM told me to keep checking and that the December discounts should be out soon...not sure if she was hinting or just basing on past years. Anyhow, I'm holding on, still hoping some pixie dust comes my way!

between Pandora and Pop Century massive refurbishment, and people getting ready well in advance to do their reservations ON the day FD comes out, this year it's been hard, even when DP changed and IMO is not a great deal anymore, just keep looking and do some math room only discounts are way better than FD, also the lack of ADR at some places is unbelievable all the hot spots are taken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter