Can't get FD

GCM

Mouseketeer
Am I the only one who hasn't been able to get FD? I'm trying to get it for a value resort and my dates are only slightly flexible by a day either way, but nothing.... I'm getting so discouraged! :worried:

I can't get it but only bc my resort and room type aren't offered for the promo.

Keep checking. People were putting three day holds when the craziness started. People are now cancelling.

Are you trying for fewer than 6 or 7 days? I've noticed, when checking AP rates, there's 'no availability' when I check for 4 or 5 days, but then if I try a week, magically rooms are available.

We are looking for 7 night stay from December 15th-22nd or 16th-23rd at Pop, Music or Sports Standard Room. I realize the Preferred Rooms are closer to food court, etc, but they are too noisy for us. I keep checking but so far nothing. Not giving up yet, though I am a little concerned. I have never had difficulty getting a room in the past with FD.

We are looking for 7 night stay from December 15th-22nd or 16th-23rd at Pop, Music or Sports Standard Room. I realize the Preferred Rooms are closer to food court, etc, but they are too noisy for us. I keep checking but so far nothing. Not giving up yet, though I am a little concerned. I have never had difficulty getting a room in the past with FD.

IMO if you have your dates set i would grab a preferred and just keep checking daily to see if a standard opens so you're not completely blocked out.

IMO if you have your dates set i would grab a preferred and just keep checking daily to see if a standard opens so you're not completely blocked out.
Absolutely, but haven't been able to find preferred either. :confused3 I'm waiting on some pixie dust to come my way :wizard:

We had a reservation at the family suite in ASMu when the deal came out. I called every day since then to see if there was availability for the FD promotion and our room reservation. We moved over to AOA cars to be able to get some sort of discount. Still calling to see if there is anyway to switch back to ASM since the rest of our party is there. Waiting on some pixie dust and a shooting star!

Yes the availability seems to be very limited now only 1 week in. Hopefully people will change plans and move days around and something will open up for you. Keep checking every day. I also want to add a day on and nothing is available so I had to book a room only discount for that night and will have to do without FD for that day:(.

Am I the only one who hasn't been able to get FD? I'm trying to get it for a value resort and my dates are only slightly flexible by a day either way, but nothing.... I'm getting so discouraged! :worried:

As others have said, keep checking. People change plans/cancel all the time, so something might become available. Good luck!

Reactions: GCM
We had a reservation at the family suite in ASMu when the deal came out. I called every day since then to see if there was availability for the FD promotion and our room reservation. We moved over to AOA cars to be able to get some sort of discount. Still calling to see if there is anyway to switch back to ASM since the rest of our party is there. Waiting on some pixie dust and a shooting star!

Wishing you pixie dust too!!! pixiedust:

Sorry to hijack...Was free dining for mods only quick serve this year? I was getting quotes online for the cabins (with the FD promo) and the qsdp came up included, but had to upgrade to reg ddp? I was under the impression it was always reg ddp for mods and higher..thx

Sorry to hijack...Was free dining for mods only quick serve this year? I was getting quotes online for the cabins (with the FD promo) and the qsdp came up included, but had to upgrade to reg ddp? I was under the impression it was always reg ddp for mods and higher..thx

Only deluxe got the regular ddp. Moderates for the first time got quick service only.

Yeah free dining can get frustrating. I know I have been checking every other day and still nothing. I need it for 8-14 DEC. Since this is for my sister and niece. My BF and I already for our free dining reservation. We got that last year from out bounceback. But booking for another family member is making it difficult. As every says, all you can do is keep trying. The deal holds till July.

all the standard rooms for FD could be sold out. or Disney could be only allowing Preferred rooms; more money for them if people have to book a more expensive room.

we got a UOC a few years ago for FD, I called right away and all that was available at POFQ was Gardenview; I bet there were no standard rooms.

all the standard rooms for FD could be sold out. or Disney could be only allowing Preferred rooms; more money for them if people have to book a more expensive room.

we got a UOC a few years ago for FD, I called right away and all that was available at POFQ was Gardenview; I bet there were no standard rooms.

Actually I went online and had my travel agent working it too. The only rooms that were available were Standard no Preferred. When we went to look it down, it was gone.

I'm still keeping a watch out, checking every day or two, but no luck so far....:( I really hope something comes available soon. I wish I knew whether this meant Disney released very few rooms under this package or that I just wasn't lucky enough to get through. I tried all day the day of FD release, but just could not get through (all circuits busy or busy signal). I'm so sad....I really want to go!!!! I wonder how crowded the resorts/parks are going to be.

I have an existing reservation at pop 9/27-10/4 that I'm trying to add free dining to, and no luck. Has anyone else had any luck so far?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter