Canon rebates?

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
Is there any pattern to the canon rebates. There's nothing going on now but I'm in the market for a new camera and woulod hate to buy it this week and have a rebate pop up next month.

So does anyone know of any 'cycles' for the rebate offers?

Thanks!

The rebates were cancelled due to the earthquake. Regardless, they don't tend to take much $$$ off the prices because retailers raise their prices right beforehand. Prices are elevated right now in general though due to supply and demand.

That last Canon Rebates expired on March 20th(as scheduled). Canon typically offers rebates once in Spring and once in Fall, but there have been exceptions.

Generally Rebates offer the most value on lenses, I just purchased a 60D on last day of the rebates and actually paid more than if I had purchased prior to rebates kicking in.

Canon rebates require participating retailers sell at MSRP, prior to these rebates most retailers were selling well below retail.

But the Earthquake and or panic buying has driven up the price of many cameras. The 60D street price is about $200 more than it was mid February.

Interesting. So I was not imaging the higher prices! I guess if I need the camera before my trip I'm stuck w buying at higher prices. We leave in 5 weeks so not sure much will change.

Thanks

Interesting. So I was not imaging the higher prices! I guess if I need the camera before my trip I'm stuck w buying at higher prices. We leave in 5 weeks so not sure much will change.

Thanks

Rest easy and pay the higher price. Get your camera, get familiar with it and have fun. Do not check back on prices of said camera in the near future. Be happy and prosper ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter