Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

No answer as to why. I checked online after my last phone call and I wasn’t able to get reservations for December even though they said “you can, maybe those dates are just full.”

Who knows what is going on. Just wish they would be upfront about things. It is starting to feel like they don’t value us as loyal customers.

I can understand delays. I am beginning to think they had some less than great work done and didn’t pass inspection which necessitated starting over. At least for the pool/lobby area. If that is the case, then tell us.

I can’t see anything on FB regarding a November 1st opening. It is still crickets on social media.

No answer as to why. I checked online after my last phone call and I wasn’t able to get reservations for December even though they said “you can, maybe those dates are just full.”

Who knows what is going on. Just wish they would be upfront about things. It is starting to feel like they don’t value us as loyal customers.

I can understand delays. I am beginning to think they had some less than great work done and didn’t pass inspection which necessitated starting over. At least for the pool/lobby area. If that is the case, then tell us.

I can’t see anything on FB regarding a November 1st opening. It is still crickets on social media.
Yeah, there are some fishy things about all of this that rub me the wrong way. Originally when we started researching hotels we had NO idea that they were even closed and remodeling. Their website says nothing about it and there are recent reviews on Google that don't make any sense in retrospect.

I also don't like that they have continued to take reservations even though they were and are uncertain about when they will reopen. I haven't heard anyone getting cancellations for November or December yet, but can you imagine ruining a family's Thanksgiving or Christmas/holiday season by cancelling on them last minute? A lot of us are "in the know" and booked back ups, but I can imagine there are many who didn't.

And I agree the quietness about it all is weird!

When we tried to get a backup, we discovered the close places (on Harbor within walking distance) are all booked up. That said, my DD and travel agent got us a place that is within walking distance and met my criteria. So all is good. Still hoping for the Candy Cane in December because of their shuttle.

For us the cancellation proved a blessing in disguise. We really enjoyed our stay at the Element Anaheim this last weekend. The staff were helpful, the rooms were large, our kids were happy to have their own beds, it was great to have two areas in the room, even without a door between them, and the included hot breakfast had lots of options.

It's like a newer, nicer version of the Springhill Suites with a full kitchenette (including such little details as salt/pepper shakers, dish soap and dishwasher pods). I was concerned the walk would be too long, but it really wasn't bad at all and the walk down Disney Way was more pleasant in my opinion than walking up from Harbor and Katella (and definitely less crowded). With all of the nice, newly-constructed hotels within reasonable walking distance, I think I'm beyond the point of paying more than $200 a night for the proximity of a motel on Harbor, regardless of how renovated it may be.

Last edited:

I cannot even begin to imagine what it’s like to order 200+ faucets, sinks, shower curtains, bedspreads, mattresses, etc during this time! They probably didn’t dream it would take this long. Couple that with reduced amount of inspection people available. I feel for them.

This Was covered previously but having the same owners since the beginning (and yes, ‘the old man has already passed on), the family will likely keep it going for another 50 years.

don’t know if it’ll be open for our December trip, we hope so, but we’ve got a nice backup if it doesn’t.

And honestly, I’m surprised they post on social media at all. They don’t need to advertise so I’m doubtful they have a media consultant. When they do post, it’s probably one of the younger employees or family members.

As Mr. Rodgers says, “R-E-L-A-X” 🤣

I cannot even begin to imagine what it’s like to order 200+ faucets, sinks, shower curtains, bedspreads, mattresses, etc during this time! They probably didn’t dream it would take this long. Couple that with reduced amount of inspection people available. I feel for them.

This Was covered previously but having the same owners since the beginning (and yes, ‘the old man has already passed on), the family will likely keep it going for another 50 years.

don’t know if it’ll be open for our December trip, we hope so, but we’ve got a nice backup if it doesn’t.

And honestly, I’m surprised they post on social media at all. They don’t need to advertise so I’m doubtful they have a media consultant. When they do post, it’s probably one of the younger employees or family members.

As Mr. Rodgers says, “R-E-L-A-X” 🤣
I'm not sure the guests who received 2 weeks notice about their September cancellations found it so easy to relax. I know someone traveling from out of state with 5 days booked at CCI for after their grand opening who only received 9 days notice about their cancellation.

I absolutely understand supply chain issues, staffing shortages, etc. I think most others do as well. I completely empathize and can only image how challenging and frustrating it's been for the owners. However, my issue is with how they've been communicating during this time, and in particular, since their grand opening announcement. Also, they had no problem sharing updates throughout the construction and promoting their opening sweepstakes on their social accounts. But not only have they been quiet since their opening was cancelled, they have actively deleted comments from guests with reservations asking questions. (This was not just from upset guests, but ALL comments from people wondering if what they were hearing about cancellations was true.) Eventually they removed the posts where any comments were made completely. It doesn't matter who manages their social accounts. That is just a poor reflection on a business.

I guess I'm "lucky" in that I found out my Oct. reservation was cancelled 3 weeks in advance. However, that doesn't change the fact pickings are slim and expensive for one of the busiest times. Should I have had a backup reservation? Clearly in retrospect, I should have. (Though even at that time I was having difficulty finding a hotel with availability that wasn't the Grand.) But given the big hoopla they made and the fact they finally announced an actual date (rather than continually taking reservations for 2 years and canceling as they went along, which is what they were doing), I certainly thought they only announced because their opening was truly confirmed.

I'm not sure the guests who received 2 weeks notice about their September cancellations found it so easy to relax. I know someone traveling from out of state with 5 days booked at CCI for after their grand opening who only received 9 days notice about their cancellation.

I absolutely understand supply chain issues, staffing shortages, etc. I think most others do as well. I completely empathize and can only image how challenging and frustrating it's been for the owners. However, my issue is with how they've been communicating during this time, and in particular, since their grand opening announcement. Also, they had no problem sharing updates throughout the construction and promoting their opening sweepstakes on their social accounts. But not only have they been quiet since their opening was cancelled, they have actively deleted comments from guests with reservations asking questions. (This was not just from upset guests, but ALL comments from people wondering if what they were hearing about cancellations was true.) Eventually they removed the posts where any comments were made completely. It doesn't matter who manages their social accounts. That is just a poor reflection on a business.

I guess I'm "lucky" in that I found out my Oct. reservation was cancelled 3 weeks in advance. However, that doesn't change the fact pickings are slim and expensive for one of the busiest times. Should I have had a backup reservation? Clearly in retrospect, I should have. (Though even at that time I was having difficulty finding a hotel with availability that wasn't the Grand.) But given the big hoopla they made and the fact they finally announced an actual date (rather than continually taking reservations for 2 years and canceling as they went along, which is what they were doing), I certainly thought they only announced because their opening was truly confirmed.
I was lucky and had a back up hotel which I booked in April of this year on the off chance that they weren't going to be open for our October dates.

I almost cancelled that but lucky I didn't I held onto it as wanting to see people actually stay before I cancelled.

Well when the open date came and went and people were being cancelled on for September I went ahead and cancelled Candy Cane Inn as could not take the risk flying internationally an then not having accommodation.

I might the right call as not long after they announced they were cancelling ALL of October.

The prices are certainly much higher now as where we are booked for the same room it is over $2000 difference if i was to book now.

I was lucky and had a back up hotel which I booked in April of this year on the off chance that they weren't going to be open for our October dates.

I almost cancelled that but lucky I didn't I held onto it as wanting to see people actually stay before I cancelled.

Well when the open date came and went and people were being cancelled on for September I went ahead and cancelled Candy Cane Inn as could not take the risk flying internationally an then not having accommodation.

I might the right call as not long after they announced they were cancelling ALL of October.

The prices are certainly much higher now as where we are booked for the same room it is over $2000 difference if i was to book now.
Where are you staying as a back up? That's quite the price increase!

Staying at the suncoast park hotel anaheim.

They must’ve anticipated the demand of last minute bookings…3 months ago when I had a reservation there it was less expensive than my Candy Cane Inn reservation. Of course as soon as they announced they were reopening, I cancelled my Suncoast reservation. Then when I started noticing the lack of updates on their social, I got a little weary and booked the Wyndham.

We are staying at the SunCoast as well. I got it through Get Away today and I got a night free. I purchased their Peace of Mind so I can cancel if Candy Cane opens. At this point, I might not cancel. I got it for less than the Candy Cane.

My husband is in SoCal this weekend. He walked by the front this morning. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• B1E6E3F9-8809-4439-8795-CC7CC7788F1D.jpeg
    B1E6E3F9-8809-4439-8795-CC7CC7788F1D.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 0BEA7378-9369-4696-9229-37EB35242960.jpeg
    0BEA7378-9369-4696-9229-37EB35242960.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 82B2A399-35F0-4A28-911B-29D6C3E93C16.jpeg
    82B2A399-35F0-4A28-911B-29D6C3E93C16.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 106
  • D19BCDD6-F6AD-43B9-BD55-5A3FDF56B88F.jpeg
    D19BCDD6-F6AD-43B9-BD55-5A3FDF56B88F.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 106
Wow, that is crazy! That looks about the same as the pics I took back in July.
So is seriously wrong somewhere..no labor, no materials.

I doubt we’ll be here December 1…

Anyone with November dates being cancelled yet? Looks like the earliest you can now book is Nov 17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter