Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

I had reservations for March 6-10, 2023, but just cancelled them earlier this week to go with a different hotel as I don't want to gamble with the reopening date being moved again and again.

This has finally hit my frustration level. Cancelled last Christmastime. Made reservations for this Christmastime. I got worried after reading here and called. I was told that they “hope to be open on their original dates of late October/ first of November.” Those aren’t original dates! That is a year after the original dates. I am sorry but “inspection” doesn’t seem like the issue and if their “pool isn’t done” you can always open without the pool. Personally I am tired of the excuses. Just be upfront and give us the information so we can plan accordingly. I am a loyal customer and have stayed there many times over the years but I am evaluating my loyalty.

ETA I just wish they would be honest. I am sure they are tired and frustrated as well. But they need to be honest. My DD called. She was told that you could make reservations bringing Nov 1st and their system was down yesterday for upgrades. Wrong! Can make them the beginning of the year. She said they were opening Oct 1st but then she said they would know in 2 weeks a firm opening date and will post on social media. Well, 2 weeks from now is Oct 1st. Bottom line, either they just don’t know and are making things up or they aren’t being upfront and honest. I don’t like doing business with people/companies who aren’t honest.

Last edited:
We, too, love CCI but have booked Hyatt House, which was only $20 more per night and we have a legit kitchen/eating area so I don’t have to pack hot plate for CCI!

Just trying to talk my friend into it but so far, she’s been agreeable. We have lots of wonderful memories of Candy Cane but might be time to make some new ones!

We, too, love CCI but have booked Hyatt House, which was only $20 more per night and we have a legit kitchen/eating area so I don’t have to pack hot plate for CCI!

Just trying to talk my friend into it but so far, she’s been agreeable. We have lots of wonderful memories of Candy Cane but might be time to make some new ones!
We loved Hyatt House, left a big review here and on TripAdvisor. This was first hotel stay at Disneyland, so clearly, I can't "speak from experience", but we had an amazing time there...

We loved Hyatt House, left a big review here and on TripAdvisor. This was first hotel stay at Disneyland, so clearly, I can't "speak from experience", but we had an amazing time there...
I KNOW ! Lol…you were what convinced me to go there rather than up closer to the park. Your reviews were great! Isn’t it cool how DISBoarders help each other out?😁

Agreed at this point I think they owe people an apology that they got so close to Sept 14 without calling an audible.

I think they need to just stop posting about future opening dates or any more speculation until they are completely done.

If they want to speculate it should included very detailed credible evidence why they can make a new date. If they don’t want to share details that explains their logic, they just need to be quiet.

This has finally hit my frustration level. Cancelled last Christmastime. Made reservations for this Christmastime. I got worried after reading here and called. I was told that they “hope to be open on their original dates of late October/ first of November.” Those aren’t original dates! That is a year after the original dates. I am sorry but “inspection” doesn’t seem like the issue and if their “pool isn’t done” you can always open without the pool. Personally I am tired of the excuses. Just be upfront and give us the information so we can plan accordingly. I am a loyal customer and have stayed there many times over the years but I am evaluating my loyalty.

ETA I just wish they would be honest. I am sure they are tired and frustrated as well. But they need to be honest. My DD called. She was told that you could make reservations bringing Nov 1st and their system was down yesterday for upgrades. Wrong! Can make them the beginning of the year. She said they were opening Oct 1st but then she said they would know in 2 weeks a firm opening date and will post on social media. Well, 2 weeks from now is Oct 1st. Bottom line, either they just don’t know and are making things up or they aren’t being upfront and honest. I don’t like doing business with people/companies who aren’t honest.
Do they charge a first room deposit and did you get it back quickly? I really don't even want to make a "just in case they're open reservation" at this point... especially if they're gunna charge me and then cancel last minute.

I checked Candy Cane Inn's Yelp page a minute ago and the strange thing is that there is not one mention of the Candy Cane Inn's remodeling or news of reopening date whatsover. And when you go to the Yelp page of Candy Cane Inn the recent reviews are from 2021 and 2020 and 2019. It's surprising that Candy Cane Inn doesn't even mention these happenings on their Yelp page and they should do so to inform customers of special deals and reminders of what's happening with the hotel. Do the owners of Candy Cane Inn own other motels in Anaheim as well? Because when a hotel is doing remodeling the owners usually send guests to a sister hotel in place of their original hotel. What I think is really gonna happen now that Candy Cane Inn's reopening is delayed once again is they will not close it but change the name because with independent motels and hotels struggling during the pandemic some motels closed while some motels stayed open for business and most likely Candy Cane Inn will finally reopen once they hire new staff to work in the hotel
I noticed the review thing on Google too. There's a review from 3 months ago... Doesn't make sense.

They have been nice. When I made my first reservation for 2021, they were nice and professional. When I made these reservations I was surprised that they honored my $10 a night off from 2019 and my AAA discount. In fact I think I got an additional $20 off a night for them having to cancel 2020.

The problem that I am having isn’t that they aren’t nice. It is I feel they aren’t being honest and forthright in what is happening. I have had the “we will have a firm opening date in a week or 2” since July 2020 and “we will update on social media” since then as well. Social Media has been silent, even after their big opening announcement came and went.

There is no deposit when making reservations at the Candy Cane.

I just got my cancellation for the week of October 18th. Luckily I’d noticed the activity on this thread and had booked a backup hotel last week.

CCI is offering a $50 nightly discount on all reservations until November 2023 for people with reservations that have been cancelled. Don’t know that I’m willing to try to stay there again, even with the discount.

I just got my cancellation for the week of October 18th. Luckily I’d noticed the activity on this thread and had booked a backup hotel last week.

CCI is offering a $50 nightly discount on all reservations until November 2023 for people with reservations that have been cancelled. Don’t know that I’m willing to try to stay there again, even with the discount.

I don’t think I’ll ever stay with the current room rates. Even with the discount, I found elsewhere for cheaper. I’m disappointed, I was looking forward to the family like atmosphere I kept reading about.

Just received our cancellation email too. Oct 13-20. Thank goodness we had another hotel booked as a backup. Something is definitely a miss here. I hope they get it worked out but wished they hadnt rushed the opening until things were confirmed.

We are staying across the street right now in our backup reservation. There is a lot of construction activity going on at Candy Cane Inn. We still plan to stay there with the last minute cancellation offer but not until this time next year.

I went to the grocery store and my clerk/friend just got back. She said it is more than the pool. The whole lobby area is under construction. Maybe they can’t move along because of inspections, I don’t know but something isn’t right.

Building supplies are so backed up and so hard to find and so expensive. Many things are on back order for months. It seems like everything is just difficult these days. Plus staffing is impossible. We’ve had both suppliers and employees just not showing up left and right. The gas company wouldn’t even answer our calls for days and wouldn’t come to fill our propane so we couldn’t run our fryers for almost a week, for example.

I don’t think I’ll ever stay with the current room rates. Even with the discount, I found elsewhere for cheaper. I’m disappointed, I was looking forward to the family like atmosphere I kept reading about.
Just to clarify, I love the Candy Cane. Probably one of my favorite off property locations. But it was never among the cheapest places to stay. It was usually around $225-280 for the premium rooms. The standard rooms were usually $150-170.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter