CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

oh I love this idea. My DH will turn 40 in march and I may have to use this idea. He's not really much into cake.

I love your buffet! The color scheme is so pretty. I'm trying to work mine out for DD's 9th birthday. But she wants a pool party, so that will limit any meltable candy. As in "NO CHOCOLATE!" :scared1:

Our candy buffet was actually by the pool also. We did limited chocolate because we are in California and of course in the middle of a huge heat wave. It was 106 the day of our buffet. The chocolate came out minutes before guests did and we did limited chocolate. Choc. covered raisins, m&ms, tootsie rolls, and neopolitian hersheys kisses and that was about it. I was surprised by how well the chocolate actually did hold up but we had to include what we did because the colors were perfect. lol

I am so glad I found this thread.... what an awesome idea. DD is having a Willy Wonka birthday party in September -- I'm going to do a Wonka candy buffet -- thanks for all the yummy ideas!

OK.....

so you guys have inspired me! I am a volunteer with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and we have a girl who wished for....braces! So for her Wish Party (right before her first appt. for her braces) we are going to a big buffet with all of the things you can't eat when you have braces...lots of gum and chewy candies! I think it will be a lot of fun...any candy ideas??? And THANKS everyone, I wouldn't have had the idea without all of you! :goodvibes

OK.....

so you guys have inspired me! I am a volunteer with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and we have a girl who wished for....braces! So for her Wish Party (right before her first appt. for her braces) we are going to a big buffet with all of the things you can't eat when you have braces...lots of gum and chewy candies! I think it will be a lot of fun...any candy ideas??? And THANKS everyone, I wouldn't have had the idea without all of you! :goodvibes

When I got my braces off the first thing I did was ask for candy. I wanted Bit O'Honey, Tootsie Rolls, and any gum that wasn't Freedent (didn't stick to your dental work.) I'd also recommend Jolly Ranchers, Milk Duds, and Now and Laters. Good luck with your party!

I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE this idea!!!! DD #2 is turning one in a month, but we already have a theme picked out. However, I have already informed DH that next year we will be doing a Candy Land party!!!! Thank you all for the wonderful ideas.

My DD's party is this weekend and I'm starting to get a bit nervous. DH isn't behind me in this idea (he thinks that it will be a big mess and that we'll run out of candy) but I'm determined to make it work and keep it a surprise for my DD until that day. She has to work early that morning so I'm hoping to have most of it set up and ready for when she gets home.

Here is what I have:
Skittles 3.6 lbs
Gumballs 2 lbs
Wax Bottles (filled with liquid) 72
Nerds 5 lbs
JuJu Bees 1.25 lbs
Swedish Fish 4 lbs
Tootsie Rolls 1.25 lbs
Dum Dum Gum Pops 170
Gummy Worms 2.25 lbs
Sour Gummy Worms 2.25 lbs
Twizzlers 2.25 lbs
Jelly Bellys 3 lbs
Marshmallow Ice Cream Cones 20
Root Beer Barrels 1.5 lbs
County Time Lemonade Hard Candy 6.25 lbs
Lego Sweet Tarts 2.5 lbs
Pacifier Sweet Tarts 1 lb
Rock Candy 3.25 lbs
Designer Flavor Candy Corn 4.5 lbs
Flavored Sugar to make your own Pixie Stick 3.5 lbs
Red Hots 1 lb
Jolly Ranchers (Sam's Club bag)

I really wanted to stay away from chocolate because I hope to set this up outside. The temp is supposed to be in the low 80's.

We'll have less than 100 people (more adults than children).

What do you think?

DSCF2127.jpg
[/IMG]

Woah! that picture is huge!!
Sorry still learning... That is from our 4th of July Cookout a couple of weekends ago, it was a huge hit!! I was afraid of not having enough candy but we had tons left over..

DSCF2127.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry still learning... That is from our 4th of July Cookout a couple of weekends ago, it was a huge hit!! I was afraid of not having enough candy but we had tons left over..
Very Nice! So it did all work out! I knew you would have enough! :)

DSCF2127.jpg
[/IMG]

All of the pictures look so nice. I can't wait to see my DD's face on Sat when she sees her buffet! :yay:

I'll try and post some pictures as well.

DSCF2127.jpg
[/IMG]

What did you upload your pics thru? If you use photo bucket before you click on browse to upload the pic you want right under that there is a drop down box that you can pic large med or small I believe it is automatically on large and that is why ur pic is so big that is like I said if you use ohotobucket like most of us do! Hope this helps and if you dont use photo bucket maybe the website that you use will have something similar don't worry! I did the same thing when I first uploaded mine and I found that drop down box and redid them! You have to choose small , medium or large before you pic the picture in case I didn't mention that! Hope I've helped somewhat!

We had our party this weekend and I have to say that the candy buffet was a HUGE success! We filled all of the containers while my DD was a work that morning and arranged it on our dining room table as a surprise. She LOVED it!
The party wasn't until 3pm so we moved everything outside before everyone arrived. I specifically didn't buy and chocolate but had a lot of gummy candy. None of it melted even though the temp was in the mid 80's. The kids were all very well behaved. We had treat bags for them to fill but they didn't take nearly as much as we expected. I have SO much left over but it's better than running out. The biggest hit was the fill your own Pixie Sticks.

I'm going to try and attach so of the pictures.

100_6869.jpg

100_6868.jpg

100_6867.jpg

100_6865.jpg

100_6864.jpg

100_6863.jpg

100_6862.jpg

100_6861.jpg

wow:thumbsup2 im thinking about doing this for my sons b-day party! we will have about 80-100 people there. does this cost alot of$$$ to do and where do you get the cheapest candy and the containers?

wow:thumbsup2 im thinking about doing this for my sons b-day party! we will have about 80-100 people there. does this cost alot of$$$ to do and where do you get the cheapest candy and the containers?

Our dollar store Dollar Tree is where I got my containers and lots of other containers on this thread I have seen at Dollar tree! So that maybe the way to go! Also I believe alot of ppl like myself purchased there candy at bj's or sam's club in bulk much cheaper! I would say the dollar store for that also but they tend to be small bags and those dollars add up after a few! :thumbsup2

I did this for my cousins grad party back in June and it was a huge success! I got the glass vases/jars from goodwill for like 1.00 a piece. He was excited. I dont have any pics to post, sorry.

I wanted all of ours to be in clear containers so I used glass bowls, relish dishes, vase, gravy boats... that I had at home.

I got most of the candy pretty inexpensively because most of it is from CVS, Walgreens, Target and the Factory Card Outlet. I used coupons and ECB at CVS so that there was no out of pocket cost to me. At Walgreens, I also used the $5.00 coupons that they had on-line.

CVS has a great sale this week for candy with ECB for anyone looking to do this. DD opened the ad yesterday and said "Hey mom! Look at all the candy on sale at CVS" I told her not to even think about it since we have a huge box left over. :lmao:

I finally did my candy buffet! It was a hit. We had a "Summer Fun" theme. I put the candy in sand buckets and used the shovels to scoop it out. I also made each kid a personalized bucket to put the candy in.

HaleysBirthday002.jpg

HaleysBirthday003.jpg

HaleysBirthday005.jpg

The Goody Buckets
HaleysBirthday006.jpg

And after the rush:
HaleysBirthday009.jpg

I remember looking at this thread a while back. I am back to say that I am going to have a candy buffet for my son. I am in a rut thinking about what the boys could put candy in that wouldn't be girlish and something they could keep and remember him as we wont be hear for long. I was thinking about mugs but I want something I could put their names on too like above. I am going shopping on the 28th and I can't wait! Any tips would be great tyty/

my dd went to a sweet 16 party the other night and they had the mini hershey chocolate bars with a wrapper around it (saying happy birthday) , when I took it off it was more like an address label...does anyone know what kind of lable to use and could explaine how to make them??

my dd went to a sweet 16 party the other night and they had the mini hershey chocolate bars with a wrapper around it (saying happy birthday) , when I took it off it was more like an address label...does anyone know what kind of lable to use and could explaine how to make them??

In the wedding section at Wal Mart and craft stores like Michael's, they have sets of labels for the miniatures you can buy and run through your printer and personalize them anyway you want to. I think it would be too tedious (for me anyway) to do very many of them but they are really cute when done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter