CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

my dd went to a sweet 16 party the other night and they had the mini hershey chocolate bars with a wrapper around it (saying happy birthday) , when I took it off it was more like an address label...does anyone know what kind of lable to use and could explaine how to make them??

I bought them from ebay for my DD's Sweet 16. They are fairly inexpensive and you can personalize them however you want (just do a search - there are many to choose from).

Can anyone help me with a poem for my candy buffet?
It is for an 18th Bday and I have little bags for people to fill up and take home and then cups/bowls for people to fill up to eat while they are there, and I have no idea what to do for a poem?

Are candy buffets still the "in" thing. DS graduates in May and I'm thinking of this for his open house. It is on a Sunday afternoon and this sounds like fun.

I didn't read all the posts but I'm not sure what about Sam's .....I saw a 5 or 6lb bag of hot tamales there the other day for around $5.....just a thought.

That is an awesome idea.

OMG, what a fun idea. My little girl is such a sugar baby, she would love this idea for her birthday.

I had to laugh when I saw this thread. I was the OP er!:lmao: WOw its been a year now. Just to pipe in...It was a HUGE hit. As a matter of fact my sister asked me to help her next month with her daughters 16th birthday Party candy Buffet....:lmao:

Well thanks for starting this thread! I remembered it from last year and I was looking for it earlier today. I couldn't find the search button and someone was kind enough to give me the link. I now have it bookmarked, so I don't lose it. I am planning my daughters sweet 16 birthday and this is so perfect. Thank you! :cutie:

FYI, candycrate has a 20%code with all items (BUNNY20) good through March 26. I've ordered from them before :thumbsup2 . It's a great site for old-fashion candy in bulk or by the piece.

HTH

I can't believe I read through the whole thread and it's now well after midnight. :rolleyes1 Hopefully tomorrow is a sit on my butt at the computer at work. :surfweb:

But I have to say Thanks yet again flakypuff!!! With all the money I'm saving using the CVS thread I think I'll do a candy buffet for DS' graduation. I've found a place about 45 minutes away that has much the same stuff as Oriental Trading Company and they have boxes of things like the blow-pops and tootsie rolls. I have a Dollar Tree about 20 minutes away that I can start finding containers now.

I had to laugh when I saw this thread. I was the OP er!:lmao: WOw its been a year now. Just to pipe in...It was a HUGE hit. As a matter of fact my sister asked me to help her next month with her daughters 16th birthday Party candy Buffet....:lmao:

Thanks so much for this great idea. I think I am going to combine a salad buffet/candy buffet for our graduation party.

My daughter graduates from high school the end of May. I'm reviving this thread because I need some more inspiration. Does anyone have anymore pictures they can post? I can't believe it's that time already. Her favorite color is orange. Her favorite candy is skittles. Hmm....

Are candy buffets still the "in" thing. DS graduates in May and I'm thinking of this for his open house. It is on a Sunday afternoon and this sounds like fun.
Before I was laid off, a department at my work moved to a new building; and had an open house to celebrate. They had a candy buffet in their warehouse! The usual stuff - M&M, Skittles, Kisses, Hot Tamales, peppermints, butterscotch candies, Werthers, etc. with mini Chinese take-out boxes to put the candy in. They used giant martini glasses to display everything in and it was really cool.

Those are great pictures, but one thing I am doing is going with all wrapped candy. I don't know, but all those kids and non wrapped candy is just :scared1:!!

I found NO candy after Easter this year. I had it all picked out but it was gone!

I am doing retro candy bowls and have found your dollar type stores to have a bigger and cheaper selection than Cracker Barrel that gave me the idea!

To the OP - do you have any pictures? I did a candy buffet for DD's 11 birthday last month. Her theme was "Movie Night". I'll post a couple of pictures when I get home (no access at work.) The colors were red and black.

We only had 8 girls - so didn't need loads of candy. I also got lucky and was at Martin's (grocery store) the Sunday after Valentines' - and they had their bulk candy 90% off! I went crazy! We had red hots, suckers, chocolates, etc. etc. I also got a bunch of stuff at the Dollar Tree - like ring pops, marshmallow braids, pixie sticks, etc.

The girls (and their Moms) LOVED the "candy buffet"! They all thought it was very cool!

I'll try to post a pic over the weekend. I did one as a surprise for my dd's 14th b-day sleepover. Only about 12 girls so not quite such a huge amount of candy needed.

There were two key things - make the table look elegant. Her fav colors are pink and purple. I was able I was able to find some clearance fabric in a great tri-colored pink sheer fabric. I double layered it so that the table couldn’t be seen through it. Then I found a sheer white fabric with silver designs on it that I used two table runners going width-wise rather than the length of the table. I found scraps of other fabrics and ribbons in purple, bright pink and lime green that coordinated but really set off the table.

Also, a decorating tip from design school – make sure you have multiple heights of containers on the table for a more dramatic effect. I used some bowls that were only a few inches off the table and some containers that stood twelve inches tall. I tied ribbons around some of the containers. Other containers were actually sitting on boxes covered in contrasting fabric. That added more drama to the height differences.

Since ours was a small group I was able to get most of the containers at the dollar store. One key is to think creatively. I used candle holders for small candies like Skittles and a large flower vase for licorice whips. A decorative drinking glass worked great for Pixie Sticks. I went with all clear glass containers and it looked amazing.

The candy was the most expensive part for certain. I bought a couple of boxes of nice Russel Stover candy and placed them on a dish for a “fancy” candy. All of the other candy was non-chocolate.

The girls (and their moms) were stunned when they walked in since it was an eight foot long directly in their line of vision when the walked in.

Thanks for starting this thread last year. It made me want to do this and it was a perfect surprise for dd’s b-day party. Now, her 8th grade grad party is coming up and I’m trying to decide if I want to do it for a larger group. Mostly I’m afraid because I’ll have 7 kids under the age of 8 and I think they’ll all just stand there and eat candy all day and become little sugar crazy creatures!!!

Oriental trading sells alot of graduation candy!( and cheap) I got some stuff from them for my DD's graduation party candy buffet last year the pictures are posted on here somewhere! I can repost if you like! I also had Full size candy wrappers made up and put those on the candy buffett we did alot of candies they liked when they were younger ! I also seen that someone said their dd's favorite color was orange you can special order M&m's that are orange! Then there is Orange slices, what about the fruit flavored tootsie rolls they are pastel colors like orange , lemon, lime and vanilla.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter