CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

Thanks for the pictures. The set up looked great. I'm glad to hear the party was a success. And congrats to the Grad.

102_6972-1.jpg

102_6982-1.jpg

102_6973-1.jpg

102_6970-1.jpg

102_6969-1.jpg

102_6968-1.jpg

102_6966-1.jpg

i found 2 for a $1 BIG swirly suckers at my local dollar store....cant wait to use them for our anniversary party in sept

that looks awesome!! I love the little containers you used!! how many guests did you have and any leftovers??

ours is gonna be July 12 but we are doing mostly unwrapped candies because it's a huge family cookout and I have enough mess to clean up after all the guests leave that the thought of all those wrappers makes me sick! I think the only candy I have that is wrapped is Salt Water Taffy.

that looks awesome!! I love the little containers you used!! how many guests did you have and any leftovers??

ours is gonna be July 12 but we are doing mostly unwrapped candies because it's a huge family cookout and I have enough mess to clean up after all the guests leave that the thought of all those wrappers makes me sick! I think the only candy I have that is wrapped is Salt Water Taffy.

Thanks! I got them at our local Dollar Tree. And the Chinese take out containers I actually purchased on Ebay! They were the school colors. We had about 50 guests! All of mine were wrapped except the flavored twizzlers! I wasn't to creative with the setup but I was running tight on time! But for the most part I was happy with it! And yes we did have some leftovers but i'm sure with my daughter and her friends it will be gone in the next few days! It wasn't a hole lot but enough. And believe me all the kids and adults filled up before they left! It was a HIT with ALL!!

I have been raking my brain for weeks to come up with something special for my DD graduation party...
I am keeping my fingers crossed for the nice weather.
I have a few tents..
I was thinking......popcorn::
There is going to be 70-85 pp..kids and adults...and Senior Friends of my DD....
I have a chocolate fountian,,:rolleyes1 now I want to do a Buffet. I know they do them at weddings but I have never seen one before.
I need to keep it BUDGET.....
Her colors are purple, yellow, white black but I dont need to stay to those colors at all...the multi colors seem more fun anyway..
I dont want to get into alot of chocolate because I have the fountian.....
I think I will close off one of the small 8ft tents with the side so no one peaks...then set it up with all pretty twinkle lights:banana:
to make it a show stopper I need lots of candy....why didnt I think of it when they were clearing out Easter:headache:
Please guys I need every penny saving idea you have.....I am going to use big Martini glasses and clear glass jars. I am going to get small little boxes and they can use those for a goody bags...I mean little like the size of a computer mouse.popcorn:: :grouphug:

I have to Thank You for posting this or else I wouldn't have gotten so many compliments from so many people at The Graduation Party! It was a huge hit and I got the idea from your post so I have to Thank You! Everyone and I mean everyone young and Old Loved it! I'm thinking of doing this for my DS's Bday in February because it's always so cold and it's hard to be creative so it would be neat and he'll be 10! So anyone doing bday parties please post your pics so i can see! And thanks again! OP it was awesome!

Awesome buffet !! you had a great variety of candy !

Here are pics of my buffet from yesterday

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

Thanks for posting your pictures, The table looks great- I Like how you put the tootsie rolls on the bottom on the jar with the lollipops on top!

We attended a reception last night - the first candy buffet I had ever seen.
They had a very "beachy" wedding. The candy was in sand buckets from the dollar store. You scooped it out with a little sand shovel. The boxes were chinese take-out containers from Oriental Trading, and they had put their names and date on stickers to stick on the side.
They had Kisses, mini Hershey bars, runts, M&Ms (personalized), doublebubble gum, and a few others. It was ADORABLE!

Poohbear-your table looks awesome! Did you have it available all through out the party? Did they use it as a favor? I notice those bags- is that what they used to gather the candy? I love those containers- where did you get them. Mine is July 20th-still in planning stages.

Thanks Laurie

I got all the containers at 2 different dollar stores, the little bags were from Target and that's what everyone collected their candy in, I know the bags look kind of big but they're not at all & were perfect size !

I kept the buffet covered until about an hour after dinner was done, I had all the grads come over and then unveiled it to lots of OOOhhhhhhhhs & Wows :rotfl2: everyone loved it and I already have my containers reserved for 2 people to use for their parties :woohoo:

Thanks Laurie

I got all the containers at 2 different dollar stores, the little bags were from Target and that's what everyone collected their candy in, I know the bags look kind of big but they're not at all & were perfect size !

I kept the buffet covered until about an hour after dinner was done, I had all the grads come over and then unveiled it to lots of OOOhhhhhhhhs & Wows :rotfl2: everyone loved it and I already have my containers reserved for 2 people to use for their parties :woohoo:

very impressive :worship:

OK! Any New Pics out there that haven't been posted yet? I'm dying to see some more!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter