Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

Does anyone know when they release the dates to start reserving the dinner packages? We will be there Thanksgiving week, and my reservation window opens up on Tuesday. We will be going to CP on Nov. 26, the first day it is offerred, but if the schedule is not out, will they let us reserve it? If they won't let us reserve the package, do we just make an ADR at the restaurant we want, and just switch it over to the package when they come out? Sorry for so many questions, this is our first opportunity to go during the holidays, and this CP package is a first for us. TIA

Last year it was Sept..But last year adrs were 90 days out.Not sure when they will do it this year

Does anyone know when they release the dates to start reserving the dinner packages? We will be there Thanksgiving week, and my reservation window opens up on Tuesday. We will be going to CP on Nov. 26, the first day it is offerred, but if the schedule is not out, will they let us reserve it? If they won't let us reserve the package, do we just make an ADR at the restaurant we want, and just switch it over to the package when they come out? Sorry for so many questions, this is our first opportunity to go during the holidays, and this CP package is a first for us. TIA

We will be there Nov. 18 - 27th and I called to make my ADR's this morning. We also are planning on doing the CP on 11/26. I asked about booking it and the CM said it wasn't available to book yet, but should be soon since the 180 day window for the 26th is quickly approaching. I plan to just watch these boards closely for info and call as soon as I see they have been released. :thumbsup2
She didn't say anything about making an ADR at the restaurant first and then switching it over - not sure about that since I also have never done the CP before. Anyone know? :confused3

We did this last year and called when it openned and had no problem getting a place. However, Lecellier was impossible to get (for dinner). Our dinner was early (3:30PM), which put us in the 5:00ish CP show (which is what we wanted). Remember, last year CP went to 2TS credits pp, so I'm guessing that will be the same again this year.

No telling what the procedure will be this year. Before 2009 they were all released together and you could call and book for whenever you wanted. In 2009 you had to call 90 days ahead like any other reservation. This year it is 180 days, and nothing regarding CP packages has been released yet.

She didn't say anything about making an ADR at the restaurant first and then switching it over - not sure about that since I also have never done the CP before.

The package is a totally separate booking. Having a regular reservation for any particular restaurant will not help you snag a package, as it has to be booked specifically as a package and can't be added on to a regular reservation. Having a previously made reservation will help you only if you want to eat at that restaurant anyway even if you cannot get a CP package there.

My mom is visiting wdw for thanksgiving and I believe the candlelight shows start right after thanksgiving but that they aren't yet available to book.

Does she make a dining reservation at one of the candlelight restaurants first and then ring to add the candlelight package later on or does she have to wait until the candlelight packages come out and book the restaurant then?

Sorry not sure how it works - many thanks for any info!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

She would have to reserve the package specifically and that can't be done until they are released for booking. The package is completely separate from a regular reservation. You can't add a package to an already booked reservation.

Having a previously booked regular restaurant reservation will not give you an advantage regarding booking the packages.

Last year they were booked at 90 days out like all other reservations, but this year with the reservation booking reverted to 180 days, there isn't anything from Disney yet about the packages.

thanks ever so much for replying :lovestruc- I had just read your reply on another thread with the same question, and was about to apologise for my double post - but you were so quick you beat me to it.:goodvibes

But thank you anyway!!:thumbsup2

I know I've booked CP pkg in August. And that was when you could book 90 and 180 days prior. I'm just not sure what they're doing as far as booking dates this year. Obviously, we're past the 180 day mark for booking.
But, don't worry. Disney holds back a lot of tables for CP pkg people. So even if people are already booking ADRs for the Epcot restaurants now, it shouldn't impact the CP pkg ADRs.

WDW now has the info up on their website

However when I called the CM wasn't able to book it because it wasn't in their system yet! :sad2:

I'll be trying again soon. I know they open at 7am, but how late is Dining open?

When do they usually release the list of narrators for CP? That may depend on which night I would consider booking the package. I'm 184 days out right now so I can make ADRs anything because I'm stay at a Disney property.

They release a tentative list end of June/beginning of July. I say tentative,because I have never seen the list stay the same from first announcement until the actual performances. Just remember that your narrator can change on a moment's notice.

It's hard to eat your money's worth on the CP dinner packages. I'd rather stand at the back than wait in a long line for a reserved seating area.

When I first booked the CP dinner package in 2001, you also got a 15% Epcot merchandise discount the day of your dinner. THAT was worth buying the dinner package!

We also did the package last year and we waited in line for about an hour, but we had very good seats. Keep in mind that depending on which restaurant you eat at will determine where you are allowed to sit at the CP. We ate at Tutto Italia which is in the most expensive category, so we could basically sit anywhere. I don't know how much they enforce the sections if you eat at one of the other category restaurants. We went to the latest showing of CP and I agree that it was a rush to make it around for Illuminations. We were near the back of the group, so we did not have a very good view. We would definitely do it again for the CP but wouldn't worry about making it to the viewing location for Illuminations.

We also did the package last year and we waited in line for about an hour, but we had very good seats. Keep in mind that depending on which restaurant you eat at will determine where you are allowed to sit at the CP. We ate at Tutto Italia which is in the most expensive category, so we could basically sit anywhere.

Amber - this is actually incorrect. Where you eat/how much you pay has nothing to do with where you sit in the theatre. The only thing that determines your seat is when you choose to get in the line.

When does the window open to book the CP package, and what are this year's dates for the performances? We are staying on property, arriving on December 17th. June 20th is 180 days before.

I stronlgy reccomend getting the package. Based on my one time experience, mind you. We were in line almost an hour early (granted it was later in December so it was more popular) and ended up near the center and about 3 rows from the back. Based on the number of people lined up behind us I cannot imagine that anyone in standby seating was able to enter but I can't cofirm that. I just know that we were about half way in the line and the seating was close to 2/3 full when we were seated.

And the performance. My goodness it was wonderful but I'm a softy. It brought tears to my eyes and made my heart glad. My tender hearted DS15 put a hand on my shoulder towards the end because he saw me tearing up and that was the end of me. Full on blubbering but I digress. That has nothing to do with appetizers and entrees.

Enjoy!

I am thinking about doing this but curious on little ones. We have three kids with the oldest being 5 years old (all two years apart). Will they enjoy it too or am I better off leaving the kiddies with the mother-in-law and just going with my DW?

I am thinking about doing this but curious on little ones. We have three kids with the oldest being 5 years old (all two years apart). Will they enjoy it too or am I better off leaving the kiddies with the mother-in-law and just going with my DW?

I would leave the kids behind. By the time you wait to enter and then sit thru the show I think kids are going to be very antsy. I am on the undecided list with my 9yr old. After an hour of church she is ready to run, let alone at Disney she is going to want to play instead. (We MADE her watch a little of Little Richard during the Food and Wine in 2007, that is a priceless picture. She is fuming with her knees pulled up to her chest, glaring at the camera.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter