Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

Thanks for the replies. This information helps with our decision-making, as we only have one day devoted to Epcot. We would probably prefer to tour the rest of the World Showcase rather than waiting in line for an hour to see the Candlelight Processional - as I don't think we'd be able to do both (Epcot is only open until 9:30 the day we visit and we're planning on having dinner @ the Biergarten).

If you had to choose between attending the Candlelight Processional or seeing all of the World Showcase (assuming you couldn't do both), which would you recommend?

Thanks

Is this a new addition? The last time we went was Dec 2007, and we booked the CP dinner package, but I don't remember hearing anything about Illuminations!

If you do the 8:15 show,you are basically S.O.L. for Illuminations because the "exclusive viewing area" is in front of the 2 stores at the foot of the World Showcase Lagoon. You get less than 15 minutes from the end of the CP to get to the viewing area for the start of Illuminations.

You can see & hear the CP without sitting in the theater. Obviously, you can't see as well, but you can see. If you do opt for a package, I think it's more cost effective to get a lunch and pay OOP. The lines are generally much shorter for the earlier performances (especially the first one), particularly on weekdays.

couple of questions :

Do I book this when I call to book my other ADR's? Or do I need to call a different department?

How much time do I give myself? If we want to do the 8pm CP what time do we eat? Do they have certain dinner times to choose from?

We will be doing it the first day (day after Thanksgiving) so I'm expecting lots of crowds and know we'll have to line up very early, even w/ the dinner package.

TIA! :thumbsup2

couple of questions :

Do I book this when I call to book my other ADR's? Or do I need to call a different department?

How much time do I give myself? If we want to do the 8pm CP what time do we eat? Do they have certain dinner times to choose from?

We will be doing it the first day (day after Thanksgiving) so I'm expecting lots of crowds and know we'll have to line up very early, even w/ the dinner package.

TIA! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting this thread! I need to know these answers too! I was just told the dates aren't usually released until late summer, so we have a while to wait! :eek:

You can check out last year's info. at www.allearsnet.com

couple of questions :

You book it when you book your ADRs.

You'll be given a time frame to book within. I've only done the 5:00 show (which is a lunch) and the time frame for that is 1:45 to 2:45. Based on that, I would guess that the time frame for the 8:00 show is 4:45 to 5:45.

You book it when you book your ADRs.

You'll be given a time frame to book within. I've only done the 5:00 show (which is a lunch) and the time frame for that is 1:45 to 2:45. Based on that, I would guess that the time frame for the 8:00 show is 4:45 to 5:45.

Thank you!!! :worship:

Remember, last year they changed this to a 2TS credit if using your DDP. We did it last year and dropped the DDP when this change started. We paid OOP since there was no TiW discount either.

You can't actually book until the release the dates and performers. This may be less than 180, so you may have to watch the boards.

I would plan at least 3 hours before your designated time of the show. That way, you'll have enough time to eat before having to get in line.

I went last year with my DH to Teppan Edo. After dinner, we actually lined up to enter into the American Pavilion for the show. If you want an up front seat, you have to be in line 1-1 1/2 hours ahead of the show.

We got in line about 45 minutes to 1 hour before and were pretty far back in line. However, we still got an excellent seat. I got to see Whoopie and it was something I'll never forget.

You can't actually book until the release the dates and performers. This may be less than 180, so you may have to watch the boards.

I would plan at least 3 hours before your designated time of the show. That way, you'll have enough time to eat before having to get in line.

I went last year with my DH to Teppan Edo. After dinner, we actually lined up to enter into the American Pavilion for the show. If you want an up front seat, you have to be in line 1-1 1/2 hours ahead of the show.

We got in line about 45 minutes to 1 hour before and were pretty far back in line. However, we still got an excellent seat. I got to see Whoopie and it was something I'll never forget.

Thank you for this information! :thumbsup2 Very good to know! I'll be watching carefully for them to announce the dates/performers - I guess its a good thing I'm on these boards constantly! :laughing:

It's kinda hard when u are vacationing at the begining of Dec and having to wait for park hours & the CP dining packages to be available as well :headache: :surfweb:

I can't make any definate plans until those Dec park hours are released. I sure hope they do them like they did for November and release them before June 1st.

Looking forward to this trip, it will be my first with all the holiday events going on I am so :cheer2: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :jumping1:

It's kinda hard when u are vacationing at the begining of Dec and having to wait for park hours & the CP dining packages to be available as well :headache: :surfweb:

I can't make any definate plans until those Dec park hours are released. I sure hope they do them like they did for November and release them before June 1st.

Looking forward to this trip, it will be my first with all the holiday events going on I am so :cheer2: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :jumping1:

Park hours for December have been released: http://www.disneytravelagents.com/S.../pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_dec.pdf

Generally, CP starts booking in Aug. If you want the 8pm show, plan on an adr between 4-5. Book a back-up adr now and cancel it, if/when, you get CP. The 8pm is the most popular, you will most likley not be able to book online, so call very early when they open it up.

Does anyone have an idea when we can book the CP Dining Package. We will be in WDW Nov 24 thru Dec 4. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter