Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

Never been so this might be a crazy question? If I am assigned a later show for my party (4 adults 1 infant) and someone else on the same date wants a late show and was assigned earlier could we essentially swap? Are they link to Magic Bands or is there a paper ticket.

I have 3 different CP packages booked right now til I can discuss with my in laws tonight what to drop and all of them have like the 8:15 showing when 5 or 6:45 would be better with my DD (2)

May I ask what dates / meals you are holding? If they are going to be dropped tonight, we may be interested in coordinating. :) Thanks!

I'm hoping for a ROL package too, but on the site it looks like they're still a few months back! :(

Yeah they just released October. I'm following along on that thread for updates too!

Count me in on this as well. I know I could FP it, but I really don't like to be tied to an evening FP. Guessing at this rate, it'll be August when I'm trying to snag a ROL pkg for December.

I'm trying to make a reservation for our party of 5 for the CP dinner package and can't get the time we want. If I search for a party of 6 it shows as available. If I book for 6 and only show up with 5 will I have to pay for the one no show ?
Thanks...

Never been so this might be a crazy question? If I am assigned a later show for my party (4 adults 1 infant) and someone else on the same date wants a late show and was assigned earlier could we essentially swap? Are they link to Magic Bands or is there a paper ticket.

I have 3 different CP packages booked right now til I can discuss with my in laws tonight what to drop and all of them have like the 8:15 showing when 5 or 6:45 would be better with my DD (2)

You can't swap as in changing the name on the reservation. You could certainly just give them the reservation number & the name it is under. But that is a big gamble to do with a stranger. If they no show, or don't cancel in the 48 hour time frame, your credit card will be charged the full price. You would also be gambling that they don't cancel the reservation they gave you. Not really a good way to go unless you really trust the other party.

I'm trying to make a reservation for our party of 5 for the CP dinner package and can't get the time we want. If I search for a party of 6 it shows as available. If I book for 6 and only show up with 5 will I have to pay for the one no show ?
Thanks...

No as long as part of the party shows up you will be just fine :)

I happened to be up with a screaming baby at 5:00 a.m. CST, so I hopped on my phone to see if the CP packages had been released and was able to grab a 1:40 Via Napoli on 12/11 but there were otherwise very slim pickings that date. I tried to call at 7:00 a.m. EST to check on other restaurants/times and after getting an estimate my hold time would be over 60 minutes, I punted and decided to stick with what I got. What a stressful ADR season for this trip!

You can't swap as in changing the name on the reservation. You could certainly just give them the reservation number & the name it is under. But that is a big gamble to do with a stranger. If they no show, or don't cancel in the 48 hour time frame, your credit card will be charged the full price. You would also be gambling that they don't cancel the reservation they gave you. Not really a good way to go unless you really trust the other party.

I know on the Dec Cancellation Thread we just coordinate - say PM if you want to coordinate... then it is usually something like, I will cancel this reservation at 7 p.m. ET, so then the person wanting it can go on almost real-time and snag it. It doesn't always work, but it has plenty of times. :)

I was thinking this too and then I had a thought...his kids are now school aged. From what I was reading, his twins started Kindergarten last year. I know his family tends to vacation a bit at WDW around his CP gig, so maybe he's decided to push for later in the season so it dosn't impact their school schedule as much. Just a thought :)

Darn NPH thinking about his kids instead of us!! Haha!!!:rotfl2:
This is our first CP and from past years, NPH has usually been there at the time we are going so I was looking forward to the chance to see him. Oh well. I am still excited for whoever we may get!!!

I know on the Dec Cancellation Thread we just coordinate - say PM if you want to coordinate... then it is usually something like, I will cancel this reservation at 7 p.m. ET, so then the person wanting it can go on almost real-time and snag it. It doesn't always work, but it has plenty of times. :)

Oh no I'm not wanting to cancel just see if I go to my dining reservation but I am assigned a show time for CP at 8:15 and someone else that same day wants that time and has a CP show time of 5? Could we swap showtimes only?

May I ask what dates / meals you are holding? If they are going to be dropped tonight, we may be interested in coordinating. :) Thanks!

Sure and they will be cancelled tomorrow morning or Monday at the latest

I have an 11/25 Garden Grill lunch at 11:35 am (most likely keeping this one)

11/26 San Angel Inn 4:30 8:15 showing (pretty sure this one is going to be dropped)

11/30 San Angel Inn 3:20pm 6:45 showing (one the fence over this one as I like the show time better and we already have Epcot as our Thursday day)

Oh no I'm not wanting to cancel just see if I go to my dining reservation but I am assigned a show time for CP at 8:15 and someone else that same day wants that time and has a CP show time of 5? Could we swap showtimes only?

Oops, sorry. I thought you were asking about swapping the whole adr. I haven't been to CP since before magic bands. But they did give us some kind of badge/ sticker to wear with your CP show on it. I would expect it to be similar so in order to swap with someone, you would have to actually meet up with them & swap the badge/ sticker. Hopefully someone who has been with magic bands will answer.

I was thinking this too and then I had a thought...his kids are now school aged. From what I was reading, his twins started Kindergarten last year. I know his family tends to vacation a bit at WDW around his CP gig, so maybe he's decided to push for later in the season so it dosn't impact their school schedule as much. Just a thought :)

Pixie Dust for me!!!!:santa:

I spoke to a cast member (I know some people feel they are not always in the know) and she told me not all locations (GG, Bom Voyage, Akershus) have been made available for CP packages yet.

Can anyone confirm/deny this? Has anyone gotten one of these locations yet?

This is our first CP and from past years, NPH has usually been there at the time we are going so I was looking forward to the chance to see him. Oh well. I am still excited for whoever we may get!!!

This is going to be our first time going to CP. We had the chance in 2010, but my kids were 2 and 4 back then and I knew they wouldn't sit through it. I was really hoping for NPH, but thought I was way too late in the season to catch him. Still, it's early and we know these things can change. Hopefully, you'll get someone awesome for your dates :)

Can anyone confirm/deny this? Has anyone gotten one of these locations yet?

Yep that is what I was told a few hours ago. I have to go to work in an hour so this is going to be a VERY long day as I've been up for hours and going to spend a majority of my day looking for my dining reservation and I work OT

Your loss is our gain:yay: We will be there on the 19th.

Is anyone able to book Dec. 28th or beyond? Looks like they will have shows then but I can't click those dates on the calendar.

ETA: Ah! It's those dates are not 180 yet!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter