Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

We got Laurie Hernandez. I had no idea who she was so I googled her. I’m kind of bummed and thinking about cancelling my package. I would have LOVED Kurt Russell.

OK, not loving our choices, who would you pick, Laurie Hernandez, Matt Bomer, Ana Gastteyer?, or Whoopi? Hmmmmmmmm

we have laurie hernandez, i had no idea who she was either. I am just happy the list is finished and i wont have to wonder anymore. I don't think any re-telling of the birth of Jesus could be bad.

o_O

We changed our flight time to come down earlier to be able to see Ms Hernandez! :banana:

Earned Gold & Silver Olympic medals, a charming young woman & a great role model. A heroine to many budding gymnasts:thumbsup2. Many might recall her from competing on Dancing with the Stars if nothing else I suppose.

She carries herself with poise & grace in her public appearances and will be an asset to this year's line up IMO.

I was happy when she was announced, especially as I was totally unfamiliar with Mr Bomer. Ms Gastteyer just seems to be a juxtaposition to me with the event based upon what i remember from her work on SNL, although I'm sure both are lovely people and will do a fine job.

Is it possible to choose your show time when you do the dining package? Or are you just assigned a show time?

Is it possible to choose your show time when you do the dining package? Or are you just assigned a show time?
Your showtime is based on your meal time. The earlier your ADR, the earlier your show will be. Eat late and see the last show. The exact times vary by restaurant.
We wanted the middle show because I didn't know if the early one would really be dark enough to appreciate the candlelight when we go on the 1st weekend. And we have a 1 yr old who will be asleep by the late show.
So I called rather than trying to book online and asked for restaurant availability for our party of 7 on our Epcot day which would give us tickets for the 6:45 processional. The CM gave me all available times at each restaurant that would work for us, including ones where we could be accommodated at 2 tables if we were willing to split up.

Your showtime is based on your meal time. The earlier your ADR, the earlier your show will be. Eat late and see the last show. The exact times vary by restaurant.
We wanted the middle show because I didn't know if the early one would really be dark enough to appreciate the candlelight when we go on the 1st weekend. And we have a 1 yr old who will be asleep by the late show.
So I called rather than trying to book online and asked for restaurant availability for our party of 7 on our Epcot day which would give us tickets for the 6:45 processional. The CM gave me all available times at each restaurant that would work for us, including ones where we could be accommodated at 2 tables if we were willing to split up.

Hm interesting. Our Biergarten reservation is for 12pm and we got put in the 8:15pm show. Was just trying to figure out how they placed you in shows.

Hm interesting. Our Biergarten reservation is for 12pm and we got put in the 8:15pm show. Was just trying to figure out how they placed you in shows.
I'm actually confused now myself. My earlier comment was what I was told when making my phone reservation. But I just looked back in this thread and saw someone else made a breakfast res and has the late show. So I have to confess my info may be faulty.

I'm actually confused now myself. My earlier comment was what I was told when making my phone reservation. But I just looked back in this thread and saw someone else made a breakfast res and has the late show. So I have to confess my info may be faulty.
And here I was excited that my first comment was going to be helpful.:o

Ha, that's ok. It does seem very confusing. I'm ok with the later showing. My wife and I were just throwing around the idea of trying to get into the frozen dessert party and an 8:15 candlelight show would get in the way of that.

o_O

We changed our flight time to come down earlier to be able to see Ms Hernandez! :banana:

Earned Gold & Silver Olympic medals, a charming young woman & a great role model. A heroine to many budding gymnasts:thumbsup2. Many might recall her from competing on Dancing with the Stars if nothing else I suppose.

She carries herself with poise & grace in her public appearances and will be an asset to this year's line up IMO.

I was happy when she was announced, especially as I was totally unfamiliar with Mr Bomer. Ms Gastteyer just seems to be a juxtaposition to me with the event based upon what i remember from her work on SNL, although I'm sure both are lovely people and will do a fine job.

I don't know anyone from Gymnastics....or Dancing With the Stars. I don't watch much tv, so I am woefully uninformed about "stars". I would have been happy with anyone, and am really only looking forward to narration and music. I think my girls (9&17) will appreciate her youth and be rather excited to see someone like them up there!

You need to see what time pops up.

If you call into dining can request a specific time but no guarantees

We had a 2:30 pm lunch at coral reef for eat to beat with earliest show. Upon checking in was told we could switch to the 2nd but last wasn't available

Who would you pick...Pat Sajak or Jodie Benson? We love wheel of fortune, but I’ve heard great things about Jodie Benson. I will fully admit that I didn’t know who she was till I looked her up.

Just an update, we saw Laurie Hernandez on 11/24 at 6:45. I thought she was very good, read clearly and didn't falter once. As I thought, my girls were excited to see someone young and thought it was "cool". They weren't too excited about the CP in general so this helped a bit. In the past I have seen Trace Atkins whose twang added a little something and James Edward Almos who switched back and forth between Spanish/English....but both of those guys are seasoned performers. While Laurie may not have been as exciting, I think she did a great job and would have no objections to seeing her again.

I hope everyone coming up enjoys their shows!

If anyone has trouble finding a reservation for the CP Dining package, check the night before. I just looked and availability is wide open for tomorrow. Pretty much every restaurant has availability for lunch and dinner.

I guess the hoarders were finally forced to release their reservations.

ETA...there are even 8am PPO ADRs available for Akershus and Garden Grill.

so jealous that some of you have the options of Ana Gasteyer. She was AMAZING in Wicked in the role of Elphaba and I can imagine her narration would be beautiful.

Not to complain since I have reservations with CCH Pounder and Chandra Wilson. Enjoy both of them so just need to decide which works best with my schedule, or if I want to see it twice. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!