Cancelled Wish Cruise and Received a Survey From DCL

ITGirl50

DIS Veteran
I cancelled a Feb Wish cruise on Friday.

Today I received a survey from DCL asking me why I cancelled.

There were several options to choose from like COVID, cost, poor customer service at the call center etc,

My reason for canceling was because the adult areas are too small. It was not an option, but Other was listed and I was able to input it and choose a couple others (like cost and poor customer service). Then it asked me to pick the number one reason for cancelling and my Other answer (adult areas too small) was on the list.

Maybe DCL cares people aren’t happy with the new ship?? It also asked if we booked on a different cruise line.

I think if it wasn’t for having 3 other family members involved in my reservation, I would cancel my upcoming September Wish cruise, This 2 day prior COVID testing is a step I feel unnecessary, I have all VAXes and ALL boosters and feel my card and a swab test at the port is sufficient. I would also prefer going on the Dream and not dealing with the new ship

I hope DCL learns its lesson and puts more consideration and effort into ship design next time, with the overall guest experience in mind. Like Disney used to be famous for doing, back in the day...

Tbh I don't think they're even capable of it anymore. They've let their best imagineers go, and have different priorities now.

Last edited:

I cancelled my wish cruising and booked the Dream. It was because of cost. The Dream VGT rates were less half the cost of an inside on the Wish.
I did receive a survey after our Magic cruise and the last question on the survey asked if anyone in our party identified as lgbtq+ . What does someone’s sexual orientation have to do with the quality of the cruise?

Last edited:
I did receive a survey after our Magic cruise and the last question on the survey asked if anyone in our party identified as lgbtq+ . What does someone’s sexual orientation have to do with the quality of the cruise?
Maybe they are thinking about adding activities. Gay Days at Sea or something like that?

I was surprised to learn that some Wish cruises already have GT availability. I wouldn't have expected that for a brand-new ship.

I'm glad this is all happening, though, and hope DCL learns its lesson and puts more consideration and effort into ship design next time, with the overall guest experience in mind. Like Disney used to be famous for doing, back in the day...

Tbh I don't think they're even capable of it anymore. They've let their best imagineers go, and have different priorities now.

If you don’t mind, could you point me to which Wish cruises have GT availability? I wasn’t able to find them on the DCL site.

Also agree with your points about imagineering…I’m hoping Lighthouse Point maintains the details and design from Joe Rohde but that appears to be wishful thinking based on Disney’s recent projects.

I was surprised to learn that some Wish cruises already have GT availability. I wouldn't have expected that for a brand-new ship.

I'm glad this is all happening, though, and hope DCL learns its lesson and puts more consideration and effort into ship design next time, with the overall guest experience in mind. Like Disney used to be famous for doing, back in the day...

There are currently no "GT" rates available on any Wish sailing. Only Port Canaveral sailings with discounts are the Fantasy
1660476657692.png

I think if it wasn’t for having 3 other family members involved in my reservation, I would cancel my upcoming September Wish cruise, This 2 day prior COVID testing is a step I feel unnecessary, I have all VAXes and ALL boosters and feel my card and a swab test at the port is sufficient. I would also prefer going on the Dream and not dealing with the new
There are currently no "GT" rates available on any Wish sailing. Only Port Canaveral sailings with discounts are the Fantasy
View attachment 693579
Not quite correct. They are just making them a little harder to find. I picked a random upcoming sailing of WISH and found VGT both 6a/6b and am able to find them on several other dates.

4-Night Very Merrytime Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral​

Nov 28 - Dec 2, 2022

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah​

Sleeps 3 to 4 - Approximately 243 sq. ft., including Verandah
Private Verandah
Starting from
3,350USD
$3,350USD
Rate Details

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah - Guaranteed​

Decks 6 and 7 - Category 06B
Sleeps 3 to 4 - 243 sq. ft. including verandah
Private Verandah
Starting from
3,358USD
$3,358USD
Rate Details

• We choose the stateroom for you.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah - Guaranteed​

Decks 8 and 9 - Category 06A
    Sleeps 3 to 4 - 243 sq. ft. including verandah
    Private Verandah
    Starting from
    3,414USD
    $3,414USD
    Rate Details

• Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah​

Sleeps 4 to 5 - Approximately 284 sq. ft., including Verandah
    Private Verandah
    Starting from
    3,710USD
    $3,710USD
    Rate Details

I cancelled my wish cruising and booked the Dream. It was because of cost. The Dream VGT rates were less half the cost of an inside on the Wish.
Some of the ports DCL uses are not particularly gay-friendly, and Nassau where they stop more than any other port is one of them. If someone indicates they had a poor shore experience, that may be why.

Some of the ports DCL uses are not particularly gay-friendly, and Nassau where they stop more than any other port is one of them. If someone indicates they had a poor shore experience, that may be why.
This is true. One of a couple of reasons we were planning to stay on ship during the Nassau stop.

Yes I recently saw GTY sailings also. I was shocked.

On another note when I called to cancel 1 portion of the B2b scheduled. The CM
did ask me why. I just said since it is Christmas time we decided to add that portion to
WDW instead. I did add relative to COST the other ships seem better value.

Last edited:

The same reason they ask you your race/ethnicity/income/etc. To determine the demographics of their customers and use that data to plan offerings and marketing strategy.

View attachment 693579
I see. Another poster had responded to me in another thread saying 9/5 on the Wish had GT and I took his word for it. Just checked and those are GTY. That poster apparently didn't know the difference. Lesson learned on taking people's word for it.

Last edited:
Just good marketing. I am assuming the OP hasn't cruised on the Wish yet. I can see why they might be interested in someone canceling without going on the ship first.

I think if it wasn’t for having 3 other family members involved in my reservation, I would cancel my upcoming September Wish cruise, This 2 day prior COVID testing is a step I feel unnecessary, I have all VAXes and ALL boosters and feel my card and a swab test at the port is sufficient. I would also prefer going on the Dream and not dealing with the new ship
You can get a swab test at the port instead of testing two days before the cruise. That option has always been available.

I cancelled a Feb Wish cruise on Friday.

Today I received a survey from DCL asking me why I cancelled.

There were several options to choose from like COVID, cost, poor customer service at the call center etc,

My reason for canceling was because the adult areas are too small. It was not an option, but Other was listed and I was able to input it and choose a couple others (like cost and poor customer service). Then it asked me to pick the number one reason for cancelling and my Other answer (adult areas too small) was on the list.

Maybe DCL cares people aren’t happy with the new ship?? It also asked if we booked on a different cruise line.
Have you sailed on the wish already? Or you are canceling based on videos/reviews that say the adult area is too small?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter