Canadian Resident Offer is available!

With the Canada resident offer now being based on booking for a certain exact time frame of the year with specific dates, what happens if you have to reschedule your vacation? Do you lose the tickets or can they be moved to other dates?

You can change the dates online once you have linked them to your account (I literally just did this today for our November trip).

Glad I got the Expedia deal. The tickets I bought then were significantly lower than these ones. Glad for everyone that these tickets will work for.

Yes it did used to be 25%.

That's interesting. I priced the tickets at the same time we normally go (end of Jan/beg of Feb) and the total price for our family of 5 (4 adults, 1 child for 10 day park hopper) was only $3.00 more than last year. I wonder if date based pricing evens it out for that time of year.

That's interesting. I priced the tickets at the same time we normally go (end of Jan/beg of Feb) and the total price for our family of 5 (4 adults, 1 child for 10 day park hopper) was only $3.00 more than last year. I wonder if date based pricing evens it out for that time of year.

Likely yes as Jan/Feb would be some of the cheaper times to go.

Glad I waited to buy for our Jan trip.

Couple questions if I may.

Plan on buying a 7 day ticket with hopper. If I decide to add the “More” option to use the waterparks will my upgrade not “negate” my discount? Was planning on leaving the waterparks to more of a “game time decision” based on weather.

Second - I assume these type of discounted tickets won’t be available through a place like Under cover tourist at an even greater discount?

Thanks.

I haven’t done it myself but I remember seeing threads last year that if the Canadian offer had ended by the time you travelled, ie March to December in this case, then you lost the discount if you had to upgrade your tickets by adding hopper or more. I think this is a situation where you have to buy the tickets you need up front or risk losing the discount.

Edited to add that, if you are travelling in January you might be okay, since the discounted tickets would still be available.

Has anyone been successful in booking this a a package with just the $200 deposit?

I am checking this out now. It advises to call if you want to make it a package but I decided to send a quote request through my travel agent. I don't normally use travel agents but if it will stop me from having to call, I'm all for it lol.

Will let you know once I hear back from them.

I am bit confused… I currently have a "Free Dining 2020" package from this fall bounceback… Can I modify my current tickets with the canadian discounted tickets?

Has anyone gotten an adjustment on tickets only? We bought 10 day tickets a month ago at full price. I'm hoping they'll honour it as it would save us $600 dollars. Just waiting for the phone lines to shorten... currently a 60+ minute wait.

I am bit confused… I currently have a "Free Dining 2020" package from this fall bounceback… Can I modify my current tickets with the canadian discounted tickets?
I don't think it would work out, because free dining is a separate promotion where you need to purchase a minimum number of day tickets (4 I think it is). But you could see if it would save money to change your package to the minimum amount of days needed to qualify for the free dining promotion and then buy the remainder of the tickets with the 20% off discount. So say you have 8 park days planned, changing you original package to 4 days (or whatever the minimum for free dining is) and then buying a discounted 4 day ticket for the other days. It might save money, it might not.

You can change the dates online once you have linked them to your account (I literally just did this today for our November trip).
Thank you! So if you need to change (modify) your vacation dates you modify them online and then pay the difference if the days you modify it to cost more?

Hoping for some clarification on the below C&P from Disney's site:

Important Details
  • Savings based on the non-discounted price a non-Canadian resident pays for the same ticket.
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which may be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
I was planning on having the tickets delivered to my home and then linking them to my MDE account and pay the $25 delivery fee.

We do not have an onsite reservation until the 3rd day of the Disney portion of our trip, so won't have Magic bands until day 3.

I was hoping the mailed tickets would work for the first 2 days as physical tickets without having to stop at the main entrance or use Will Call.

If having them delivered won't save a step what is the point in having them delivered????

Maybe I am missing something?

Important Details
  • Savings based on the non-discounted price a non-Canadian resident pays for the same ticket.
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which may be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
I was planning on having the tickets delivered to my home and then linking them to my MDE account and pay the $25 delivery fee.

We do not have an onsite reservation until the 3rd day of the Disney portion of our trip, so won't have Magic bands until day 3.

I was hoping the mailed tickets would work for the first 2 days as physical tickets without having to stop at the main entrance or use Will Call.

If having them delivered won't save a step what is the point in having them delivered????

They get linked to your account so you can still do fastpasses but you have to show proof of residency before entering the park.

Important Details

I don't know of any real reason to get them delivered other than old-school people who want to have something tangible in-hand before heading down. The in-person step to verify you're Canadian (you'd think getting them shipped to Canada would suffice...) is needed regardless, and you can likely get a plastic ticket there if you don't have MBs yet.

Yes, mine didn't end up costing anything, but if you switched to more expensive dates you would just pay the difference online.
Thank you again! And your tickets that you modified were purchased through the canadian resident offer? And you pay the difference online if any?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!