Canadian Resident Offer is available!

Just saw on the FB Air Miles group that the discounted CDN tickets are up!! 5 and 7 days available. Adults: 4725 or 4850 respectively. Child tickets: 4545 or 4675

Still waiting for my personal shopper quotes on the non-flex tickets. Regular and hopper. :)

That is actually quite reasonable points-wise. I had calculated around 21500 for 8 day base one park per day tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids through the personal shopper and the 7 day flexible tickets would be 19050. I'm curious to see what the personal shopper comes back with. I should hopefully hear today since I requested the quote back on the 25th. Haven't heard anything yet.

I bought these Canadian Resident tickets; 1 day per park. If I wanted to upgrade to park hoppers could I? And if so can I do that over the phone or only at Guest Services in person?

Thanks

When is your trip and did you just buy tickets or as part of a package? A package you should be able to do online before the discount expires (Feb 7, 2020).

If you want to upgrade them, and maintain the discount, you need to do so while the discount is offered. So if your trip is before Feb 7, 2020, you can do it at the guest services. If not, make sure you call to do so before Feb 7, 2020 (you should be able to over the phone, but I'm not aware of anyone trying as of yet).

I bought these Canadian Resident tickets; 1 day per park. If I wanted to upgrade to park hoppers could I? And if so can I do that over the phone or only at Guest Services in person?

Thanks
If you have any plans of actually using the hopper option you should 100% buy that NOW! I'll show you the math that will be used. Since these tickets are not available on site you'd be needing to go before the end of the promo and then crossing your fingers that you find someone who is willing to upgrade your ticket to the CDN rate and not the current gate price.

I'm using the cost of an adult ticket for 7 days with a start date of January 21st (just went to the cheapest date!)
If you upgrade your ticket now (over the phone is your only option at this point BTW I don't think this can happen in the APP)
CDN base ticket :$366.50
CDN hopper ticket: $434.66
Difference of $68.16

IF you wait till you arrive you could very well be subjected to the following math:
The value of your current CDN ticket:$366.50 (this will ALWAYS be the value assigned to this ticket, no question how much was paid)
Current gate price of hopper ticket:$544.18 (this could change if there is any price increase before you go as well)
Difference of $177.68

Very long way of saying, you will more than likely lose any realized discount if you wait till you arrive to upgrade those tickets.

Last edited:
I got my quotes back from the personal shopper but decided just to order direct through the site. I ordered four 7 day adult tickets for a total of 19,400 miles.

The quotes I received were:
7 day non-flex, non-hopper, starting Dec 13th: 5858 per ticket
7 day, non-flex, hopper, starting Dec 13th: 6816 per ticket

I got my quotes back from the personal shopper but decided just to order direct through the site. I ordered four 7 day adult tickets for a total of 19,400 miles.

When did you request your personal shopper quote? They are really sticking to the 4 business days for mine...

Yikes, this is more than I was hoping for. using their calculator on the Onyx page I thought I would be able to get the non-flex CDN hoppers for more like 6000/ticket than 7000 :(

I'm trying to do the math if getting the quote on hopper+ will be less or more than just getting the base on the site and water park tickets via the personal shopper. DH thinks we can manage without hoppers, I'd kinda like the flexibility.

Yikes, this is more than I was hoping for. using their calculator on the Onyx page I thought I would be able to get the non-flex CDN hoppers for more like 6000/ticket than 7000 :(

I'm trying to do the math if getting the quote on hopper+ will be less or more than just getting the base on the site and water park tickets via the personal shopper. DH thinks we can manage without hoppers, I'd kinda like the flexibility.

Same here! It was a bit more than I wanted/had so I sucked it up and went with the 7 day non-hoppers through Air Miles. My fast pass window opens in 12 days so I couldn't wait any longer. So happy this discount came in time though but hoppers would have been amazing.

If you have any plans of actually using the hopper option you should 100% buy that NOW! I'll show you the math that will be used. Since these tickets are not available on site you'd be needing to go before the end of the promo and then crossing your fingers that you find someone who is willing to upgrade your ticket to the CDN rate and not the current gate price.

I'm using the cost of an adult ticket for 7 days with a start date of January 21st (just went to the cheapest date!)
If you upgrade your ticket now (over the phone is your only option at this point BTW and ONLY if you bought direct from Disney)
CDN base ticket :$366.50
CDN hopper ticket: $434.66
Difference of $68.16

IF you wait till you arrive you could very well be subjected to the following math:
The value of your current CDN ticket:$366.50 (this will ALWAYS be the value assigned to this ticket, no question how much was paid)
Current gate price of hopper ticket:$544.18 (this could change if there is any price increase before you go as well)
Difference of $177.68

Very long way of saying, you will more than likely lose any realized discount if you wait till you arrive to upgrade those tickets.
Thanks to both for the info. I was pretty sure I would lose the discount if I tried to upgrade them after Feb 7th, and if I had to do it in person at Guest Relations it would not be possible as I am there in March. Looks like I should be able to take care of it over the phone.

Thanks again!

If I were to get the AM base tickets, could I call and get them upgraded to Hopper + at the Canadian discount rate? We want a water park day, and I'd like the flexibility of the hoppers, but the additional airmile cost isn't worth it, I'd just buy one water park day seperately. But if I could call and get them upgraded at the current rate, it might be worth it, it wouldn't be much different from the single water park tickets.

Seems like her quotes came in around what I would have expected them to come back with based on other's experiences with the Personal Shopper recently. The calculator on the site is always off. It told me around 18850 and I'm expecting my quote to come in around 20700 for my tickets.

Seems like her quotes came in around what I would have expected them to come back with based on other's experiences with the Personal Shopper recently. The calculator on the site is always off. It told me around 18850 and I'm expecting my quote to come in around 20700 for my tickets.
A couple of months ago a bunch of us used the Personal Shopper to get tickets for various things and we figured out the math being used sits around 14.2 miles per $1 USD
You would need to be really specific and tell them you want to buy the CDN discounted tickets!

A couple of months ago a bunch of us used the Personal Shopper to get tickets for various things and we figured out the math being used sits around 14.2 miles per $1 USD
You would need to be really specific and tell them you want to buy the CDN discounted tickets!

Hers came back around 14.07, which is pretty close, if not a bit better. They finally got back to me with the confirmation email so I will see how close my estimates are when I finally get the quote.

Very much not likely (I'm going to say nigh impossible) but you can try. You'd likely have to cancel the package and rebook entirely.

It worked by the way. If room rate had gone up since you booked, you lose a bit on room price to save more on the ticket price. Despite my trip being this week.

Reservation number stayed the same and everything.

Last time we bought our discounted tickets we did it at CAA so we could pay in CAD (and my dad likes to have the physical voucher for his). It’s still possible to do this even after the advent of date based tickets, right? Might be a silly question.

Just got my quote back. 2 Adult & 2 Child 8 day 1 Park per day starting January 25, 2020 was 21250 Air Miles. Works out to about 14.08 AM per USD. We ordered them since I didn't want to mess around trying to extend the flexible date ones by 1 day if we decided we really wanted 8 day tickets since we are there for 10 days.

How do we calculate how many miles something is per dollar again?

I have a quote coming to me for Universal’s promo on their website for 3 parks, 5 days (not offered on air miles website for 2020) and I just want to be able to see if it is worth using miles or paying outright.

How do we calculate how many miles something is per dollar again?

I have a quote coming to me for Universal’s promo on their website for 3 parks, 5 days (not offered on air miles website for 2020) and I just want to be able to see if it is worth using miles or paying outright.
It's been coming in around 14.2-ish miles per 1 USD, we *paid* 14.23 but just above someone's quote worked out to 14.08 miles. I would use the 14.2 miles as a starting point!

IMHO, using miles is a no-brainer because we get those miles for free!

They've been pretty consistent with their quotes lately so if it means getting exactly what you want, go for it. IMO it's better than getting something a bit cheaper but having to change your plans. And like @Donald - my hero said, we get the miles for free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!