Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

We purchased at BLT in October 2009, and just added a small contract at SSR last month! :banana:

Looking forward to a nice cruise on the Dream with the family, then a few days at BLT for the first time. :thumbsup2

We are DVC'rs from Halifax. Currently we have 200 pts at Saratoga, 110 at AKL and this Spring we will have Bay Lake Tower Pts. How many? We are still 'debating' that :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Regs,

Chad J.

Hello Hometown Disney Fans!
My sister and I would love to become DVC'rs too...but are wondering what is the additional cost for the annual dues? I know they vary from property to property, but in general what might we be expected to pay each year? And does membership entitle us to good discounts on the dining plan and park tickets? We always get the Deluxe DP because enjoying the restaurants (especially the signature ones) is a key part of the vacation for us.
Thanks for any input you can give.
Cheers,
Shelley

Hello Hometown Disney Fans!
My sister and I would love to become DVC'rs too...but are wondering what is the additional cost for the annual dues? I know they vary from property to property, but in general what might we be expected to pay each year? And does membership entitle us to good discounts on the dining plan and park tickets? We always get the Deluxe DP because enjoying the restaurants (especially the signature ones) is a key part of the vacation for us.
Thanks for any input you can give.
Cheers,
Shelley

Hi Shelly,

DVC is a great program but not for everyone as it does take advanced planning and depends on what you would usually do at Disney. For instance if you stay at value resorts usually, this won't pay off for you. Check out the dvc boards as this has been discussed a million times. (pros cons of buying). Also check out dvc news . com

That said, we LOVE it. As evident I. Our continual purchases lol. Dues are about $4 per point so it depends on how many you buy. You do not get any discount on the dining plan or are able to take advantage of free dining. You can only save on annual pass tickets. It's a good discount of at least $100.

For us it's the flexibility of vacations. This year alone we have gone or are going to vero beach, disney cruise, Saratoga springs and Disneyland Paris. All on points.

Happy research and planning!

Chad J.

Thanks for the info, Chad. I am definitely a planner. We are staying at WL for 8 nights this November - along with 6 other friends and family members to celebrate a big birthday I am having. We have only been planning for 2 years! Staying at the deluxe properties is high on my list and we want to try the Contemporary and Polynesian in the next few years...also would like to try Beach Club, Old Key West, you get the picture.

On our last visit, sis and I stayed at AKL and though it was lovely, I longed for the more convenient MK location and rustic charm of WL. I really appreciate your insights and will reading your blog!
Cheers,
Shelley:goodvibes

Thanks for the info, Chad. I am definitely a planner. We are staying at WL for 8 nights this November - along with 6 other friends and family members to celebrate a big birthday I am having. We have only been planning for 2 years! Staying at the deluxe properties is high on my list and we want to try the Contemporary and Polynesian in the next few years...also would like to try Beach Club, Old Key West, you get the picture.

On our last visit, sis and I stayed at AKL and though it was lovely, I longed for the more convenient MK location and rustic charm of WL. I really appreciate your insights and will reading your blog!
Cheers,
Shelley:goodvibes

shelley- you'll love wl! we just came back from 2 weeks there in april and it is beautiful. pics do not do it justice! we bought in while there to dvc. i like the fact like you mentioned you can move around to try the different deluxe resorts. the gf is my dream! we bought into blt with the minimum of 160 points and our dues will be around 6something in january. one aspect tho to keep in mind at disney, unless its a dvc place, wlvillas, blt, ssr etc, there is a one time 95$ fee if you stay at say the gf or poly etc. but to me it will be well worth it!

shelley- you'll love wl! we just came back from 2 weeks there in april and it is beautiful. pics do not do it justice! we bought in while there to dvc. i like the fact like you mentioned you can move around to try the different deluxe resorts. the gf is my dream! we bought into blt with the minimum of 160 points and our dues will be around 6something in january. one aspect tho to keep in mind at disney, unless its a dvc place, wlvillas, blt, ssr etc, there is a one time 95$ fee if you stay at say the gf or poly etc. but to me it will be well worth it!

Hello to another fellow Nova Scotian!
WL is amazing. My DH and I stayed there on our last visit together in 2006 (cannot believe it was that long ago) and it was love at first sight. WL just had this wonderfully welcoming vibe to me; as corny as it sounds (at least to non-Disney folk) WL just felt like HOME. I cannot wait to visit in a little over 3 months and share it with our closest friends. They balked slightly at the "deluxe" price and questioned whether the WL was really that much better than one of the mod resorts. I just had to show them some of our vacation pics of the hotel and nuff said, they were good to go without another word about the cost. Those are great friends, right! It'll be their first stay on-site at all.
Congratulations on your DVC purchase at BLT. Someday I will get to stay at the CR and at the Poly too. Still not sure if DVC is a good "fit" for me, but either way, we both have many magical stays to look forward to in coming years.
Cheers,
Shelley :yay:

Hello to another fellow Nova Scotian!
WL is amazing. My DH and I stayed there on our last visit together in 2006 (cannot believe it was that long ago) and it was love at first sight. WL just had this wonderfully welcoming vibe to me; as corny as it sounds (at least to non-Disney folk) WL just felt like HOME. I cannot wait to visit in a little over 3 months and share it with our closest friends. They balked slightly at the "deluxe" price and questioned whether the WL was really that much better than one of the mod resorts. I just had to show them some of our vacation pics of the hotel and nuff said, they were good to go without another word about the cost. Those are great friends, right! It'll be their first stay on-site at all.
Congratulations on your DVC purchase at BLT. Someday I will get to stay at the CR and at the Poly too. Still not sure if DVC is a good "fit" for me, but either way, we both have many magical stays to look forward to in coming years.
Cheers,
Shelley :yay:

wow three yrs? eek! i know i started getting the itch once i had our first born! we were there the yr she was born. then we had ds....we told her last yr she'd be 6 before we took her. then we had a horrible yr last yr. so for our tenth wedding anny off we went. nothing beats seein disney through your kids eyes. it made me cry! as soon as we got home we rec'd a 40% off pin code for the deluxe. so i snapped it up! so yeah you really need to be going a lot for it to pay off. we knew we'd go next feb when the schools are shut, so it was a no brainer. hubby wants a break after that, so the next yr we may just use the points to go to maine, and stay in nh.
we went to the luau at the poly in april and loved it, the resort is beautiful! so maybe one trip we'll try there too. enjoy your upcoming trip and i hope your friends have a wonderful first visit!

wow three yrs? eek! i know i started getting the itch once i had our first born! we were there the yr she was born. then we had ds....we told her last yr she'd be 6 before we took her. then we had a horrible yr last yr. so for our tenth wedding anny off we went. nothing beats seein disney through your kids eyes. it made me cry! as soon as we got home we rec'd a 40% off pin code for the deluxe. so i snapped it up! so yeah you really need to be going a lot for it to pay off. we knew we'd go next feb when the schools are shut, so it was a no brainer. hubby wants a break after that, so the next yr we may just use the points to go to maine, and stay in nh.
we went to the luau at the poly in april and loved it, the resort is beautiful! so maybe one trip we'll try there too. enjoy your upcoming trip and i hope your friends have a wonderful first visit!

Would you believe that we received a 40% pin just this week and were able to apply it not only to our room, but to our friends' rooms too (max of 3 rooms) and we are now saving almost $1000 off the package price we had originally booked AND we are booked into upgraded "courtyard" rooms which the CM told us offered a view of the geyser! With that news, everyone is more charged up than ever...we can use the savings to REALLY enjoy the Food & Wine festival! As we were lucky enough to be saving so much off our original price, my DH had a great idea and we booked an Illuminations specialty cruise one of the nights. It is a surprise for our gang and we know they'll love it.

This coming Wed, August 4th will mean we are just 3 months away and the countdown is really on. My sister and I had a girls trip to Disney in 2008, staying at AKL. We told our husbands it was a "research" trip to prepare for the big birthday trip with all the gang. We got a wicked good deal - but it kind of backfired on us...the cost was incredible. Our one week stay, standard room (but we had a partial savana view and saw giraffes and zebras every day from our balcony) with deluxe dining package was just over $2500 for the two of us. But this red hot deal meant we had to travel in early September. I knew it would be hot, as this was the same time DH and I had stayed at WL in 2006, but mercy - it was even HOTTER when my sis and I were there. Just miserable humidity. Even local Floridians and people from Louisiana and other southern states were complaining that it was unusually hot and humid, so it wasn't just us lightweight northerners who couldn't handle it. Well, we got sick. :sick: Nasty colds that just zapped whatever energy we had left after the heat had its way with us. In fact, it seemed everyone around us was sick too - the hotel giftshop ran out of cold medication, as did the Poly and several other stores we tried.

WDW may be the happiest place in the world, but it is the last place you want to be ill. The last day and a half we spent in bed in our room, sleeping. The biggest disappointment was having to cancel some meals we were so looking forward to, such as Jiko and Artist Point. This time around, I am taking no chances. One month out, I am starting a regimen of vitamin C to help ward off any cold viruses! And my sister and I have already talked about "re-doing" our sister trip in late 2011 or 2012 because we felt so cheated out of our last one. One thing is certain though, no matter how good the deal is, be it free dining plan, 40% off - I have decided definitively that I am NOT going in HOT, HOT weather again. No thank you.

We do not have kids of our own to be able to share Disney with, but we do have a 4 year old niece and 2 year old god-daughter we are looking forward to taking to WDW when they are old enough - or shall I say big enough to ride the good rides. I can only imagine what it will be like to have kids along to share the magic with. I am glad I am not the only one who cries at Disney. The Wishes fireworks are my favourite - I well up every time! I am such a sap. But I love it. And this year, we have tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and will get to see the special holiday wishes, plus the MK "done up" for the holidays - also a first. It really is true that it takes a lifetime to discovery everything Disney has to offer. Aren't you glad that we among those who "get it"? Life without Disney just wouldn't be the same at all. :woohoo:

Manitoba here. I don't know any DVC members from here. It would be nice to share the excitement of all the vacations we can take each year!

:confused3

We're from Burlington, Ontario. Bought 150 pts at SS in 2007 and added on 50 in 2009.

We love having a kitchen and a king size bed in our 1-brs! It's also nice to know that we are planning to go to Disney every year!

One more week!

Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice :flower3: We're looking to do a small add on of 50 points and was wondering if it would be best to buy right away or wait until our cruise in february? Is there much of a discount or advantage to buying such a small amount on the cruise that would make it worth waiting? I'm looking at booking a wdw/dvc trip for the end of sept/early oct 2011 and currently don't have enough points even with borrowing. I'm planning on booking a 1 bedroom at BLT with either standard or lake view and am not sure I want to wait until mid february to book it. If I buy the points right away I can book it at the 11 month window. Oh and by the way we have a february use year if that makes a difference in any advice anyone may give :) Thank You.

We just bought 160pts at GCV.....anyone know what the configuration is for the 2 bedroom dedicated suites? (I am talking about the actual layout of the resort, not the room layout) I would like to know where they are situated in the resort.

Our first DVC trip will be next month, May 27th to June 4th. Not sure who's more excited, my kids or me (ok, me).

Widowed dad here with three kids, son 10 and twin girls 6. We have 130 (soon to be 180) points at SSR, and we hail from Toronto.

we joined blt on wednesday! so very excited! we were already planning the trip for next year, and are here now, and were here in october...only makes sense to me!

At the being of May we bought 200 pts at BLT. It is finally starting to sink in. We own a piece of Disney!:cool1:

Just updated the list, Welcome!

We purchased at BLT in October 2009, and just added a small contract at SSR last month! :banana:

Looking forward to a nice cruise on the Dream with the family, then a few days at BLT for the first time. :thumbsup2

We're from Burlington, Ontario. Bought 150 pts at SS in 2007 and added on 50 in 2009.

We love having a kitchen and a king size bed in our 1-brs! It's also nice to know that we are planning to go to Disney every year!

One more week!

Please add me to the list of Canadian DVC Members!!!

We just passed ROFR and are proud owners at OKW! :cool1:

Manitoba here. I don't know any DVC members from here. It would be nice to share the excitement of all the vacations we can take each year!

:confused3

Just updated the list, Welcome and Happy Planning!

Hello! We've been DVCrs since 2008 at Animal Kingdom Kidani. Please add us to the list. :thumbsup2

Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice :flower3: We're looking to do a small add on of 50 points and was wondering if it would be best to buy right away or wait until our cruise in february? Is there much of a discount or advantage to buying such a small amount on the cruise that would make it worth waiting? I'm looking at booking a wdw/dvc trip for the end of sept/early oct 2011 and currently don't have enough points even with borrowing. I'm planning on booking a 1 bedroom at BLT with either standard or lake view and am not sure I want to wait until mid february to book it. If I buy the points right away I can book it at the 11 month window. Oh and by the way we have a february use year if that makes a difference in any advice anyone may give :) Thank You.

I don't believe there is much of a break on small add-ons, so if you need the points you may as well buy them sooner than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter