Canadian Buffoon's Exhausted Vacation - Update 09/01 - New TR link!

2. I didn't write about winter tires,
because I don't use winter tires.
I know... I know... I should.
But I have no room left in
the garage to store them anyways.
I've never driven with them, so don't "miss" them.

But yes... I should.
Here in Ontario you can get a discount on your insurance if you have snow tires. Don't know how much I just know that we get it so all of our vehicles have snow tires.
Yes storage of them is a problem but we store them covered under our back deck. We have 2 Jeeps so they are quite large tires and heavy. We just roll them up from the backyard, load them into the Jeep and off to the mechanic for installation then roll the other ones back down.
My friend has hers stored with a tire changing company and they take them off in April/May and put them back on October/November time frame. They then store them for her at their facility.

:laughing:
Well... I did do a road trip to
Toronto/Niagara Falls last fall, but...
While I took some photos, just didn't
think that anyone would be interested.
I mean... I've written about so much

that isn't remotely Disney related already...
Since I have only travelled to my cottage any trip reporting is something that I would read. Oh wait we had a road trip to the Big Apple. Not that Big Apple, we have one in Colborne Ontario so that was our road trip.
Oh and we had a 1 day drive to the Lift Locks in Peterborough. I know what an exciting live we lead.

Here in Ontario you can get a discount on your insurance if you have snow tires. Don't know how much I just know that we get it so all of our vehicles have snow tires.
Ah! That would be nice here.
Here they just offer a financing
deal (prime + 2%) over 1-4 years.
Yes storage of them is a problem but we store them covered under our back deck.
Oh! That's a good idea.
I have plenty of room there.

We have 2 Jeeps so they are quite large tires and heavy. We just roll them up from the backyard, load them into the Jeep and off to the mechanic for installation then roll the other ones back down.
Do you have them on rims?
Or does the installer switch
the tires on the same rims?
Since I have only travelled to my cottage any trip reporting is something that I would read.
Well, you're the only one! :laughing:
Oh wait we had a road trip to the Big Apple. Not that Big Apple, we have one in Colborne Ontario so that was our road trip.
mmmm.... pie.
Better than Wanda's???

Oh and we had a 1 day drive to the Lift Locks in Peterborough. I know what an exciting live we lead.
Actually, I'd like to see the Lift Locks. :)

Do you have them on rims?
Or does the installer switch
the tires on the same rims?
Yes they are on rims. The Wrangler has 2 sets and both have nice Jeep rims and the Commander has 1 set of fancy rims and 1 set of normal rims.
mmmm.... pie.
Better than Wanda's???

I don't know what Wanda's is and sad to say I didn't get the pie this time. I have had it before and it was just meh. We did get some apple dumplings that weren't bad. I didn't get much there but one of the people I went with went for the apple treats. For us it was more of a road trip get out of the house trip.
Actually, I'd like to see the Lift Locks. :)
On that day the Lift Locks were all shut down for the season so we just walked to the top looked them over and went back down. Again we took a friend who hadn't been anywhere for months out for a road trip. We will need to go back this summer and check out what they are like. I have seen some of the other locks and they are quite cool.

Yes they are on rims. The Wrangler has 2 sets and both have nice Jeep rims and the Commander has 1 set of fancy rims and 1 set of normal rims.
:thumbsup2
I don't know what Wanda's is and sad to say I didn't get the pie this time.
Wand's Pie in the Sky... in Toronto.
Wanda's Pie in the Sky – Bringing a slice of home to the heart of the city. (wandaspieinthesky.com)
Ajax, ON to Wanda's Pie in the Sky - Google Maps
I have had it before and it was just meh.
Then you definitely
need to get to Wanda's. ::yes::

We did get some apple dumplings that weren't bad. I didn't get much there but one of the people I went with went for the apple treats. For us it was more of a road trip get out of the house trip.
Any excuse, right?
On that day the Lift Locks were all shut down for the season so we just walked to the top looked them over and went back down.
Well... poop.
Still...
These days, an outing

is an outing.
Again we took a friend who hadn't been anywhere for months out for a road trip. We will need to go back this summer and check out what they are like. I have seen some of the other locks and they are quite cool.
Never seen locks.
Would very much like to. :)

I enjoyed the whole trip report! I especially liked the part about Churchill. I had no idea that polar bears "hibernated" in summer! And the "bergie bits" are super cool.

I'd love to get back to Vancouver again - we went years ago with a toddler and had a great time, but there's a ton I haven't seen. And a vacation on Vancouver Island is high on the list! I looked into it last summer, but in the end we decided go camping and spend a week in Kelowna. We also enjoy kayaking, but didn't do any last summer - we got paddle boards for camping. They were larger than expected to transport, and a pain to get set up, but a lot of fun.

For our March trip to WDW we are planning on a day at Kennedy Space Center. It'll be a Sunday - I hope it's not too crazy busy. It was great to see your report on it back from the before times.

Thank you for keeping your TR going for so long! It was fun to read, and if you add more, count me in to read it!

I enjoyed the whole trip report!
Thanks! :goodvibes
I especially liked the part about Churchill. I had no idea that polar bears "hibernated" in summer! And the "bergie bits" are super cool.
It's a whole other world
up there.
I would highly recommend it

to anyone, for a visit.
I'd love to get back to Vancouver again - we went years ago with a toddler and had a great time, but there's a ton I haven't seen.
I've been a few times...
and I still have lots to see! :laughing:

And a vacation on Vancouver Island is high on the list!
::yes::
Love it there.
I looked into it last summer, but in the end we decided go camping and spend a week in Kelowna.
Well, that's not exactly
the worst thing!

We also enjoy kayaking, but didn't do any last summer - we got paddle boards for camping. They were larger than expected to transport, and a pain to get set up, but a lot of fun.
Pain to set up?
How so?
I've never done any paddle boarding.

Do you mean SUP?
For our March trip to WDW we are planning on a day at Kennedy Space Center. It'll be a Sunday - I hope it's not too crazy busy. It was great to see your report on it back from the before times.
When I went it wasn't busy at all.
Hopefully you'll have a similar experience. :)

Thank you for keeping your TR going for so long! It was fun to read, and if you add more, count me in to read it!
You're welcome!
And... okay! :)

Well, that's not exactly
the worst thing!
Yep! It was good, but it's crazy that I haven't been on a plane in 2 years. The last trip I took pre-pandemic was in February 2020 with the friends that I will be seeing again in about 2 weeks!

Pain to set up?
How so?
I've never done any paddle boarding.

Do you mean SUP?
Yes, SUPs. We rented 2 of inflatable SUPs, and they only come with hand pumps. They are double barreled, which helps. But they are not compatible with an electric pump, which would be much easier. It takes a decent amount of time and effort to inflate them. We tried it out for the first time at a lake we had driven to (not the lake by our camp site). And it's too big to fit in the minivan after it's inflated. So we inflated both the SUPs the first day, but only one of them the second day. For that particular trip, we had 3 kids with us - ages 8, 9, and 10. The paddleboards can handle the weight of 2 small adults, or an adult and 2 kids, or the 3 kids.

When I went it wasn't busy at all.
Hopefully you'll have a similar experience. :)
Finger crossed, but it will be during spring break time, so I'm not counting on it.

Yep! It was good, but it's crazy that I haven't been on a plane in 2 years. The last trip I took pre-pandemic was in February 2020 with the friends that I will be seeing again in about 2 weeks!
I don't remember the last
time I was on a plane!

Yes, SUPs. We rented 2 of inflatable SUPs, and they only come with hand pumps. They are double barreled, which helps. But they are not compatible with an electric pump, which would be much easier.
I was guessing they were
inflatable SUPs, but...
Wasn't positive.

Not compatible...

:sad2:

Serious design flaw, there.
We tried it out for the first time at a lake we had driven to (not the lake by our camp site). And it's too big to fit in the minivan after it's inflated. So we inflated both the SUPs the first day, but only one of them the second day. For that particular trip, we had 3 kids with us - ages 8, 9, and 10. The paddleboards can handle the weight of 2 small adults, or an adult and 2 kids, or the 3 kids.
That sounds like a
ton of fun for the kids. :)

Finger crossed, but it will be during spring break time, so I'm not counting on it.
I dunno... spring break is so spread out that I have a feeling it won't be too bad.
Then again, I have no idea! :laughing:

Riviera was amazing!!!
And so was the Skyliner.
Ale and Compass was really good.
Eating in the castle was cool.

Attachments

• A6929FB0-E63A-4F90-AF27-0058C1C0D5AF.jpeg
    A6929FB0-E63A-4F90-AF27-0058C1C0D5AF.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4
Well, hi there! Nice to "see" you again. :)
And again, I sort of disappeared. New job turned into A LOT of travel within the province and it just limited so much of my personal time but alas started a new job with the City of Vancouver doing IT stuff which keeps me home and finally settling into a routine again.

At least I got a refund. Partial, but... a refund

That's true, any plans now that things are slowly opening back up?

We're already talking about doing some more this summer. Sure doesn't look like we'll be able to go anywhere else again this summer.
So did you guys do any camping last summer, now that it is almost next next summer.

And again, I sort of disappeared.
Well hi there. :)
New job turned into A LOT of travel within the province and it just limited so much of my personal time but alas started a new job with the City of Vancouver doing IT stuff which keeps me home and finally settling into a routine again.
So.... is that... a good thing??
That's true, any plans now that things are slowly opening back up?
Several, actually. :)
Whether or not any come to fruition
is up for debate. (Covid willing.)
I have a road trip sometime
between now and September.
I have a weekend in Yellowknife
with kid #2 and a week
in Disney with kid #1

and my Alaska cruise in the fall.
So did you guys do any camping last summer, now that it is almost next next summer.
Yep. Once tenting
and once in a cabin.

I think it should be a "friends of pkondz" line. Oh, BTW I ran across a puzzle this morning that had your name on it. I'm a week or two behind on actually solving puzzles. I bookmark them every 2-3 days and then solve the oldest ones first. I find that most of the "solves" have been completed by the time that I get to them and if I can make it on the leaderboard then I'm doing pretty good. I've been "challenging" myself to beat certain people's times. I've passed some of them up and have made new goals. It used to be that I was missing the bottom time on the leaderboard by 5 seconds or so. Now I'm consistently making on there (unless all the really fast people have done the puzzle). I feel like this goal (and Galactic Hero on Buzz Lightyear) are within my reach. The puzzle one more so since I can practice every day.....
Yes, I know, I'm way behind. I know I'm way behind on @Steppesister and @Captain_Oblivious also. It's something about the dis stopping notifying me and me getting/being too busy to remember to check the threads.

What kind of puzzles are you talking about and one with his name on it? I love puzzles, which is why it piqued my interest.

I thought it was because the TSA agents have a running bet....did she pack her undies THIS time?
:lmao:
Yes, I know, I'm way behind. I know I'm way behind on @Steppesister and @Captain_Oblivious also. It's something about the dis stopping notifying me and me getting/being too busy to remember to check the threads.
That's no excuse!
30 lashes with a wet noodle!

Haha... you look like Bill when he braves the temps in his balaclava.

Then Bill is a brave man!

Wait. That can't be right! That would mean you're brave and not just crazy.

Hmmmm

NAH!!!! :lmao:

You sure?????

Funny how just about all babies are cute.
Baby lions
Baby tigers
Baby bears
Baby oh mys

Even baby gators are cute.

I loved this update! It kinda reminding me of the opening to "O Canada": "Canada, big, wide, and very, very cold" and "snows 24 hours a day" :rotfl: But then of course you added some springtime and other non-snowy pictures, so I guess you're in cahoots with Martin Short trying to dispel some of these myths? Your descriptions are just amazing, I practically felt like I was there with you! (And wish I was... but in a very heavy parka :laughing::laughing:)
Wait! You mean it doesn't snow 24x7?
Martin has been lying all these years?
:wave: Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter