But I'm here now, and...
what is that???
I pointed it out to Liesa.
I mean, she used to work here.
So of course she would know
right away, right?

"The Matterhorn?"

She had no clue!

Woah! I wouldn't have recognized this at all, either. Good eye to even notice it in the first place, as I'm sure most people look at it and don't give it a second thought. Glad Kari could save the day!

Are you sure it can't wait, because...

"COFFEE!!!!"

Hehehe this sounds just a little like Liesa.

The tiny castle:

P1040573_zpsoro8dial.jpg

Awwww! Look at it! The wee little babe!!

I know we did Pirates next...
and since it's far superior
to the MK version,
I put my camera away and
just enjoyed it.

This is what I want to do at Disneyland! I want to ride the far-superior Pirates ride!

P1040610_zpsnko8ejhm.jpg

Maybe a good thing that it isn't
visible from the train.
Although if that beaver keeps
going, they'll find out soon enough.

:laughing: Uh oh!

Woah! I wouldn't have recognized this at all, either. Good eye to even notice it in the first place, as I'm sure most people look at it and don't give it a second thought. Glad Kari could save the day!

I just happened to be spending
too much time standing there.

I figured it had to mean something!

Hehehe this sounds just a little like Liesa.

::yes::

:laughing:

Awwww! Look at it! The wee little babe!!

It's so tiny!
It fits in a teacup!

Which, incidentally,
is how that ride came about.

This is what I want to do at Disneyland! I want to ride the far-superior Pirates ride!

It's much better. Longer, too.

Do not go on that train!
Just.... don't!

Canada Day 2.jpg

In your defense, even if you DO see it in person, it looks more like a wolf than a bear.

"COFFEE!!!!"

I'm with her!

What a nice day at DL so far. With the exception of just missing out on Splash, you and your posse were able to get on a lot of iconic rides, including the slower-paced steamboat and train. Nice to sit back and watch the world go by!

Our fatal mistake was not having the fried chicken at the Plaza when we were there. Or churros. We have been equally unimpressed with the ones at WDW. Will have to correct those couple of things when we make it back there.

In case you missed it:

I did. You distracted me with the story about the bridge that what modeled after a roller coaster.

:sad2:

:goodvibes

In your defense, even if you DO see it in person, it looks more like a wolf than a bear.

Well... I kinda thought it looked
like a wolf too.

I'm with her!

Coffee for Dee! Stat!

What a nice day at DL so far. With the exception of just missing out on Splash, you and your posse were able to get on a lot of iconic rides, including the slower-paced steamboat and train. Nice to sit back and watch the world go by!

Our fatal mistake was not having the fried chicken at the Plaza when we were there. Or churros. We have been equally unimpressed with the ones at WDW. Will have to correct those couple of things when we make it back there.

That chicken is gooood!

Can't speak for the churros, though.

I did. You distracted me with the story about the bridge that what modeled after a roller coaster.

My plan worked!

People should automatically
move aside when I approach.
It's just something that needs
to happen.
Don't you agree??
Yes! ::yes::

Well, I sashayed.
I believe the others sauntered.
Amateurs... :laughing:

A true sashay takes years
of dedication and practice
and few master.
So... I suppose the others sauntered but were probably studying the sashay from the master himself.

HM is the best ride.
Agreed!!! :thumbsup2

Well, ya gotta hand it to her,
she knows a good photo op
when she sees it too.
:rotfl2:

Love your morning at DL - I want to go back!!!

It sounds like a very relaxed start to your day. Was it hard to slow down? I always want to ride the boat too, but there is always more options to do and we never seem to fit it in. It seems like something the kids might enjoy though. We loved Pirates at Disneyland. Did you also notice the difference on BTMRR? We liked Disneyland's version better too. I'm so sorry you didn't get on Splash. I have a funny story for you... We went to Disneyland this past September. My parents tagged along with us so we had both sets of grandparents. Well, I was having a hard time riding with my kids. My DH took our little one on Pooh and I was in line with both sets of grandparents and my other four kiddos. So we get to the loading platform and I tell them I am riding with my kids. So I climb aboard the boat with my four kids and the grandparents are standing looking at us launch bewildered. They get in the next boat behind us. There were 5 solid adults in that boat. Both sets of grandparents and a single rider grown adult. Now I had read that you tend to get more wet on Splash at Disneyland so I was prepared for the big drop (which honestly seemed smaller than Disney World's). So I had a great ride with my kiddos and we come to the big drop. We head down and barely get splashed. Huh? Oh well. We had a great ride singing and enjoying the ride together. So we waited at the picture kiosk for the grandparents. We find their picture, which is funny, but it is nothing compared to the sopping wet grandparents that were marching towards us. They were drenched. Top to bottom, ringing out their shirts and shorts and hair dripping drenched. The kids and I laughed so hard. They were definitely none to happy. My FIL just kept saying how I should have given them some kids to make the weight of the boat not so heavy so that they wouldn't have taken in so much water. They actually thought I did it on purpose because I knew they would get soaked, which made me laugh harder. Anyways, when you go back try and ride with grown ups for the full soaking!!!!
Oh, and Marvin looks good on the train! Get some rest.

Thanks Meghan! Right back atcha!
Hope yours was a bit more
enjoyable than mine was.
(Working... of course.)

Sorry to hear you were stuck at work! (But not really surprised with how busy you've been lately!) We spent our weekend on PEI and Nathan painted for a small Canada Day event in Rustico, not too far from the touristy Cavendish area. It seemed like everyone and their dog was there, ( :dog2:pug: literally,) and we got to spend the day meeting mostly fun, kind, down-to-earth people. And listening to cover bands. ALL the cover bands. Over the course of the day, I counted three different guys who'd shot men in Reno just to watch them die, and 4 men and 2 women who wished to be rocked like wagon wheels! :rockband: But was nice to be outside and making friends with other Canadians. I count it a win!

Sorry to hear you were stuck at work! (But not really surprised with how busy you've been lately!) We spent our weekend on PEI and Nathan painted for a small Canada Day event in Rustico, not too far from the touristy Cavendish area. It seemed like everyone and their dog was there, ( :dog2:pug: literally,) and we got to spend the day meeting mostly fun, kind, down-to-earth people. And listening to cover bands. ALL the cover bands. Over the course of the day, I counted three different guys who'd shot men in Reno just to watch them die, and 4 men and 2 women who wished to be rocked like wagon wheels! :rockband: But was nice to be outside and making friends with other Canadians. I count it a win!
Okay....I don't understand that last line...

shot men in Reno just to watch them die?
wished to be rocked like wagon wheels?

Are those lyrics from songs (that I don't know)?

Glad you had a good Canada day!

Okay....I don't understand that last line...

shot men in Reno just to watch them die?
wished to be rocked like wagon wheels?

Are those lyrics from songs (that I don't know)?

Glad you had a good Canada day!

Thanks so much!

:laughing: I wondered if anyone would read that and be confused! But you're right on the money—they're references to song lyrics. The first one is from "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash:

When I was just a baby
My Mama told me, "Son
Always be a good boy
Don't ever play with guns, "
But I shot a man in Reno
Just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowin'
I hang my head and cry

The second is from "Wagon Wheel," originally by Old Crow Medicine Show (and I think also Bob Dylan?,) but recently made more popular by Darius Rucker:

So rock me momma like a wagon wheel
Rock me momma any way you feel
Hey, momma rock me

They're songs that tend to be done again and again by cover bands around here...done to death, really. I would be shocked if I went to an outdoor summer event with musical entertainment and didn't hear someone sing "Wagon Wheel" at least once all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter