Can you....

rbsplash3

Earning My Ears
see both electric parade and decent fireworks same day or parade and fantasmic same day????

thanks

Yes and yes. But,you have to know how to maneuver the crowds and have a good strategy. You probably will not be able to see the fireworks from the inside. Personally I would not try. You can see them from the area in between DCA and DL or you can go to Dowtown Disney by ESPN Zone to catch a good view of the fireworks but you have to walk really fast to make it.

If you see the ELP from it's starting point in Paradise Pier, walk really fast over to DL (no stopping for anything) and don't expect a prime location for the fireworks (expect to be on the train station end of Main Street), yes, you can indeed see the fireworks from inside DL. You can even then see Fantasmic if they have a 10:30 show (again, you won't be able to get one of the best spots). To do this, though, you'll have to make like salmon and walk against the crowds leaving the park.

I would plan for the parade and F!, and plan the fireworks for another evening. They really set it up to discourage people from doing ELP and fireworks in the same night. They set the times close together and reduce the number of people working the gates. Save yourself the stress and plan them for different nights.

FYI, DLR sets the DEP starting time and parade direction purposely so that people cannot easily do this. They used to have DEP going the opposite direction and tons of people were doing the parkhop thing you suggest. So they changed things to make it more difficult. Seeing the late Fantasmic after DEP (or even the Fireworks) is pretty doable - although if you did Fantasmic I would take the DLRR around to NOS to get a spot for Fantasmic rather than trying to fight thru Main Street.

I agree with hbl that it would be better to plan these for separate nights if possible.

I agree with hlbtimes2 and Hydroguy. We were unable to do this in June as hard as we tried. We ended up only being able to see the fireworks from the Espanlande area, near the CALIFORNIA letters. We got out of DCA only to realize no way could we get through the long, long line of people going into Disneyland. I also noticed security was very backed up in the bag check area of people who had excited through DCA through the GCH and were trying to get into Disneyland that way. At least we got to watch them but we missed a lot of the affects obviously. One other night we watched the fireworks from that same area in the Espanlande and they did pipe the music in which was nice and made it a better experience if not a complete one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter