Can you Unborrow borrowed points?

CluckFam7

Earning My Ears
Newbie question here - can you unborrow borrowed points?

For example, for a Feb use year, if I wanted to borrow 2024 points to book a 2023 vacation, then I later cancelled that 2023 vacation, do those points stay as 2023 points that must be used by Jan 31, 2024, or do they automatically revert to 2024 points?

If they stay 2023 points, can I bank those borrowed points back to 2024?

They would stay as 2023 points and you cannot bank them back to 2024. That being said, if there are exceptional circumstances and you call member services to beg and plead, they have been known to make exceptions. But don't count on it.

Banking and borrowing are final transactions, you cannot unbank or unborrow points & they are stuck in whatever use year you banked/borrowed them into & they must be used by the end of that use year.

Banking and borrowing are final transactions, you cannot unbank or unborrow points & they are stuck in whatever use year you banked/borrowed them into & they must be used by the end of that use year.
So, what would happen if you borrow points than modify the reservation and no longer need as many points? Would the new reservation use the borrowed points first? That was you could bank the extra unborrowed points into next year. Is that right?

So, what would happen if you borrow points than modify the reservation and no longer need as many points? Would the new reservation use the borrowed points first? That was you could bank the extra unborrowed points into next year. Is that right?

Yes. The system will always use the banked or borrowed points before the current points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter